Two

A Story Of A Lifetime... In A Heartbeat
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

All the Kim family were gathering around in the dining room while waiting from Mrs. Kim to prepare their breakfast. Solar sitting beside Jieun while Grandma Kim sitting beside Ryeowwok and tend him with the care of the world.

"What are we having today?" Grandma Kim asked her grandson cutely.

"Kimchi Fried Rice and kimbap" Ryeowook answer hungrily as both are his favorite dishes.

As soon as Grandma Kim heard those menus, Her face crumpled. "Again? that what we eat every day!"

"You're exaggerated, " Mrs. Kim said.

"Poor daughter-in-law, She doesn't know how to make an American food" She said sarcastically. Mrs.Kim place a plate in between Grandma Kim and Ryeowook in a harsh manner, making sound and nearly break the plate.

"How rude" She whispered but audible for the whole crowd to hear. It caused Mrs.Kim to stiffen her body and Solar to stop reading her book and look at her grandma, well eyeing her grandma.

"Do you know Yongsun ah?" Grandma Kim said while glaring to Mrs.Kim.

"I had a lovely dream last night. In that dream, I was eating honey PANCAKE with a lot of cinnemon with maple syrup and chocolate syrup and a cup of Earl tea" The older Kim said dreamily and she emphasized the breakfast material to her granddaughter.

"oh,how I miss California" Grandma Kim clasped her hands together.

"If you miss California so much, then you should go there, What do you think Yongsun?" Mrs.Kim asked her daughter while handling a pack of bento to Jieun.

"I'm going nowhere! If I left, What will happen to the children?" Granma Kim protested. "I'm very concern about them" Grandma Kim cupped Ryeowook's face. Everyone knew she just worried about the grandson but not the granddaughter.

"Then I worry about them" Mrs.Kim secured her arm around Jieun and Solar.

"Of course you are! no one will worry about the old me" The elder whined. 

"Who am I to you? If only my son is still alive" She continued.

"If he was still alived?" Mrs. Kim questioned back.

"Stop it! That's enough!" Solar slammed her book hard and gave both of her mother and grandma her death glare before she stand out from her chair and rushed out from the house. Solar walk by the walker road and walked angrily to the train station. 

Her morning began the same everyday, Mrs.Kim and Grandma Kim's fight, followed by her angry walk out and listened to her stupid neighbour stupid chatter when she arrive there.

Train Station

"Oh hi! One minute" A girl greeted her before turned back talking with the cashier. Solar just rolled her eyes.

"Make that two glaced doughnuts, two blueberry muffins, two chocolate frappechinos" her neighbour, Hwasa ordered and handling some cash to the cashier.

Hwasa, Full name, Ahn Hyejin. Solar's neighbour and unfortunately her best friend. She has two problem that she wish to overcome :

1. The weight she never loses and the fact that she never feels sad about it.

2. All her life only contain Love and Love.

"And what will you have?"

"One expresso please"

They waited for their order for awhile. When they had their drinks and muffins,Solar and Hwasa wait for the train to come. Solar were occupied with a drink on her left hand and a book and some letters on her right. Letters!!

"Here,your mail Hwasa ah" Solar passed Hwasa's mail. "Seriously, the mailman is stupid! How come he can't differentiate six and nine?" Solar whined.

"Oh wow Solar unnie! A blind date application!" Hwasa squeeled in happiness when she checked her mail.

"what application?" 

"It's a very cool service! It's very popular in Seoul nowadays! You just fill in the form and describe the date of your choice"

"That's it?"

"Yup, you just describe yourself, they matched it up and Bingo! You get your date!"

"Wow! What have you written about yourself" Solar asked in a tone of sarcastic.

"See unnie , I have writen what the truth.. that is.."

"That is?"

"That from far, I look like Lee Hyori and -"

"And at close, like Lee Hyori's House" Solar cut her off with an insult which Hwasa already used to. Solar wanted to yell again to her when someone just ramped her, caused her expresso in her hand spilled on her blouse.

"Oh My God! Look at me!" Solar said with her clothes soaked with brown liquid.

"Oh My god! Look at Her!" Hwasa yell pointing her finger to a girl with a headphones on her head.

"Hwasa! Hyejin! Look at me!" Solar demanded.

"I don't want to, I see you everyday unnie... Oh god! She so cute!!" Hwasa was jumping up and down while gawking at the girl she saw.

"Shut up Hwasa!" Solar yelled causing Hwasa to stop jumping and look at her.

"Gir

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter