Five

Spring Break Misson
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: Get ready for fluff attack

 

 

9.7k words

 

Even though they are welcomed at Jogin’s mansion, but they can’t stay there for most of the time. After three days of vacationing there, Tao decides that it’s finally time to bring the party elsewhere. They had invited Kyungsoo and Jongin to tag along but both of them politely decline. Junmyeon guesses that someone needs to take care of the house. It’s sad to leave the couple behind. Especially when they have spent a good three days together with nothing but good times. But right now, Kyungsoo is sending them off at the porch. Everyone still have smiles on their faces, but the atmosphere is kind of blue.

While Yifan and Sehun are carrying the luggage into the car, Kyungsoo approaches him with a paper bag in his hand. “Here. This is for you.” Kyungsoo pushes the bag into Junmyeon’s hands.

“What’s this?” Junmyeon rummages open to find out there’s a pair of t-shirts and dark blue jeans in the bag. And there’s still a price tag on! He shoves the bag back to Kyungsoo. He can’t accept this. If it’s only a t-shirt that says “I LOVE FLORIDA” then that wouldn’t be too burdensome. But Kyungsoo takes the paper bag with Junmyeon’s hand and clasp it together. “Please. Do accept this gift from me and Jongin. You said you didn’t bring your clothes with you, right? This could help you throughout the trip.” Kyungsoo has a point. But still, new clothes just for him? He’s not used to getting gifts from others. Holding the bag tightly to his chest, he thanks Kyungsoo over and over.

“Do you know why I always treat you extra nice?” Kyungsoo suddenly ask. Junmyeon shakes his head. That’s actually something Junmyeon would like to know too. He notices that Kyungsoo has not only been treating him so well, but he’s been clinging onto him too.

“It’s because I recognize you, silly. You are Kim Nara’s son, aren’t you?”

Junmyeon almost threw the bag aside at Kyungsoo’s words.

How….How did Kyungsoo know? He pulls Kyungsoo away further from the others and shoots him a serious look. “Spill.” He half demands.

“Relax, Junmyeon.” Kyungsoo raises both of his hands in surrender. “When I first saw you at the beach, I thought you looked familiar. Then, I recognize that you were the one who comes by the orphanage every year to donate stuff, right? That’s why I decided to talk to you.”

Orphanage? What orphan—Oh! The orphanage! His mother has a friend who owns an orphanage near his parents’ house and every year since he was eighteen, he would follow his mother there to help bring some stuff for the children. Which only says…“Wait, so you’re from there? That orphanage?”

“Bingo!” Kyungsoo clicks his tongue. “Though you probably don’t recognize me since you don’t play with the kids, but I can distinguish you anytime.” Oh wow. What a small world, Junmyeon thinks. This is too good to be true. But, if Kyungsoo knows him, does this mean he knows Junmyeon’s age as well?

“So, you know that I’m not exactly…a student. Why didn’t you say anything?”

“I wanted to but when Tao said you were the same age as Jieun and Jongin, I thought maybe you have a good reason for it. I can’t just blow your cover if that’s what you were doing.” Kyungsoo explains earnestly. “Honestly, do you guys really think Jongin would just let strangers live in his house for three days straight?”

In many ways, that actually made so much more sense. Junmyeon wanted to laugh in disbelief. Surprises keep coming and Junmyeon is speechless. But he is somehow grateful how it all turns out. “Come on. Let’s go before they look for us.” The younger says and offers his hand to Junmyeon. Instead of taking the latter’s hand, Junmyeon pulls Kyungsoo into a hug. “Thank you for everything, Kyungsoo.” He gets a heart shaped smile in return accompanied with squeeze. “You’re welcome, Junmyeon.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

For once, Yifan is not the one driving. Instead, he made a deal to exchange with Kevin. He’s not quite sure why Kevin insists on it but with that being agreed, this means Yifan and him will be going by Tao and Sehun’s car.

It’s Junmyeon’s first time riding a roofless jeep. Since the roof is open, Junmyeon is actually excited. It would probably be a windy ride, he beams. After bidding Kyungsoo and Jongin goodbye, they proceed on to their next destination. And that happens to be Kevin’s Uncle’s apartment.

Unlike Yifan’s closed car, there’s the air conditioner to fight the heat. But this time, it’s the wind that’s blowing Junmyeon’s hair messily. Junmyeon internally squeals because it’s a pretty fun exchange. He scoots closer to Yifan to whisper how excited he is being in this car. The taller then tells him that if he had known Junmyeon would be all smiles like this, he would have trade cars since the first day. That’s sweet of Yifan, Junmyeon grins. His eyes crinkle whenever he smiles too widely and he doesn’t think he has ever been this happy since college.

The days after Yifan’s confession were like being on a cloud nine. He wouldn’t in a million years have expected to fall for someone like Yifan. How can he not when Yifan never leaves his side and always spoils Junmyeon with hugs?

That’s what they have been doing a lot. Lots and lots of hugs. However, despite the cuddles, they’ve never locked lips. Junmyeon guesses that Yifan is waiting for them to be official until they do so. But one thing Yifan doesn’t know is that he’s running out of time. By the end of the trip, he might lose Junmyeon.

 

Or would it be the other way around?

 

“Here.” Yifan hands him one piece of his earphone. “You can’t really hear the radio so this is a best method to listen. I figured you’d be bored.” Indebted, Junmyeon gladly puts the ear piece in his ear. The song is very much familiar to Junmyeon. This was his summer jam back in 2010.

“You know what’s even more fun?” Yifan whispers in his other ear. He can feel the latter’s hot breath tingles against his ear. That gesture alone manage to make him feel hot in the face. “Hmm?” he hums.

Yifan then pluck the piece in his ear off, takes off his shoes and stands on the seat. He has both of his hands raised up. The strong wind pushes all of his long blond hair back as he closes his eyes to let the wind kiss his face. Tao and Sehun shake their head seeing their friend’s behavior. Judging by their looks, this probably isn’t the first time.

“You should try too.” Tao turns around and pats his knees.

He needn’t to be told twice before removing his converse shoes. His first attempt to stand up fails because he cowers when he realize that there’s a chance of him falling. But Yifan envelops his hand, assuring him that he’ll hold onto Junmyeon tightly.

And he trusts Yifan.

Slowly and carefully, he pushes his body up and straightens his legs. He uses the bar handle to prevent himself from falling. And OH MY GOD, this feels refreshing! He couldn’t contain his laughter as he lets his mind free. Because of the strong wind that’s preventing his eyes from opening, Sehun hands him a pair of shades.

Now only his vision is clear. Sehun increases the car speed, making Junmyeon shrieks and hold onto Yifan tighter. He wanted to put both of his hand above his head but he’s still having the dilemma of falling down. To his aid, Yifan suddenly stands behind him, trapping Junmyeon as both of the younger’s hands hold onto the bar. Junmyeon’s back is pressed firmly against Yifan’s chest as he feels Yifaan’s chin against his temple. “Do it. Raise your hand.”

Hesitant at first, but Junmyeon braves himself to slowly raise both of his hands up. After doing so, he almost laughs at how he shouldn’t feel scared because right now, he feels like flying. This is beyond wild for Junmyeon because it’s never something he would dream of doing. Everything since the past few days is over his comfort zone and it feels great to temporarily forget the life he had been living.

The way Yifan holds him, he feels like a teenager falling in love again. He then places his hand above Yifan’s, caressing the latter’s slightly tan skin. Yifan is there to support him from behind and he couldn’t be any more joyful as he nuzzles his forehead against Yifan’s jaw.

 

My heart stops

 

When you look at me

 

Just one touch

 

Now baby I believe

 

This is real

 

So take a chance and

 

Don't ever look back,

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

As Kevin twisted the door open, there was no hint of light in the apartment. Even though it’s only afternoon, there’s nothing but darkness. “Damn, does this place not have windows?” Tao bemused, making his way in after Kevin.

They had to use their phones to search for the switch. When Kevin finally switches on the light, Junmyeon can see the view in the apartment. Unlike Jongin’s mansion, the apartment is quite small. It’s to be understood since this place isn’t exactly extravagant.

It doesn’t bother Junmyeon at all. Back in Korea, Junmyeon lives in somewhat an apartment like this. He places his luggage (not really his since Jieun’s clothes occupies most of it) next to a floor lamp. Even though the living room is small, but it’s spacious. Most probably because it lacks of furniture or Junmyeon might say, no furniture except for a cabinet and a TV on top of it. Just to the left, they will enter the kitchen. If Junmyeon counts correctly, there are approximately three rooms. He was about to check in the rooms until Yifan tugs his elbow. “I want to take you somewhere.”

Looking back and forth between Yifan and the room, he’s not quite sure. “Will that be okay? Should we tell them first?” he questions, unlocking his phone to look at the time. It’s almost 4pm. Should they? This wouldn’t be the first time they go out alone. Just yesterday, he went to an ice skating ring with only Yifan. But he should’ve prepared to be nagged again by Tao because the latter wanted to skate too.

“We’ll be home by 6. Let’s go.”

 

 

 

 

 

They take a stroll around the area. Junmyeon spots a few people walking their pets. Some even rode a bicycle. Maybe they should do that. But then again, Junmyeon isn’t exactly an outdoor person therefore, he forgets the intention.

As they walk, they had their pinkies cross together while playfully swinging their arms. They manage to get hold of an ice cream just at the sidewalk. However, the ice cream melts too fast to Junmyeon’s liking. Well, who to be blame if it’s not the Sun. Turning his heels to face Yifan, he asks where are they heading to.

“We are going to a tattoo shop.” Yifan declares.

“A tattoo shop. Really?” Junmyeon deadpans. As if the small dragon tattoo on his arm wasn’t enough, he’s getting another one? “Yes, really. I feel like having another one.” Yifan replies, pointing to his left arm.

Somehow, something triggers in Junmyeon. Believe it or not, Junmyeon had thought a few times in getting a tattoo. Not the big ones of course. Just the small one, where it is hardly visible. Since it’s spring break, he might as well just do so. He doubts he would be this courageous once he steps back in Korea.

They enter a tattoo shop not far from the apartment. It’s Junmyeon’s first time to be in one. Once or twice he had stop in front of a tattoo shop, battling with his inner self to get one or not, but he never actually went inside. As he expected, the walls are in navy colour, making the room darker than usual, neon lights are everywhere in the room. It’s kind of intimidating but Yifan squeezes his hand, making him remember that he’s not alone. Yifan pulls him to the counter where the taller starts to flip pages of tattoos design. While waiting, he looks around the place. There are not exactly many people. In fact, it’s really quiet. Until, he heard the buzzing sound of the tattoo gun and Junmyeon grimaces thinking how much it will hurt.

“Have you decided yet?” he peers his head next to Yifan’s shoulder.

Frowning, Yifan grabs another book of tattoos design. “Nope. I’m not even sure what I’m looking for. Want to help me look through some?” Junmyeon nods as he plops into one of the stools and scans the tattoo designs. Most of the designs are very….. scary. Not align with Junmyeon’s type. He’s not sure if Yifan is into those kinds of tattoos. As for Junmyeon, he’s a little softie. A small cute but significant one will do.

“Can I help you with anything?” A bald man with big built suddenly shows up behind the counter. Junmyeon unconsciously gulps as he holds onto Yifan’s shirt, earning a chuckle from the latter. “The large ones are in the other book, the smaller ones, usually fits with girls preference, are in here.” The man continues, handling another book.

“Looking for a dragon tattoo, man.”

“It’s in the one you holding.”

While Yifan is still searching for his tattoo, Junmyeon quietly skim the small design tattoos. Part of him is excited to get one, another is scared. What if he chooses wrongly? The most worrisome is…the pain. There’s a rose shape, unicorn, and few other diamond like designs. But his eyes fall on a particularly simple design. A zodiac tattoo design. It’s very simple. It’s not like Junmyeon is a very deep person who can think of a tattoo that has deep meaning. So, he’s really drawn to the Gemini design.

“This one.” He whispers quietly to himself but unbeknown to him, it was loud enough for Yifan to hear him. Yifan glances to Junmyeon’s pointed finger before raising his eyebrow. “This? For you or me?”

Surprised that Yifan heard him, Junmyeon shyly answers. “For me actually. I’ve been thinking about getting one.”

“Is it your first?”

“Yeah..And I’m really scared.” Junmyeon mutters nervously, sweaty hands clasp together.

“Don’t worry,” Yifan ruffles his hair, “You’re going to be fine. You can hold on to me if you are scared.”

Junmyeon doubt that he’ll be fine.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

His heart is really going to escape out of his chest. Heaving out a deep sigh, he leans forward against the chair, back exposed. He’s going for a tattoo on his back, just below his right shoulder. It’s going to be easy to hide it, he thinks. However, when he sees the tattoo artist preparing the gun, he feels like he is being hit with cold water. “Yifan…” his shaky voice calls for the other.

“Hey..heyy I’m here.” The taller hushes him in calm voice, sitting on another chair in front of him. The scariest part is he can’t even look at what’s happening. All he can feel is just pain as the bald man begins.

It’s probably not even a minute but Junmyeon feels like it’s the longest 60 seconds of his life with the pain of needle continuously stabbing his skin. He closes his eyes, grits his teeth to help go through with the pain. Then, he feels Yifan taking his hand that’s been clutching the tissue and places it on his lap. “How are you doing so far?”

“Could be better.” Junmyeon keeps on wincing and there are literally tears threatening to fall. He didn’t want to appear weak but damn it, he rather get hit by a shoe than this. When will it end?

“It helps if you talk to him.” The bald man says to Yifan. Wordlessly, he nods while caressing Junmyeon’s hand that is on his lap. “Tell me about your family. Do you have any sibling?”

That’s actually a topic Junmyeon would’ve liked to avoid but his brain couldn’t really function well so he opt to any kind of topic. “No. It’s just my parents and I. They’re not that old since they got married just after high school but I still call them old people.”

“That’s cute. Are you going to follow their footsteps?”

“Huh? You mean get married after high school?” Yifan nods. Junmyeon lets out a chuckle. “Are you going to propose to me?” he smirks, feeling playful out of sudden. Yifan’s eye lit in amusement as he leans his face closer to Junmyeon. “Do you want me too?” he replies, just as smugly.

Without he expect, he feels the needles exceptionally painful this time causing him to whimper and unconsciously squeeze Yifan’s thigh too hard making the latter jumps in pain. “Oww Junmyeon that hurts!”

Junmyeon apologizes before casting a worried glance on Yifan. They stayed in the position for a while until the tattoo artist said that Junmyeon is all done. Yifan helps him up and his legs feel a little bit numb after sitting in not a comfortable position for so long. Now that it’s done, he wants to see how it looks like. Straightaway, Junmyeon strides to the mirror hanging on the wall. Slowly, he turns his back until the tattoo is visible to his view.

Oh My God..It’s beautiful.

“It looks better than I expected…”he breathes out.

Yifan comes to his side to see the new made tattoo. “It really does.” He agrees. Even though it’s nothing but Junmyeon feel proud of himself. This was something he had contemplated for a long time. He didn’t think he would actually do it. Now, it’s permanently inked on his skin. Junmyeon couldn’t be happier.

And he’s utterly grateful that Yifan was by his side to give strength to him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Tell me why we are outside again?”

Kevin lets out a groan as he pinches the bridge of his nose. It’s a legit question because Junmyeon has no idea why they are sitting slash standing at the parking lot outside. They just went back from getting a tattoo and just when they were about to enter the house, they were stopped by Kevin and Jieun. “Are you going to tell me?” he nudges Jieun’s side.

“Because the walls are so freaking thin in this apartment. Unless you want to hear some nasty s going on in the bedroom, then help yourself upstairs.”

Oh….Now that’s something Junmyeon would want to avoid. He guesses he’s fine with staying down but they don’t really know what to do now. Sadly, Kevin forgot to grab their car keys. As soon as he heard Tao’s high pitched voice, they straightaway flee out of the room. Yifan peeks at his wristwatch. “How long do you think it will take?”

“I don’t know….But Sehun can last quite lon—”

“Do I look like I want to know?!” Jieun caress her abused ears. “My ears are corrupted enough for today.” Junmyeon silently agrees. No one wants to know what’s going on behind the closed door. Junmyeon shudders just thinking about it. “Anyways, I like to save my innocence and also my cousin’s so can either of you grab the car keys. Do you hear that? It’s going to rain.” She says referring to the thunderous sound. Since it’s already dark, Junmyeon barely notice that the sky is going to rain.

“That’s your cue, Yifan” Kevin snaps.

“My cue? No no no. I’m not going through that again. You go since you’ve never experience it.”

“I just did a few minutes ago!”

Standing up, Jieun pulls both of their ears until they start cringing in pain. “Great! Both of you are even. So, go! The two of you!”

They were about to protest until Jieun threatens to scratch Yifan's car and Kevin's new Iphone. Knowing how Jieun is, they don’t doubt that she would be true to her words. Half whining, they bicker their way to the lobby. Junmyeon stares intently at Jieun. It’s been a while since it’s just the two of them. Usually, it’s the pack or just him and Yifan. Funny that he’s only noticing it now. “So….” Jieun sits back down on the stone floor. “Yifan, huh?”

Junmyeon hugs his knees closer to his chest. “I’m not sure myself.”

“Well, are you serious about him?”

“Are you?” Junmyeon shoots back. “With Kevin, I meant.” Jieun clicks her tongue, looking forward as another thunder can be heard. Water droplets start drizzling from the sky. “You know, Junmyeon? Whatever it is, me and Kevin can figure it out. We have all the time we want.”

“You, however,” she points her finger to Junmyeon’s chest. “Your time is almost up.”

He said nothing. Partly because what she said was true. Though it’s undecided when his aunt is coming home, but there will come a time where he has to end all of the lies. And it’s sooner than Junmyeon thinks. “I don’t know how to end this. I’m not….even sure if I want to.”

“Junmyeon, you don’t have to end whatever that is going on between you and him. Just be honest.” His cousin said simply as if all of this wasn’t her fault. “That’s you for starting this mess of lies!”

“So? Doesn’t matter if I started it. What matters is that you end it.”

Heaving a sigh, how is he going to tell Yifan? The latter’s reaction scares him so much and he doesn’t think he could ever look at Yifan’s betrayed face. Just when they thought it’s going to be a light rain, suddenly came down a downpour and what’s worse is that neither Kevin nor Yifan can be seen. “Perfect!” the younger exasperates. Quickly, they make a dash to the lobby but before he could enter, someone pulls him making him stumble into a hard chest. “What— Yifan?”

He takes a glance at the inside and he sees Kevin and Jieun making their way to the elevator. Looking back at the tall male, he notices that Yifan has his keys in his hand. “Are we going somewhere?” Yifan shakes his head. “Not really. Kevin thinks we shouldn’t waste any fuel. I actually forgot something in the backseat.”

“Oh.. So you’re going now?”

Yifan smirks before clasping their hands together. “How about showering in the rain?”

Just like that, they storm under the heavy rain to the car. Junmyeon is confused as to why he’s being drag to the empty car park again. Almost empty. There are only a couple or three cars that are parked nearby. The others are parked on the other end. By now, Junmyeon is already drenched. His shirt is already sticking onto his body and Yifan is also in the same state as he searches for something at the back seat of the car.

“Have you found it?” he peeks over Yifan’s shoulder.

Yifan then stands up straight, closing then locking the car door. “Yeap.”

Strange, Yifan’s not holding onto anything. “Well, where is it—”

Before he could answer, Yifan suddenly crouches in front of Junmyeon, picking him up swiftly and carry him over his shoulder. The upside down view is making

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter