Three

Spring Break Misson
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

7k words

 

Jongin's house really does have a pool. An outdoor pool to be exact. All of them had their mouths hang open at the enormous house. This place is definitely much better than a motel. "Damn son, you live here alone?" Kevin gapes at his sight then runs to stick his nose on the window. “Woah! Look at the pool.”

"Rich kids problems. Your parents aren't always home so you just invite anyone you can to your house." Jongin shrugs casually like it’s not a big of a deal. Oh how Junmyeon wishes to be on that level of richness. Not only that, Jongin looks like he has it all. Wealth, charming looks and also a cute boyfriend to top it all. He guesses some people are just born lucky then.

Before he could explore the living room, he feels someone crosses hand with his and drag him to what it looks like the kitchen. "Are you hungry? I can cook you something." Kyungsoo asks with a grin on his face. Junmyeon doesn't know why but it seems like Kyungsoo has taken a fond of him. He's been squeezing himself in Junmyeon’s space and he would call it adorable if it weren’t for Jongin glaring at him.

"I’m still full from the meal earlier." He turns down only to be shot with another question. "Ahh then…. do you want to try the pool?"

Just as Junmyeon was about to agree, he realize that there’s only one problem. "I actually have no extra clothes. I'm even wearing Yifan's right now " he says sheepishly.

"Oh why didn't you say so? I have clothes that can fit you, silly! Hold on, I’ll look for it.” The younger runs out of the kitchen but was stopped by his displeased boyfriend. "Babe, he can just borrow his boyfriend's clothes. Why does he have to wear yours?"

"Oh shush, Jongin! It's not a big deal." And just like that, he walks pass the now pouting Jongin. The taller rolls his eyes before disappearing too.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After changing into a t-shirt and pair of plaid shorts from Kyungsoo, he kinds of miss the feeling of Yifan's jersey on him. It made him realize how he prefers oversized clothes rather than fitted ones. As he comes out from the guest room, he could hear a gale of laughter coming from outside. He was about to head outside before he spots Jongin at the kitchen counter, stabbing a piece of strawberry. Almost quietly, he nears Jongin then clears his throat to make his presence known. The latter's eyes widen in surprises as he sets down the fork in his hand. "Oh, Kim Junmyeon. To what do I owe you?”

Junmyeon fidgets with the hem of his shirt. He didn’t know how to say this but thinking back to the glares he received, he should really try to settle with Jongin. If they are going to share a house, might as well not be on the taller’s bad side. "I.... thank you for helping us. Really, I appreciate it but... can you tone down your glaring?"

"My what?"

"I've noticed it since we were at the beach. It’s making me quite...timid. I’m not saying you’re scary, no offence but-" Before he could finish his sentence, or precisely. his rambling, Jongin suddenly breaks into a small laugh. Junmyeon frowns.

"I'm really sorry about that. I just… I don't share Kyungsoo's attention well with others. I get a little too worried when he shows a lot of interest in you." The younger shakes his head, thinking it's silly of him to do so.

"Why would you worry though? He's your boyfriend, right?"

Somehow, the smile on Jongin's face becomes strained that it's hard for Junmyeon to not notice how insincere it looks."In my head we are but," Jongin bows his head before glancing up to Junmyeon again. "To him, I'm still his childhood best friend. We're not together, Junmyeon."

He almost can't believe his ears. That's impossible! Just a few moments ago he accidentally walked on Jongin pinning Kyungsoo against the fridge while their lips are moving hungrily against each other. Junmyeon recalls back the embarrassing scene that made him power walk his way to the guest room without a sound. He could only give Jongin a sad smile before squeezing his shoulders. It's also the first time he initiates contact with Jongin. "I don't know what to say."

"Nahh it's okay. We'll get there, I believe."

Somehow, Junmyeon doesn’t doubt that.

 

 

 

 

 

He leaves Jongin to be alone and heads out to where the noises came from. Just like at the beach, his heart is jumping because he is so damn excited. When was the last time he had gone to the pool? He honestly can’t remember. Most probably he was still a child at that time. The smile on his face just gets bigger and bigger as the sound of laughter gets louder.

Unlike the pool, beaches tend to be crammed full at most holidays. Back when he was a child, Junmyeon could only enjoy the pool at his neighbor’s house because public pool would defeat the purpose of having a peaceful surrounding. So when they move out while Jumyeon was 13, he no longer had the chance to go swimming again. The pool in Jongin's house looks awfully deep. He’s not sure whether Yifan is standing or crouching or floating, but the water level is just below his neck and that’s enough of a warning for Junmyeon. There’s no way he is going in without a float.

 

But God forbid him to have a good time because the next thing he knows, he is being pushed from behind and fall straight into the water. He was flailing his hands so hard to get on the surface of water but unfortunately he couldn't understand how one can do so. He felt like he was drowning. Well, he is, as a matter of fact.

As he was accepting that his time has finally come, strong hands pull him upwards to the surface of water and Junmyeon can finally breathe. He latches onto the first thing that's near him which happens to be a shoulder. When he's done gasping for air, he slowly opens his eyes and to his surprise, his face is inches away from Yifan's.

"I got you, Junmyeon. I got you. Can you breathe?"

His chest is still heaving heavily. The lack of air in his lungs is really making him tired therefore; he rests his head on Yifan’s bare shoulder. “I need a moment.” He pants. Even in that state, Junmyeon is aware that Yifan is holding him tight to not drop him on the floor of the pool. Basically, Junmyeon is floating, only, he’s hanging on a human.

“Oh God! Junmyeon, Are you okay?! Can you breathe? Here.” Jieun hands him a huge pink flamingo float. “Don’t move too much, or you will topple, okay? Be safe!” she continues to worry over her cousin even after Yifan has helped him to get on the float.

“I’ll look after him, don’t worry.” Tao assures as he swims near Junmyeon’s float. “And I’m sorry for pushing you. If I knew that you couldn’t swim, I wouldn’t have.” he continues with a frown on his face. Looking at Tao’s guilty face, he immediately gives surety that it’s okay. After all, Tao didn’t know.

 

 

 

 

Despite having limited movements, Junmyeon is still having a blast fooling around in the pool. It started when Kyungsoo gave them a number of toys to play in the pool. Few of them are beach balls and pool noodle water floats. It warms him that he’s not being left out since all he could do is waddle in his inflatable flamingo float. They made sure to pass him the ball frequently and just for his safety, Tao keeps himself close to Junmyeon.

It’s crazy to think that he just met these people and yet, he’s being cared like a family. If his friends back in Korea see the way he is smiling and laughing loudly, they would rub their eyes a few times just to check if it’s really Junmyeon. It’s been a while since he had some fun like this. Just watching Yifan accidentally dropped Sehun who was on his shoulder and collided with Jieun is making his stomach hurts from giggling too much. And then there’s also Kevin who is currently being chased by Tao (again) for cheating. Maybe following them here isn’t a bad idea at all.

After growing tired of the float, Jumyeon steps out from the pool and lies down on one of the chaise lounges. He silently watches the others play with a smile etch on his face. He really didn’t expect for Yifan to get out of the pool minutes later and strides to him.

However, there seems to be a problem for Junmyeon…. Yifan is certainly half , revealing his prominent abs and also why the hell is his shorts damn low, revealing his torso slightly. Junmyeon gulps as he is not so discreetly checking the latter out. Something is making him feel hot and Junmyeon doubts it is the Sun.

“Tired?” The taller asks, taking a seat on the same chair as Junmyeon’s.

Junmyeon nods. “Sort of, but I’m more tired of just sitting on the float. Here is fine too.”

“I could teach you how to swim. We got plenty of time.”

It seems like a great offer. Until Junmyeon remembers that it would meant more of Yifan exposing his body and Junmyeon doesn’t think he can survive being close to Yifan at that proximity. Also, letting Yifan see how terrible of a swimmer he is? He’s going to pass. “There's a float for a reason." He quickly declines the offer.

"What if the float deflates?"

“Then I can be on top of you" Junmyeon says playfully, didn’t miss how Yifan's eyes widen just a little more than usual. In his mind, it sounds completely normal. What he meant was he could be on top of Yifan's shoulder like how the others played wrestling in the water but when he realize how inappropriate that sounds, it’s too late to take it back. Junmyeon, how stupid can you get?

Instantly, he panics, stumbling over his words to explain. "Wh..what I meant was— hey, it's not like that!"

Yifan only chortles before patting Junmyeon’s thighs. "Relax, Junmyeon. I know perfectly what you meant"

Junmyeon glares at him. "Yah.......ert" he squints his eyes in accusation. That made the taller stop laughing altogether before gaping. "Did you just call me a ert? Hey, it was you!" he playfully pokes on Junmyeon’s ribs. This comes as a misfortune to Junmyeon because he is really ticklish and sensitive there. So when he lets out an unmanly scream, Yifan couldn’t hold back his devilish grin.

Oh no.

That face. Junmyeon is screwed. And just in a second, large hands are tickling him under his ribs. Junmyeon burst out into something that's in between laughing and crying. He couldn’t pry Yifan's hands off him because the latter was too strong. To which he has no choice but suffer the tickle attack on his clothed stomach. Fortunately, Yifan decides to grant mercy to him. "Now tell me, who is the ert now." Yifan mocks. Neither of them knows how Yifan's knees manage to end up on each side of Junmyeon’s lower body.

"Uhmm that's a tough question but all I can say is it’s not me who has his hands on my stomach, you ert" Junmyeon replies just as playfully, not forgetting to stick his tongue out.

Just like that, Yifan's mercy went down the drain as his fingers move to press harder on Junmyeon. The smaller squirms under Yifan while hitting the taller but he's been told that his punched couldn't hurt a bunny.

 

However, Junmyeon gasps when he feels Yifan's cold fingers make contact with his skin. All this while it was his shirt preventing their skins from touching but now he feels Yifan's bare touches under his shirt. Something dangerously dips into his stomach as he stops squirming and lets out a breathless whisper. “Yifan”

The taller doesn't seem to register the fact that he is now tickling Junmyeon’s bare stomach until he gazes into the smaller male’s eyes. He was puzzled why Junmyeon stopped giggling until it dawns to him that he's touching Junmyeon under his shirt. Like a poison, Yifan retracts his hands away. "Err... I didn’t realize. I didn’t mean to—I'm sorry."

It suddenly turns awkward between them and what's worse is that Yifan is still hovering over Junmyeon. "I...." he tries again but Junmyeon beats him to it.

"It's okay, I......" he inhales and exhales the same time his eyes met Yifan's. "I didn’t really mind..."

Junmyeon wanted to punch himself. He's been saying his thoughts recklessly lately. He could've said that this shall not happen again but that was far from what he was thinking. Junmyeon can’t deny, he felt sparks whenever he feels Yifan's touches. And it's the first time for him in many years to feel like this to anyone. Junmyeon.....doesn't want it to stop...He should be ashamed for thinking so—no. Junmyeon shouldn’t even dare. But, the heart wants what it wants. (Did he really just quote a Selena Gomez song)

"I'm still sorry if I made you uncomfortable." Yifan has his head low in apologetic.

Maybe it was the heat that's not making him think straight, Junmyeon cups Yifan's face gently with his hand. "Trust me, Yifan. You didn't." he assures with a smile. His heart blooms when Yifan holds his hand on his face and leans in the touch. This is crazy, Junmyeon thinks. But his heart is getting excited like a teenager being in love again. Well, except he's not really in love...he's just..uh... he can't even describe what he feel for Yifan.

 

"Yo lovebirds!"

 

Jieun's loud voice calls them. In mere blink of an eye, Yifan gets off from Junmyeon and stands up. After shamelessly being caught having a kdrama moment with Yifan, Junmyeon cranes his neck and sees Jieun sitting comfortably on Kevin's shoulder. "Junmyeon, do you mind getting me iced water? Since you're already dry and all."

He groans as he gets up and wraps a towel around his head.

 

 

 

 

 

 

As he steps inside, he barely spots the two figures lying on the living room couch. He was about to ask them about the iced water but as he takes a step closer, Junmyeon can see how both of them are in an intimate position. The tan male is hovering over Kyungsoo while there is an audible sound of sloppy kissing. Uhuh, Junmyeon knows well enough to not intrude the couple. Should he say couple? Or bestfriends?

But God of fortune has never taken a fond of him because he ends up stubbing his toe on a stair, catching the couple's attention. Kyungsoo gently pushes Jongin's chest to sit up slightly. "Junmyeon?" he calls out softly.

Junmyeon raises his hand in the air and wave awkwardly. "Uhm..Hi?"

"Do you need something?" By now, Kyungsoo is already pushing Jongin off him, ignoring his annoyed boyfri— bestfriend.

"No no no! I was just about to get some drinks." he responds, scratching his head. "You guys can uh....resume what you both were doing. Yep I'm just going to go." But not to his expectation, Kyungsoo tags along him to the kitchen. "I'll help you!" he voices out excitedly. Junmyeon glances back to Jongin and sees the latter running his hand through his locks in frustration. He sort of felt sorry for interrupting their intimate moment. Just why does he have to witness both of them making out twice?

Kyungsoo insist on making iced lemonade for all of them, which Junmyeon told him that he doesn't have to. In spite of this, Kyungsoo said it won't be a bother.

The younger tries to recall back everyone's name with Junmyeon just in case he had forgotten it. According to him, Junmyeon was the only name he had no problem remembering it. "How about the other tall guy? Wufan or something— oh dear why can't I remember?"

"Ahh you mean Yifan." Junmyeon answers.

"Yes! That's it!" Snapping his fingers, Kyungsoo nods his head as he finally recalls the tall man’s name. "Sorry I kind of forgot your boyfriend's name."

Junmyeon stiffens at the mention of the word Yifan and boyfriend in a sentence. No. Kyungsoo got it all wrong. "I... we are not together." He tries to explain, suddenly feels like déjà vu all over again. Instead, he is in Jongin's place.

"You're not?"

He shakes his head lightly. "We uhm...just met yesterday." Since he has mentioned it, it's almost unbelievable that he just met Yifan yesterday but his stomach is always doing a cartwheel whenever he's with Yifan.

"Ahh I see...I guess it's a love at the first sight then." Kyungsoo enlightens, pulling a jar of sugar out from the drawer. Junmyeon stopped cutting the lemons before staring dumbly at Kyungsoo. "Excuse me?"

The latter only waves his hand in dismiss. "Oh you.. Stop pretending like you didn't see how Yifan looks at you. His eyes are shining. What a young love!"

That's..... probably a misinterpretation from Kyungsoo. Yifan's eyes don’t shine. Or does it?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter