3: Grading re-evaluation

PEACH & OngRANGE

[Author's note: I'm sorry for taking such a long time to update! -> I hate me… I freaking shut down my laptop without saving… TWICE! So this is the 3rd time writing the same thing, with huge differences because I can’t remember stuff well AT ALL, and everything is very vague in my memory so :( , this time round i'm using google docs to do just to be safe… I’m finally updating because I’m so happy #Ongniel managed to debut together >< Along with my bias who shall not be mentioned :P But I’m still emo some of my babies didn’t get in…]

 

Day of re-evaluation

  It was the day of re-evaluation. The day that the 97 trainees receive the report slip to know which is the true grade that they deserve. Also, the day they get exposed to more people of similar calibre in terms of talents and learning speed.

 The coaches have already went into the respective grade’s room that they have been assigned; in their hands are the report slips of the trainees that shows their re-evaluation results that determine their rank til the end of the show.

 Seongwoo shuffled around in an attempt to seem less nervous. “Samuel! Who do you think would get be upgraded to A?” He asked the tanned boy standing beside him; Samuel was fidgeting around nervously but he looks like a genuinely nice boy, so Seongwoo decided to start a casual conversation with him to release some tension in the atmosphere.

 Seongwoo has always been a social butterfly. One who is widely known for his humor, friendliness and  kindness (often done discreetly). However, even he felt a little awkward with some of the other ‘A’ ranked trainees. It is, to be honest, expected because many of them came to this show with a mindset that all the other trainees are competitors rather than potential friends/future teammates. He, on the other hand really wished he could find several good friends so they could have a good experience in this show with him and regardless of the results, would be able to bring back good memories.

  “I was thinking the small boy? Lee Woojin? His vocals are really strong! And he is only so young!” Samuel replied after thinking for awhile. “What about you, hyung?”

 “You know the peac- I mean Kang Daniel? From MMO. I think he is really talented, but wasn’t able to show completely in his audition… What a waste!” Seongwoo sighed. “Who’s that? There are so many contestants I didn’t notice him ughh” Samuel racked his brain as he asked.

 “What?? You don’t know who he is? But he’s such a cute PEACH hahaha!” Seongwoo laughed as he emphasised on the word ‘peach’, gesturing an upside down heart with his hands because according to him, that is a peach, and patting his afterwards because apparently = peach. Samuel could only laugh along while shaking his head because, I mean, what are the odds of noticing and remembering someone out of the near 100 trainees during audition? Probably only if they appealed to them in some way? ;)

  Ding ding ding ding~ The bell sounded. It was a signal for the coaches to start distributing the report slips. However, ‘A’ rank would be announced the last. Only after the new ‘A’ ranked trainees have arrived would they distribute the existing ‘A’ ranks’ report slips.

 The glass door creaked and in came the first trainee to join, then, more came to join. As he sees the eyes of the other ‘A’ ranks lit up when they see familiar faces, he felt a little tug in his chest. One thing about Seongwoo is that he was the only trainee from Fantagio so as much as he tried to talk to others’ he always felt slightly lonely deep inside. Seongwoo looked on expectantly at the glass door, hoping for his turn to meet familiar face.

  A little baby boy walked in looking slightly lost and for some unknown reason, Seongwoo instinctively started smiling and welcoming him. What kind of instinct do you call this i wonder? (hehe) He waved at the tiny boy with a wide grin, and that boy, namely Lee Woojin waved back, smiling brightly. A little ray of sunshine. ‘Aww i want to smoosh those cheeks~’ Seongwoo thought to himself.

 Once again, the glass door opened. This time, a familiar head bobbed in. Everyone in the room turned their attention to the new-comer as he awkwardly smiled and clapped for himself. Seongwoo smiled. Finally it’s his turn to meet a familiar face. Seongwoo was about to wave to him when Daniel excitedly sat beside Woojin, pinching his cheeks as he said,”Woojin ah~ You are here too!”

 Before Seongwoo got to say anything, Boa suddenly annouced,” Now I’ll be giving the results to all of you, the ones who were ranked ‘A’ initially.” Everyone held their breathe and became silent with anticipation and fear as they wait for the results to be announced. It was pin drop silent.

 One by one they went to receive their report slip and miraculously all that had went so far retained their ‘A’ rank. Since they were asked to go up one by one according to the pre-arranged stack of report slips, the trainees who have not gotten their results got extremely nervous, because they might be left till the end (for the results) to be ranked down in order to make the show to look more exciting.

 There were only 2 trainees left, Samuel and Seongwoo. The latter gave Samuel a soft pat for reassurance when Samuel was called even though he was nervous himself. “Kim Samuel trainee, you are still in ‘A’ rank! Well done!” The boy, relieved with his results, turned over to Seongwoo and grinned.

  ‘Oh , it’s my turn…’ the last to get his results thought. He walked over at the call of his name. For some reason, he felt that it took them longer to announce his result, not sure if it really is because his rank fell, or that he is just nervous. “ Ong Seongwoo Trainee, you are… still in ‘A’ rank! You’ve proved to us that you have what it takes to remain here! Finally, all of you have received your results. You will all remain in this rank till as far as you can survive the eliminations. Good luck!”  Boa congratulated.

 Seongwoo bowed and turned back excitedly to face his finalised same-rank-mates. YES! He managed to stay despite his dance mistakes in the practice with coaches previously. After returning to where he sat at previously, one of the staff members went ‘Cut!’ towards the cameras and continued,”Trainees, don’t leave yet. We need to re-assign dorm rooms to those who just joined because we need the same ranks to bunk together. Trainees Daehwi and Samuel’s room is half vacant  for ‘A’ rankers so we can put in this 4 trainees, these 2 trainees would join the room with trainees Sungwoon and Taehyun. There’s no other rooms left with extra bed, would anyone like to volunteer to cram with Daniel trainee for just one 3 nights until we can solve this problem?”

  An arm wiggled up like a jellyfish and said,”I guess it will ongly be me.” (No prizes for guessing who said that.)The staff continued,, “Okay, thanks. Since this matter is settled so quickly, all of you are allowed to leave early for lunch break now. Trainee Daniel please move over your belongings quickly and Trainee Seongwoo, guide the way.”

  “Yes!” the trainees said in unison.

   As Seongwoo supported himself on his right arm, about to stand up, Samuel reached over and nudged him at the ribs softly,”Is this hyung beside you the one you mentioned just now? MMO’s Kang Daniel hyung?”

  “What did he say about me? Was he gossiping about me tsk tsk hahaha!” Daniel asked jokingly. “Oh, we were talking about who we think will be able to come to our rank and he said you because you are very talented or something!” Samuel replied. Oops! Spoke too loudly.

  “Oh really?” Daniel turned to Seongwoo and asked. He probably didn’t expect to be praised by Seongwoo. Then he continued, snickering,”and you even volunteered to lend me your bed hehe, you must like me very much hahaha!”

  Seongwoo swung around to face Daniel and smirked, “Well, of course! I love fruits!” before confidently strutting away, leaving a bewildered Daniel standing still. “Hahaha! He said that hyung is a peach! Probably because of your hair hahaha!” Samuel laughed as he explains to the poor, confused pink-haired boy, who then pouts upon hearing that.

 “I’m not gonna wait for you! Can’t afford to miss my lunch!”  a voice sounded from the stairs, leaving Daniel with no choice but to run and catch up to a certain Ong so at least he has a guide to his new room. 

  New room, new roommates. An exciting journey awaits.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER 3 END

Notes: #SHOUTOUT to the person who said this is the best fanfic on ongniel you’ve read (on wattpad), this made me jump out of my lazy and write this despite everything, thank you!!1!