Chapter 1

His White Lie || JiminXYou

Choi Min Ra's POV

It was a beautiful Saturday morning, the bird's chirping was like music to my ears and I breathed in to inhale the sweet scent of the day. The sun's light greeting me. Just kidding, the light was legit piercing right through my eyes and it hurt, there were no birds but the obnoxious barking of dogs and hisses of cats. I groaned, covering myself with the duvet, hoping to get myself to sleep again, but nooo, my eyes just happened to hate me and decided to stay open.

Grunting, I pushed the covers off me and head downstairs without bothering to brush my hair. "This ." I grumbled and grabbed a box of cereal and a carton of milk, serving myself. I live alone, in a house that was too big for one person. My parents live like about half a day away from where I am now. 

They decided to let me study in Seoul High which by far is the best school in the country, they said a good education is best for me. At first, of course I didn't want to, I mean, living alone is hard enough, but it's not like I have any other choice. They just want what's best for me, I guess I'll just have to appreciate that.

A series of knocks interrupted my thoughts and snapped me back to reality.

I took one last spoon of my cereal before I stood up and made my way to the door, like a zombie, grumbling out colorful words. Yet, before I could even open the door, it opened by itself, hitting my face in the process, sending me back. Hard. "OW! Oh my god! What the heck?!" I yelled my lungs out, holding my nose.

"Oh my god! Min-ah! I didn't know you were there!" a certain male with brown eyes neared me and crouched down to my level frantically, dropping his shopping bag. "Obviously! Well now you do!" I exclaimed, rolling my eyes. 

Taehyung carried me and placed me down on the sofa, holding a box of tissues for my bleeding nose. I felt tears brim my eyes but I quickly wiped it away, it can't be helped, it hurt!

"What brings you here, Tae Oppa?" I asked, clipping my nose with my fingers, while rolling a tissue to plug in my nose in an attempt to stop the bleeding.

Taehyung chuckled and scratched the back of his head. "Well, I thought we could spend the day together for old time's sake." My face softened at his gesture. "Well, why not? Let me get ready and we'll head out." I say, standing up to do my daily routine.

"Also, I bought you ice cream." He grinned, taking the shopping bag he dropped earlier before walking to the kitchen. I gave him thanks and jogged upstairs.

After taking a bath, brushing my teeth, slipping into some comfortable clothes, I went downstairs to find Taehyung watching television. When I was in his sight, he turned off the telly and grinned, "Let's go?" and he nodded.

The moment we got out, we faced a̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶l̶̶a̶̶c̶̶k̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶s̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶g̶̶r̶̶o̶̶w̶̶l̶̶i̶̶n̶̶g̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶u̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶l̶̶i̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶j̶̶u̶̶s̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶o̶̶o̶̶k̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶t̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶l̶̶a̶̶s̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶p̶̶r̶̶e̶y an angry looking Mochi whose hair looked messier than it usually should, bags underneath his eyes were slightly visible and he was literally growling. 

"You two are the worst neighbors ever! My sleep had to be cut short because of you!" He spat and the ball of sunshine beside me chuckled nervously, placing a hand on Jimin's shoulder. But he was hesitant to do so because Jimin looked like he was about to rip Taehyung's hand with his own teeth.

"Why are you out anyway?" I asked, tilting my head.

He faced me, "I heard you scream so I came here to check on you." he huffed, crossing his arms after brushing the Alien's hand off of his shoulder.

"Eh? That was like ten minutes ago, why come now?"

"Be grateful I even bothered to come here." Jimin shot back at me and I rolled my eyes, "I know, it's also because you love me though." I grinned like a Cheshire Cat, which resulted the certain Mochi to scowl at me. "Your ego is getting the best of you, Min-ah."

Raising both hands up in the air, I said, "I'm just saying what's true." giving him a smug look. This time, it was his turn to roll his eyes, "If anything, I hate you."

"Pft, stop being in denial, Jimin." I waved him off with my hand and hung my arm around Taehyung's shoulder, fortunately, I wasn't as tall as him. Taehyung chuckled lightly at how childish we both are acting. "Ah, Jimin, we were just going out. Care to tag along?"

I noticed Jimin was already wearing some decent casual clothes, so before he could turn us down, I dragged him into the car and practically shoved him inside, with Taehyung taking a shotgun.

"Should we watch a movie?"

"Hmm.. How about the carnival?"

"That sounds fun too!"

"Carnival it is then!"

"Don't I have a say in this?" The grumpy Mochi interjected with Taehyung and me laughing at him. Ignoring him all the way. Dooly (one of Jimin's nicknames) huffed, looking out the window. I smiled to myself and thought of how lucky I am to have friends like them, though I do know that I annoy Jimin a lot yet he doesn't despise me or anything. Yes, he tells me that he hates me whenever I say that he loves me but I do know that he doesn't really mean it.. does he? Nah.

The moment we arrived, it was packed with people. I groaned, "We'll have to buy VIP tickets." I grumbled taking out my wallet and walking to the counter to buy them. When it was finally my turn, I was about to give my money, when someone else slammed a bill. "Hey!" I exclaimed, looking up to see Jimin. "What are you doing? Move your hand, Dooly."

He just rolled his eyes and told the person in charge to take his bill, who obliged and gave us three VIP tickets. I gaped at Jimin, "Seriously?"

Jimin handed me one and also one to Taehyung without uttering a single word. I huffed, there he goes with his silence again. I wonder when the time will come for Jimin to actually become normal. He's too strict, like his father, Park Hyuk. Not that he's strict on me too, I'm actually glad he treats me like his own. Well, he shows it in his own ways. He likes me... I know he does.

"Tae Oppa! Let's go on that one!" I happily said, pointing at a tower like structure. Taehyung gulped as he saw people being dropped abruptly, screaming in horror. But he hid it and smiled, "Yeah, sure!" then I dragged him in. Jimin followed shortly behind us.

"You know, I can feel Jimin's thick, dark aura." I whispered to Taehyung who just laughed at my comment. Apparently, my so-called whisper was too loud, loud enough to reach the Mochi's ears. He huffed and crossed his arms. Giggling, I poked Jimin on his side, "Are you scared?" I asked him, wiggling my eyebrows.

"As if," was his short reply.

_____

"NO! IT'S TOO HIGH! MIN-AH HELP!" Taehyung screamed at the top of his lungs, gripping my hand tightly. We were approximately 210 feet high and still going up. I laughed at Taehyung and looked at Jimin who was staring at the view in awe. He had a slight smile on his face which I rarely see, and it made me smile as well.

"Stop staring Min-ah, it's rude." Jimin faced me with a smirk. I huffed, protecting my pride. "You wish I was!"

"Admit it yo‐ HOLY MOTHER OF GOD AAH!" Jimin screamed out loud and so did Taehyung as soon as we were suddenly dropped, I laughed and laughed as both of them grabbed each of my hands, squeezing them tightly. I felt like I just left my soul for a second there.

__________________________________

 

After several rides of letting out a few screams and a bunch of laughter, it was already getting dark. I held on the strip of pictures we took from the photo booth and smiled. This is one of the best days I've ever had. Just me, and my two best fri‐

"Jimin Oppa!" A very familiar screech was heard from the other side of the lot. I grimaced as I recognized clearly who that voice belonged to. I didn't turn back to face her, nor did I want to. Instead, I just smiled and bought daifuku before giving one to Taehyung.

"Eh?! Jimin Oppa, it's such a coincidence to see you here!" Another voice joined in, and I sat up almost immediately. "Are you alone?" Areum's with Haeju?!

"No," Was Jimin's short reply. I couldn't keep my smirk from growing wider, knowing that Jimin doesn't really have an interest in them. I felt bad for Areum. If only she hadn't left us for Haeju, she would've been here sitting with us right now. 

Don't get me wrong, I used to like her but knowing that she chose her one‐sided love rather than her friends is just.. I don't even know how to say it.

I felt two pairs of eyes behind me, and it made me feel uneasy, "Eh?! Min Ra?" I heard Haeju squeal, feeling her thick, negative aura in the atmosphere. I let out a few, nervous chuckles, looking at her as I placed a hand over my neck, delicately rubbing it, "H‐hey,"

"Huh?! Why are you with this loser, Jimin Oppa?!"

Jimin clicked his tongue, looking away from the redhead. "Because this 'loser' as you call, happens to be my best friend." He answered, taking a seat beside me, but not sparing me a glance. 

I huffed and decided to annoy him, "Pft, yeah right, it's because you love me." I rolled my eyes as I shot at him, making me receive his oh so famous glare.

"EH?! ARE YOU TWO DATING?!" Haeju was enraged, pointing at the two of us. I smirked, crossing my arms over my chest. I feel like Pinocchio's nose just got passed to me. 

Internally, I was laughing my out, externally, I was nodding my head, proudly. Proud because it was not only Jimin who's annoyed, pretty much the redhead fangirl too.

Jimin's growls vibrated it's way to my ears, and I knew right then that he's about to say, "No, we are not!" He spat at Haeju, before turning around to face me, well, I wasn't really facing him though. My smirk only got wider. "How much more annoying can you get?!"

I lifted both my shoulders, giving him a shrug, "Yeah, yeah." was my simple reply, waving him off for the umpteenth time. If we weren't best friends, who knows what could've happened to me right now. 

Like I'd do that anyway, I'd be like a complete obsessive freak who falsely claims one's affection. Baka. But then, maybe I should think about this too, maybe I am getting too annoying.

"You know what, I'm getting really sick of you." Jimin spoke softly, before letting out a sigh, placing his chin on his palm, his elbow resting on the table, our shoulders practically brushing against each other. 

"You tick me off.. a lot." He continued and I just listened, making me realize how the tables have turned. Earlier, it was me doing the talking and now it's him. How ironic.

As he continued, Haeju kept on rambling on how dangerously close I was to Jimin and how annoying I am. Of course, her sentences wouldn't end without her lovely adjectives for me like ugly, , and so. Not that it bothered me anyway.

I breathed out heavily before the adored Jimin continued, "Makes me wonder if you'll ever grow up."

Keeping myself calm and collected, I smirked weakly, "Huh? What's that supposed to mean? Isn't that supposed to be my line?" I say, tilting my head as I took a glance of Taehyung who was talking to Areum. Still not making an eye contact. 

Hmm, I wonder what they're talking about. I do remember Taehyung having a crush on her but I, honestly, want him to end up with a certain girl who's also my best friend, named Han Sung Rin. At least I do know that she loves him truly. Who knows, Areum might be confessing her false love to Taehyung just to get to Jimin? Eh, well, that would be another story.

He raised his eyebrow at me questioningly, both of us ignoring Haeju's further, obnoxious rants, "When will you confess your undying love to me?" my lips tugged higher than before as the guy beside me scowled, "This is‐ you are.. so, god damn annoying!" He grits his teeth in frustration, tugging on his dark hair lightly. (Let's just say he changed his hair color from pink to black.)

"What makes you think that I love you?" Jimin looked at me, finally capturing my eyes. I looked at them longingly, in boredom. Getting really annoyed of Karin's open mouth.

I chuckled nonetheless and kept his eyes locked into mine longer, "Well, I think that's for you to find out. Takes time, my pet."

He again lifted his brow but his face turned cold and enraged when he heard me call him 'my pet.' "Now, one, why would I love a girl like you? Two, you're really pushy. Three, I won't figure it out because that time will never come!" He poked his tongue out a bit and I chuckled. 

He may look like an arrogant, cold, egotistic but when you get really close to him, you'll see a Mochi sticking his tongue out like a child he is. Makes me think how lucky I am to be this close to him. Girls would kill to be in my place.

"Oh, it will come."

He huffed, smirking as if telling me to enlighten him, and I mocked him, "Tell me, oh great predictor, Min Ra."

I giggled when those words left his lips and leaned in to whisper in his ear, "It's when you grow up. That is, if you will though." This simple, normal gesture that friends do made Haeju jump and yell at me, "YOU! You're getting too close to him you los‐"

"Haeju!" Jimin barked, facing the redhead who was now standing in silence, but her face says she wants to tear me apart with her own teeth without a second to lose. "Don't you dare finish what I think you are going to call Min Ra! You have no right!"

Haeju blew air out loudly from but obliged to her beloved's r̶̶e̶̶q̶̶u̶̶e̶̶s̶t command. I smiled at him, knowing that he does really care about me and how I feel. But that smile soon faltered when the next several words slipped out of his lips and was then curved into a smirk. "Only I can call her that."

When the redhead Haeju walked away, I faced Jimin, ticked off, I smacked the back of Jimin's head, "YOU! And just when I thought you were growing up! Babo!"

Despite the pain I gave him, he laughed.

And it was very rare for anyone to see him laugh or even smile.

That thought made my lip tug upwards before I knew it I found myself smiling, knowing that I was the reason that made him laugh, even though it was because of my annoying acts. Maybe I should continue being annoying after all.

"Stop laughing, Jimin. You look like a choking duck."