Lukewarm:02

Tackling Taekook

"I'm sorry, Mr. Kim. We have tried everything but your husband's body is rejecting all the drugs that we have tried on him.So for now, we won't be able to improve his health. He will have to take help from all the machines we have referred.Also, his fluctuating memory is something we'll have to give up on because the drugs we've used are negatively impacting him.Now it's up to you.Would you like to take care of him from home or would you like to admit him to a hospital? It's a lot of work and takes a lot of patience while dealing with cases such as this."
"Okay.Please give me some time to think.I'll let you know soon."
That day, Taehyung went home with a heavy heart. The deteriorating health of Jungkook was beginning to affect him too. For too many days, he had hoped to see Jungkook being able to walk freely and not be bed ridden all the time. They had dreams just like any normal couple.Once, they were free like birds.Every weekend, they would go out.Taehyung remembered running around in a park, with Jungkook's hands closely clasped in his. 
But now it seems like a far-off memory.The cute, wild and free Jungkook he knew has been replaced by a sick Jungkook who can barely walk on his own.This Jungkook can't even recognize Taehyung at times.It seems like they're living in a horrible drug-induced nightmare. 
Sometimes,Taehyung feels like giving up beacuse he's a human too.And because he's tired of seeing Jungkook so weak and vulnerable. He had fell in love with the fire in Jungkook's eyes.But now, Jungkook's eyes look distant and far away.Some days, when he's feeling good, he would return back to being the old Kookie, as much as he can.His eyes would light up seeing Taehyung. Yet there are also days where he would scream at Taehyung, failing to recognize his lover.Taehyung had to wait patiently for Jungkook to regain his memory. 
The task itself is rather tiring but Taehyung finds it difficult to let go of the dreams they had seen together. Just after being married, they had thought of adopting a baby.They had planned to move in the new house Taehyung had bought for Jungkook. In that house, a nursery filled with toys awaits it's new occupier.
-----

Taehyung was going through the memories he had created together with his husband. Taehyung was usually the one to plan surprises.But on the day of their wedding, it was Jungkook who had surprised him.He remembers the lines Jungkook had sung-

Go through the darkest of days

Heaven's a heartbreak away

Never let you go, never let me down

Oh, it's been a hell of a ride

Driving the edge of a knife

Never let you go, never let me down

Don't you give up, nah-nah-nah

I won't give up, nah-nah-nah

Let me love you

Let me love you....

Jungkook had been bashful after he had finished singing, politely accepting the rows of praise while looking anxiously at Taehyung. 

Taehyung didn't think that your love for a person could grow day by day. But there Jungkook was, proving him wrong and making him fall harder every day. 

Taehyung knew what to do.

-----

Jungkook woke up to the feeling of being wrapped in a secure embrace.He looked at the handsome male hugging him.He should feel scared, but for some reason, he felt oddly at peace.He stared as the man opened his eyes slowly and yawned.

Suddenly he turned towards Jungkook. 

"Kookie, you're awake!"he exclaimed. 

"Um, you are...."Jungkook whispered. 

Taehyung softly nudged his head upwards, making Jungkook look up at the ceiling. He was in a different room from before, this much he could remember. He took in the array of pictures. The first one was of him, blushing with his mouth hanging open.The picture read, "The time I first confessed."

He moved on to a picture of them together. The man beside him was kneeling down in front of him. He had a ring in his hands-''The time I proposed. "

Then, there was a picture of a marriage ceremony, one of their honeymoon and the last one of the house they're currently in.Yes, Jungkook remembers.But he still looks at the final installment-a mirror showing his face."My whole wide world, "it read.

Jungkook turned towards Taehyung. His eyes glistening with unshed tears.He loves his husband. But would he able to do what Taehyung was doing for him? Would he really have the patience? Why would Taehyung go through such measures? 

He looked at Taehyung, tears rolling down his cheek."Why?"he asked softly.

He felt soft hands wiping the tears on his cheek.Then he felt a soft peck on his lips as Taehyung took both of his hands on his own.

Looking straight at Jungkook, Taehyung said,"Because I'll love you always and forever, until death do us apart. "

~~~~

This is unedited and has lots of mistakes. I think.Also, 'Let Me Love You'-by DJ Snake feat.Justin Bieber  seemed perfect for this one.Hope you enjoy~