Three

A Story Of A Lifetime... In A Heartbeat
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A tall figure dragging a bulky luggage, stepped in front of a house. She looked around her with a smile on her face before closing in to the house and knocked.

“Grandad! Grandad! your beloved granddaughter is here!”  She chirped.

A loud thud was heard following by a series of hasty footstep and the door was opened.

“Oh Moonbyul my child!”

He immediately gave her a big warm hug and looked at her intensely.

“You’ve grown so… tall…”

Moonbyul chuckled at her grandfather’s remark.

“Well it’s been a long time.”

“Yes… oh come in!”

The old man took over the luggage and dragged the taller young girl into the house. Moonbyul looked around the house, with a warm smile on her face.

“Come on… sit here! I’ll put your luggage in the guest room!”

Moonbyul obeyed and waited for her grandfather in the living room. Not long after her grandfather came out holding a tray with two cups of tea on it.

“Here my child.” The old man handed her the tea, “So tell me, why are you here, dear?”

“Because I miss you grandad!” She gave a huge grin which made the old man laughed.

“Oh you’re too sweet Byul ah… Will you stay here for a long time?”

“Don’t worry grandad, I will be here for a long time. I even registered for the university here!”

“Oh that’s great! Great!”

The grandfather laughed and hugged his favorite granddaughter.

After the short teatime, Moonbyul stood up and grabbed her jacket.

“Where are you going Moonbyul ah?”

“Just want to take a stroll around the neighborhood.”

“Okay. Be back before dinner?”

“Yes granddad!”

Moonbyul wore her jacket and skipped out of the house, humming a random song. She walked around the neighborhood, observing every house there, enjoying the cobalt blue sky, and greeted everyone she met along the way. Soon she reached a playground with kids playing on the basketball court.

 

“Hey you idiots! Pass to him! He’s open! He’s open!” A young boy sat on a bench at the side of the basketball court, screaming and yelling enthusiastically. A young girl sat beside him, holding a doll.

“Oh no! Told you to pass to him! Gahhh!” The boy shouted in frustration when the ball didn’t make it into the ring.

“Why don’t come and teach me you little !” The boys playing the basketball laughed at him.

“Ughh, I will, if I can play…” The little boy sulked and crossed his arms together.

A figure suddenly came into sight and squeezed to sit between the two young boy and girl.

“Hello boy! Hello girl! Hello doll!”

“Who are you? What are you doing here?!” The young boy frowned.

“Oh I’m sorry… I’m Moonbyul ! Hello…” She took her hand out and tried to shake hands with the two but they didn’t.

“Mama said we should talk with str- str- stranglers…” The girl stuttered.

“Not stranglers silly, it’s strangers.” The boy corrected.

Moonbyul laughed o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter