A Secret

Seoul City
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

By the time Chaeyoung and Jungkook arrived at the beach, it was already 6:00 pm, meaning the sun would only provide them a couple hours of warmth before setting. Their lack of time forced them to choose between scuba diving and wakeboarding, since doing both would require much more time. They unanimously voted for wakeboarding and headed towards the dock where an instructor was awaiting them.

”,” Jungkook cursed under his breath as they approached the tall, brunette woman who was rocking a strappy, royal-blue bikini.

“What?” Chaeyoung asked in confusion. She immediately got her answer when the instructor turned towards them and narrowed her eyes at Jungkook.

“Jungkook?” she asked, her voice thick with contempt.

“Hyomin,” he nodded, keeping his face expressionless.

Chaeyoung gave him a long, unimpressed look when she realized what was happening. It seemed like the international playboy’s victims were everywhere.

“It’s been a while,” she smiled bitterly, “I waited for you to call back for months.”

Chaeyoung’s jaw clenched. She couldn’t believe she had to put up with these awkward confrontations all day. The fact that these women were all insanely attractive made matters even worse. She shook her head as Jungkook threw her an apologetic look before returning his gaze to Hyomin.

“Sorry, but can we not do this right now? We’re here to wakeboard,” Chaeyoung interjected before Jungkook had a chance to say anything.

Hyomin ripped her eyes away from Jungkook long enough to analyze Chaeyoung. After a couple seconds, she smiled, “he already knows how to do everything, so I’ll let him teach you.”

She started to walk past them but paused beside Jungkook, “she’s beautiful, Jungkook. Handle her with care.”

With that she walked away, leaving Jungkook and Chaeyoung alone to ponder on her words. Chaeyoung forcefully blew out a sharp breath, trying to control her anger.

“Even our wakeboarding instructor?” she asked incredulously, “really, Jungkook?”

“In my defense,” Jungkook put his palms in front of him, “I didn’t know she was a wakeboarding instructor.”

Chaeyoung glared at him, crossing her arms across her chest. He tried to grab hold of one of her hands, but she shrugged him off.

“Is there anyone on this island you haven’t slept with?” Chaeyoung asked in astonishment.

Jungkook smirked, “there’s you.”

Chaeyoung groaned in frustration and turned sharply away from him, trying to walk away, but his arms s around her waist and pulled her back.

“Sorry, that was a bad joke,” he chuckled against her shoulder, “but there’s no need for you to be jealous, Chaeyoung. You’re much more beautiful – both on the inside and outside – than any woman I’ve ever met.”

Chaeyoung scoffed, but she had begun to calm down, “I’m not jealous.”

“Of course not,” he winked, “come on, let’s get our boards before the sun sets.” She let him take her hand and guide her to the wakeboards and boats.  

After they each picked a board out, they stripped out of their normal clothes to reveal the swimwear they were wearing underneath. Chaeyoung flushed as she watched Jungkook take his shirt off, revealing his well-defined abs and toned chest. That flush turned even deeper when she noticed him watching her take off her dress, his eyes dark with longing as they scanned her from head to toe.

Although her bikini was modest according to most standards, the way he looked at her like his eyes could see right through the thin fabric, made her feel very exposed. She suddenly wished she’d chosen other activities (that required more clothes) for this date.

Although it had been on her bucket list for a long time, Chaeyoung had never tried wakeboarding. But, obviously Jungkook had.

“Are you a certified instructor for this too?” Chaeyoung asked as Jungkook showed her some basic steps.

Jungkook laughed, “I might as well be. I do this at least 5 times per month.”

“Did you plan this date, or did I? Because everything fits you so perfectly,” Chaeyoung said slightly ruefully.

“I guess we just match well,” Jungkook grinned and stepped behind her again, placing his hands on her bare waist.

“Keep your back as straight as you can when you’re on the board,” he instructed, his warm breath tickling her ear.

“Keep your best foot forward and keep a slight bend in your knees,” he stepped in front of her to inspect her stance, “okay, that looks good. Really good. Damn, that swimsuit is distracting.”

She blushed, “can you please focus?”

“I really don’t think I can,” he smirked, “but I’ll try.”

He stepped closer and took her hands, bending them slightly at the elbows, “it’s really important to keep your hands and shoulders aligned with the rope. The most important part is to flow with the waves so, keep your body as relaxed as possible.”

He helped her into a red life-vest, pulling the straps snug across her chest and stomach. She looked up to meet his eyes for a long second before averting her gaze and stepping back, needing the extra room to breathe.

Jungkook jumped into the water first to show Chaeyoung an example before she tried it. She sat on the edge of the wooden dock, her feet dipping into the lukewarm ocean water as she watched Jungkook swim to the boat. He attached himself to the board and stood up effortlessly while holding on to the rope. Chaeyoung had to admit, he looked very attractive and competent as he glided smoothly through the ocean, the wind blowing his wet hair wildly in the air. He had that same, boyish smile on his face that he had when they were paragliding. If he kept smiling like that, Chaeyoung was scared she’d really fall for him.

“Show-off!” she yelled at him when he started doing little stunts as the boat neared the dock she was sitting on.

Even from the distance between them, she could see his smirk.

After a couple minutes, the boat stopped in front of Chaeyoung and Jungkook stepped off the board, diving into the water and swimming to her feet.

“Are you ready?” he asked, his face still glowing with excitement.

She wasn’t ready. But, she got on the board and tried her best, falling a total of 12 times. Jungkook was keeping count. Every time she fell, she could just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter