part i.

hazy day

Sicheng sat in the far corner of the spectators area, partly to avoid the group of girls who would scream their heads off whenever the school team scored a goal, and mainly to get a better view of Nakamoto Yuta - the team's goalkeeper, the same person who invited him to watch today's match. Sicheng never enjoyed playing or watching soccer matches, but he knew exactly the reason why he bothered to attend today's match.

If Sicheng had to use one word to describe love, it would be his name.

How he fell in love or when did he fall in love with that goalkeeper, he didn't know. But Sicheng knows that it was somewhere in between their late night talks, sharing of bad jokes and falling asleep in each others' arms, only to get into trouble the next morning because Sicheng was sleeping in Yuta's dormitory instead of his own.

There was no one else like Yuta, who ever skipped soccer practice just to watch Sicheng's dance recital. There was no one else like Yuta, who would watch Sicheng's favourite anime with him just to laugh at his cute attempt at Japanese. There was no one else like Yuta, who could make Sicheng so happy.

The match started, and Sicheng found himself biting his fingernails because he got so nervous whenever the ball was near Yuta. It was awkward to cheer by himself so he was quiet throughout, but he always gave the most dramatic punch in the air whenever Yuta successfully prevented the ball from entering the goal post. Occasionally, Yuta would turn to give Sicheng an assuring smile, a smile that promised victory. Sicheng would smile back shyly, and start getting giddy with happiness because heck, Yuta's smile puts the sun to shame.

Sicheng couldn't contain his excitement and yelled 'Yes!' a little too loudly, while standing on his seat when Yuta saved another goal right before the whistle was blown, which drew him quite a bit of attention. Yuta couldn't help but let a small smile grace his lips as he sighed amusingly at the now terrified Sicheng who just dashed out of the venue out of embarrassment. Yuta quickly proceeded to the changing room to text Sicheng to wait for him at the bus stop before he really ran home.

 

Sicheng's phone vibrated and was unlocked half a second later, after he saw Yuta's name on the screen. "Don't leave yet, stay at the bus stop. I'm going over soon." Sicheng read every single word out loud and mentally slapped himself a few moments later after realising that Yuta actually wanted to meet him. Like, him. Dong Sicheng. What about the team's after-match party? This put Sicheng into panic mode immediately and he started pacing up and down continously, all because...

"Should I finally take this chance... to ask Yuta hyung out?" Sicheng whispered to no one in particular. He hit his head against the pole a few times lightly before turning around to lean against it. Sighing, he ruffled his hair in frustration. He has been secretly wanting to ask Yuta out for a really, really long time, except he did not know how to, and when. Yuta had been exceptionally busy recently because of today's match. Elated would be an understatement of Sicheng's feelings when he received Yuta's invitation to watch the match. That boy literally threw himself off his bed and squealed in loud happiness and replied 'I'll be there!' without any hesitation.

That's the thing. Sicheng would say yes to Yuta's request anytime, but would Yuta do the same?

Friends. That's all they are. Close friends, maybe. Considering how Sicheng is always at Yuta's dormitory and vice-versa. But that's all. Nothing more, nothing less. Or at least, that's what Sicheng thinks.

 

a/n: this was fairly short @_@ chapter 2 will be up soon! thank u if u read till here ♡