Torture

Seoul City
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“This is a terrible ing idea,” Yoongi scoffed, swatting a fly with his hand, and accidentally getting his hand stuck in a tree branch as a result.

The Griffins were currently on stakeout – in the middle of the night - at one of their business partner’s mansions. Ever since the bank robbery (which they still haven’t found the culprits for), more suspicious events have been happening. Most of these have been break-ins into elite families’ homes – families that were in some way connected to the Parks. It was becoming clearer that the culprits of these crimes were specifically targeting the Park family and would only continue to raise havoc if the Griffin’s didn’t put a stop to it.

Based on a technological analysis of the sequence of their crimes, the Griffin’s were able to identify a pattern. All of the break-ins were in the homes of guests who attended the Parks’ Charity Ball, and the majority happened when the families were either away on holiday or out for the night. And, it seemed they were moving down the list based on the strength of the families’ connections with the Parks. Using these pieces of information along with the list of the places they’d already broken into, it was easy to identify the next target: The Kwons.

So, they set a trap by hacking into the families’ security system and strengthening it with advanced coding mechanisms that only Chanyeol understood. Then, they separated into small groups along the perimeter of the mansion, awaiting the intruders. Fully equipped with guns, night-vision goggles, and their distinct Griffin rings (that they always wore during missions), they were ready. Chanyeol had his finger hovering over his tablet, ready to cut off all the electricity around the mansion to give them the advantage.

A full hour went by without any trace of anything, not even a whistle of wind. Of course, Yoongi was starting to lose his patience, but at least he hadn’t fallen asleep like Baekhyun.

“Baek, wake the hell up,” Chanyeol elbowed him in the ribs, causing him to jerk awake.

“Oh my god. Did he fall asleep again?” Jennie hissed into the walkie talkie, seeing his movements from the other side of the yard.

After another 20 minutes, they finally heard rustling behind the gates and saw a shadow approaching. Taehyung watching closely from his hiding spot behind a massive fountain and noticed the same dark mask and outfit on this person as he saw in the surveillance footage from the bank robbery. It seemed, they finally found one of the culprits.

As soon as the person got close enough to the house, the Griffins started to stealthily move towards him, taking care not to make any noise. With a press of one button, Chanyeol finally cut off the power in the house. As soon as this happened, the Griffins pounced on the culprit, Taehyung being the quickest to tack him to the ground. A few moments of wrestling later and Taehyung had ripped off his mask. The fact that it was a face he didn’t recognize was relieving as it meant he wouldn’t have to torture someone he knew.

Because that’s what was supposed to happen next. A whole

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter