Chapter 2

His White Lie || JiminXYou

Choi Min Ra's POV

It was another Monday morning and I was beyond frustrated to remember that I'm supposed to be driving an idiot and an egotistic emo with me to school and back home as well. Grunting, I grabbed my keys and clipped the cold, metal key ring between my teeth, holding my stack of books in one hand and holding out the doorknob with the other before I twisted it.

The cold breeze greeted my warm skin, making goosebumps rise. I shivered but shrugged the feeling off afterwards. Other than the wind greeting me, a grinning Taehyung and a frowning Jimin greeted me as well with just a simple 'good morning' which I returned in grumble as I took the key ring off my mouth and unlocked the door. The two jumped almost instantaneously, with the ball of sunshine at the back this time.

The whole ride was quiet between Taehyung, Jimin and me, which rarely happens. Even so, one will break that silence. Eventually, Taehyung volunteered to do so, "Hey, Min-ah.. Is there something wrong?"

I kept my eyes on the road and answered, simply, "No, Tae Oppa."

He didn't seem to be satisfied with my answer but didn't push the subject any further, instead, started up another topic, "Hey! I just remembered! Halloween's coming soon." Huh, I didn't even notice.

My eyes lightened up at the thought, "Oh yeah! I can't wait! What are your plans?"

From the rear mirror, I saw him place his fingers under his chin, thinking, "Hmm, I wanna go trick or treating." he beamed, placing a hand on my shoulder and the other on Jimin's. The black-haired looked up at Taehyung, "Aren't you a bit too old for that?"

I snickered, but said, "Oh come on, Jimin, age doesn't really matter. At least we get to have some fun!"

He rolled his eyes at us and shut his mouth. "What should I dress up to be?" Taehyung asked.

"You look scary enough without a costume." Jimin blurted out, crossing his arms as he smirked wider. I felt Taehyung getting ticked off, "That's an old joke, Jimin. It's not even funny anymore." The brown-haired shot back at him, sticking his tongue out. Jimin didn't budge, he closed his eyes and said smugly, "Who said it's a joke?"

The last strip of patience and respect of Taehyung for Jimin was gone, "YOU!-"

Before he could continue his rant, I hushed him down and used a hand to get Taehyung's face off of Jimin's. "Now, now Taehyung, don't get too close. You don't want it to happen again, do you?" his face changed from fury to horror as I assumed he remembered the event I was referring to. So, he huffed and pouted. And by it I mean the time when they kissed.

Hmm, maybe the next time Taehyung gets his face closer to Jimin, I'll make sure to pull the brakes in purpose, who knows, their lips might connect again. I laughed at the thought and slammed my hand on the steering wheel, making the two look at me like I've gone mad, which I may have to agree. I mean, nothing funny happened externally and here I am laughing my off.

"Okay, get off, Min-ah." Jimin said with his eyes narrowed at me. I wiped my tears and bit my lip to keep myself from laughing, "Huh? Why?" I asked him in between giggles.

"Because I think you're into something. Are you sure you're not high?" He interrogated, making me pull the brakes, in result, Taehyung was thrown forward. "OW!" He cried.

"Look, Jimin, I'm perfectly fine! Why would you think that I'm high?"

"Because you laughed for no reason and I think that's enough to know that you're in to something." Taehyung mumbled and squeezed himself back into his seat, rubbing his head.

I gave them a blank, bored look and said, "Seriously? Do I look like I do drugs? Or even look like I smoke cannabis?"

Taehyung chuckled lightly and scratched the back of his head. None of them responded so I continued with a grumble after rolling my eyes, "Whatever." Then I drove again. Silence enveloped the car the whole time, no one dared to talk. When we arrived at school, I got out and so did Jimin and Taehyung before I locked it and walked away without them. But they didn't seem to mind.

The moment I stepped into class, a certain girl greeted me with a smile which I returned, "Good morning, Min-ah." Sung Rin greeted, waving her hand at me. I waved back and sat beside her. We started conversing about random stuff. I adore Sung Rin, inside and out. She's so pretty, kind, intelligent at the same time, makes me feel so inferior.

After a while, I decided to keep my mouth shut and ended the conversation in a polite way. I sighed and rested my cheek over on my balled fist, my elbow resting on the desk. Huh, Taehyung and Jimin should've been here minutes ago, but to my surprise, they're nowhere to be seen. The bell's about to ring soon. I grabbed my phone and dialed Taehyung's number but there was no answer. Same with Jimin's.

The bell rang, the teacher came, lessons were discussed and even after those events there were still no signs of the Mochi and Alien anywhere. They just had to skip class without me and leave me boring myself to death. I huffed and grabbed my wallet before walking out of the classroom.

Lunch time, finally. I took in a deep breath and headed upstairs, making my way to the rooftop. I didn't exactly feel like eating anything. When I got there, I encountered two of my other best friends, Jung Hoseok and Kim Namjoon. I grinned at them and they gave me a smile. "Hey, you two."

"Aren't you supposed to be in the cafeteria with those two idiots?" Hoseok asked, raising his eyebrow at me. I gave his a small nudge and sat beside him. Rapmon was on his back again, watching puffy, white clouds pass by under the blue sky. I shook my head in response to Hoseok, "I couldn't find them. They didn't show up in class."

Namjoon looked at me with a puzzled look, "Huh? I heard they came to school with you."

I nodded my head, my lips forming into a firm, thin line, "They did. But I may or may not have left them behind." I say a bit guiltily, my fingers playing the hem of my blouse. Namjoon mumbled something under his breath but I could tell he was commenting about how troublesome the situation is. "But even so, they would've attended classes." I added.

"I find it rare to hear Jimin bailing out of classes." Hoseok said, taking a bite of his apple. He's right. Jimin was never the type of person who skips classes. The only assumption I can make is that Taehyung dragged him along against his will. But then again, who knows. I bit the insides of my cheek and stared at the ground in silence for who knows how long.

"Here." Hoseok spoke of the sudden, handing me an apple. "Sung Rin slipped an apple in my bag twice." He continued with a sigh as I accepted his offer, muttering a 'thank you'. Namjoon chuckled, "She forgot again, huh?" and Hoseok nodded.

"Well, last night she put an apple in my bag and earlier today she was rushing so out of habit, she gave me one again."

"That's amusing." I say, taking another bite of the sweet apple. The two nodded their heads in agreement, letting out bits of chuckles.

I looked up to the sky to see that the cirrus clouds had gone cumulus. Not that I have much of a problem about it. There's a high chance that it'll rain and I am absolutely not bothered by that, in other words I'm feeling relaxed. I like the rain, it's coldness and how dim it makes our surroundings. Letting my eyelids fall, I smiled, "It's about to rain, it seems." The horse said.

Namjoon snickered, "Yeah, and Min-ah is pleased about it."

I shrugged and opened my eyes, looking at him slyly, "I can't help it, the rain's nice." I say, laying on my back as well. Hoseok rolled his eyes at us and continued to sit down. I began to relax as the cool wind blew against us. But I could sense his body tensing, so I poked him, earning a questioning look. "What's up? You seem so tense."

He leaned closer to me, reaching for my ear to whisper, "Someone's watching."

"Huh?"

Namjoon sat up and scratched the back of his head, "Geez," he muttered out while Hoseok just sat still, closing his eyes, frowning.

"Hey, Taehyung, Jimin! What do you think you two are doing?"

I turned my head back only to see Jimin with his hood on, his eyes narrowing in my direction with Taehyung by his side who laughed nervously, "Eh.. You got us."

I rolled my eyes and went closer to Hoseok, he looked at me closely as if trying to read me. He nodded and let me be, putting his arm around me. I smirked and I know Hoseok was too. "Ever heard of privacy?" Namjoon shot at Taehyung.

"U-umm.. Jimin and I-"

"Min-ah.." Jimin called out all of the sudden, cutting off Taehyung. I didn't respond to him though as Hoseok began to rub his hand against my arm soothingly. Shutting my eyes, I rested on Hoseok. What I was doing was annoying Jimin, but I didn't care. In fact, it was amusing me. Oh, how I love to exasperate the living lights out of the Mochi.

"Min-ah!" He called louder this time, walking towards me and seized my wrist.

I gave him a glare, demanding him, "Ow! Let go!" he didn't listen but dragged me closer to him. Putting an arm over my shoulder. He leaned in closer to my ear, "So, you and Hoseok, huh? When and why didn't you tell us?" I could tell he was smirking. His raspy voice made me shudder, his question made me blush furiously. I looked at him in surprise, my eyes were narrowed as I pushed him away as hard as I could, but he didn't budge much.

"W-what are you talking about?! You-"

He was still smiling in a smug way, irritatingly while looking at my flushed face. He let me go but said softly, "I guess you're growing up."

I wanted to yell at him, punch him and say it was all a big misunderstanding. Yes, I like Hoseok, but not the way he's thinking. J-hope is just a friend! Then an idea came up to me, a big one to help me irk him. This time, my lips mocked his and nudged him, "So what? Are you jealous?"

The Mochi looked at me in disbelief, glowering at me, "What made you think that I am?"

"Maybe because I know that you love me." I answered him. He grimaced, "As if."

I gave him a sincere smile, "J-hope and I aren't a thing, duckbutt." I say, poking his side. He sighed and rolled his eyes, "Can we talk?" he asked and I gave him a puzzled look but nodded anyway. He lead me somewhere farther from Taehyung, Namjoon, and J-hope who looked like they were having a good time. Aw, I want to join them. I thought before finding myself pouting in front of Jimin who raised his eyebrow at me.

"What's wrong, Min-ah?"

I shook my head and dropped the topic. I cleared my throat, "So, uh, what is it?"

He gave me a stern look which I've gotten used to, "Look, Min-ah. You should really stop saying that I love you. It's not true."

I burst out laughing.

"I know that!"

My laughter didn't simmer down for a while but when it did, "Then why?" Jimin asked, giving me an exasperated look. He earned a shrug from me and a grin before I said, "Because I like annoying you, duckbutt."

My answer made him frown, "You really are annoying."

"But~ you love me." My grin got wider if possible. Clasping my hands below, walking back to where Taehyung, Namjoon, and J-hope were while intentionally bumping my shoulder on Jimin who was walking beside me with an annoyed look. When we were like two to three steps away from the group, I knowingly hit Jimin harder as he was caught off guard, making him lose his balance. But luckily, he was able to grab onto the railings before his body could collapse.

"Ugh! When will you ever stop being so childish, Min-ah?"

I gave him a pursed lip smile when I faced him, putting my hands behind me. He looked indignant. Oh, Jimin, I wonder if one day you'll decide to stop being my friend if I continue being like this. I countered, "When you grow up, Jimin."

"When I grow up, does that mean you'll finally be able to shut your mouth?"

"Maybe, maybe not." He snarled at me but looked away, closing his eyes. "Come on, it's pouring out here." his voice was calm, but there was still a hint of anger in it. Then, more droplets of water came down. I sighed in relief and smiled to myself.

Something was bothering me, and I knew what it was. The way he acted was usual for me. But something inside me, for once, told me to go and apologize to him for acting the way he doesn't want me to act. Another said that I should really think about what my acts will make others feel. Jimin doesn't hate me, does he?

For once I was beginning to feel conscious, anxious.

During classes, I would find myself staring blankly on my desk, listening to the rain pattering against the window until the whole period's done. That was so not like me. Generally, I'd always to talk Taehyung who sat in front of me. Due to how I was acting, the ball of sunshine would constantly ask me if I was okay... I am, aren't I?

After the second period. Taehyung faced me again, turning his chair as well. My eyes bored into his brown ones as he heaved a sigh, resting his chin on his hand, "If this is about what happened earlier today, then Jimin and I are sorry." he muttered but it was loud enough for me to hear.

"What are you talking about?"

"Look we both know you don't do drugs or any of the like but really, why were you laughing. It was bugging me and Jimin the whole morning, we didn't even notice the bell had already rang." So he was bringing up the topic of me doing drugs again. Seriously?

For the time being, I ignored the fact that they accused me of doing drugs, "Were you both seriously that deaf to not hear? I was laughing because of a scheme I thought. And it's better to be late than never, Taehyung. You know that."

He rolled his eyes when I mentioned 'scheme', forming a firm, straight line on lips. "Writing a paper of apologies and explanations about being late it such a hassle."

"So?~"

"Jimin wrote the teachers something about us attending both our company's urgent meeting." He said, quoting 'meeting' with his fingers in the air. I chuckled slightly and nodded in understanding. "But really, we thought you were into something, so Jimin told me he'd need someone to check on you."

"That's all you did the whole morning?"

"Yeah.. kind of. We were- um, uh... you- we," Taehyung began to stammer, making me tilt my head in confusion. Before I could question him about what he's trying to say, he rebounded, "Hey! What were you doing with Rapmon and J-hope?"

"Huh? Is there something wrong about that? We're best friends, is hanging out bad for us?" I raised my eyebrow at him. I could practically see him sweatdrop at himself. He's hiding something. I just know it. But then, I decided not to bring it up. Who knows, they must've done something that I shouldn't or wouldn't want to know of.

The brown-haired gave me a crooked smile while I narrowed my eyes at him suspiciously.

"Oh! I just remembered that I needed to finish an assignment for the next period! See ya!" He blurted out all of the sudden, turning his chair and facing his back on me again. I grumbled out a bunch of unpleasant words about how tiring this is and how I wish school was over. There was absolutely no doubt that Taehyung's hiding something from me.

And whether it's not my place to know about it or either way, I was eager to hear what they were hiding about.

How am I completely sure that Taehyung's keeping something from me?

Easy... so far, we weren't given any homework yet. We are having a somewhat leisurely schedule.

"I like it when it rains." A deep, raspy voice said from behind me all of the sudden, making me jump. I knew who that voice belonged to. Of course, none other than Jimin himself. Oh, so he finally talked again.

Puzzled, I looked at him, "I thought you hated it when it rains."

"I did, but I just realized that it makes you shut up." Jimin smirked. I gave him a weak smile and turned my back on him, not saying anything else. He's a big jerk to me, and sometimes I mind, and sometimes I don't.

Call me bipolar but I guess I am one.