part iv.

hazy day

“Hook me up with Yuta. I want to go on a date with him” She did not even hesitate.

And Sicheng didn’t hesitate to say no either. He did get a little shocked at his fast response but tried his best to maintain his glare and composure. Of course Jiae did not expect such a reaction from Sicheng, considering how well-behaved and soft-hearted he is. She thought he would be the kind to never reject anyone and she would earn the date easily. Undefeated, Jiae stomped her foot like the spoilt princess she is and spat out the most shameful words Sicheng has ever heard in his entire life.

“Fine! I’ll just go up to him and ask. He won’t say no. I’m pretty. He won’t, I mean, he can’t reject a pretty girl’s request right?” She showed a slight smirk that made Sicheng uncomfortable. Would Yuta really not say no to her…?

Then Sicheng felt his mood plummet. He put his fork down and just stared down at the plate of spicy rice cakes. He bit the inside of his cheeks and his mind started to swirl with thoughts he wish never existed. Jiae is so confident about asking him out, so confident that he’ll agree to it. Yet he couldn’t do it and avoided him for so many days because he couldn’t find the courage to do so. Sicheng wanted to go on a date with Yuta too. He wants to go on a date with Yuta really, really badly.

“Yuta!!!” Jiae’s voice went a pitch higher and she ran over to hug Yuta, who was sweeping artificial leaves that got stuck on his jacket when he climbed through the bush. Yuta pushed Jiae off and almost swore at her face but he was taught to never be rude to ladies so he just ignored her and walked towards Sicheng. But Jiae grabbed his arm before he could get anywhere the boy who was still in a daze.

“Go out with me.”

Sicheng snapped out of his thoughts and watched the scene he knew he would hate no matter who it was unfold in front of his eyes. Jiae looked at Yuta hopefully but Sicheng couldn’t read his face. His heart started to feel jittery for whatever the heck reason he didn’t want to face at that moment. It was going to take Yuta one word to break Sicheng’s heart, or make it feel okay again. Sicheng doesn’t know if he is ready.

 

 

 

a/n: sorry about this extremely short update TT its the writer's block... i just can't think of anything;;;