The Ball.

Ciqueerella

Kyungsoo had made him wore an elegant lace mask to cover half of his face before shoving him out of the car, shouting, “I’ll pick you up at 12 o’clock sharp!” before driving away into the night.

Baekhyun was now left alone at the entrance gate of Park Chanyeol’s house, well, not exactly a house since it was big and elegant enough to pass as a mansion. Park Chanyeol was rich and everybody knew that. His parents were rarely home, making him easy to throw the raddest parties where all the cool kids from their school could be spotted. Everyone wanted to be on Chanyeol’s parties, and this one wasn’t an exception.

He could hear the loud music even from the gate. Unlike Chanyeol, Baekhyun wasn’t too fond of parties. He had only agreed to go this time because Kyungsoo had convinced him that no one would recognize him with the costume—that damned kid. Baekhyun gritted his teeth. As much as he hated his best friend right now, the urge to chase after his already out-of-view car was strong.

“You can do this,” Baekhyun said to himself, taking a deep breath before lifting up his dress a bit to allow him to walk without stepping on it. He stood up straight and bravely strode toward the door, he knocked on it twice and was immediately greeted by the sight of Chanyeol opening the door.

Chanyeol looked hot. Well, he did look hot on daily basis, but this time he looked much more hotter. He was wearing a black prince costume, brown hair styled neatly and Baekhyun wondered how his hair would look like if he pulled on it during a heated kiss. His cheeks reddened at the thoughts and he immediately shook his head.

“Welcome, Miss…” Chanyeol let the sentence hang, hoping for the lady (or so he thought) to fill in with a name.

Baekhyun bit down on his bottom lip, contemplating whether to speak or not. He sure looked like a girl right now but that didn’t change his voice.

“Well, I suppose that you want your identity remain unknown, considering the mask,” the tall man concluded at the lack of response, chuckling lightly as he watched the shorter lad nodded shyly. “Forgive me for asking then.” He bowed slightly, elegantly, handsomely, Baekhyun had to pinch his own hand to stop his train of thoughts.

He almost fainted on the spot when Chanyeol offered him a hand. “Would you mind if I offer myself to show you around?”

Baekhyun wordlessly answered that by placing his hand on top of Chanyeol’s bigger one. The latter smiled as he gently held Baekhyun’s hand and guided him into the house. “You’re attending my school too, right?” Chanyeol asked as they walk, tilting his head a bit. “You seem familiar somehow but I couldn’t put a name to match.”

Baekhyun only shrugged, heart pounding wildly against his ribcage. It was his first time being this close to Chanyeol and he was nervous as . He had spent years watching the man from afar, not really having the courage to approach him. How could he when Chanyeol always got surrounded by things he didn’t like? The crowds, parties, extremely flirty girls. Heck, he didn’t even know whether Chanyeol was gay. He just couldn’t get himself to approach the taller man. Chanyeol and him were just too.. different, but Baekhyun adored him nonetheless.

He observed the people there, who were dancing along to an upbeat music in their halloween costume and seemed to be having the time of their lives. He recognized some of the faces from his class and frowned at the sight of a couple humping against each other. Chanyeol seemed to sense his distaste because the taller man had tugged on his hand gently and said, “Let’s go upstairs.”

Baekhyun had let himself getting leaded up the stairs and halted his steps when Chanyeol opened a door that he supposed was leading to his bedroom. He turned to look at Chanyeol with an eyebrow raised, as if asking why he brought him here.

He could see Chanyeol widened his eyes as if realizing something and the taller man coughed, looking a bit flustered. “I just thought you would like to go somewhere less.. crowded?”

The boy in disguise shrugged, trying to hold back a smile at this side of Chanyeol he had never seen before. He let go of Chanyeol’s hand and bravely stepped into the room, looking around as he did so. The room was pretty neat, dominated with black. black walls, black sheets, and black curtains. The curtains were wide open and he could see a pair of glass door leading to a balcony, he walked toward the doors, opening one before stepping out to the balcony.

Cold air greeted him but he didn’t mind, the pretty sight of the stars had managed to put a smile on his face. He almost forgot who he was with until he heard Chanyeol clearing his throat. He then turned to look at the taller man who was still in his bedroom, hand fiddling with his phone for a while before putting it down next to a speaker.

“I was wondering if you..” a gentle and calming music—definitely contrast to what was playing on the party below them, started to play in the background. Chanyeol had looked up from his phone and was now looking at Baekhyun’s face, stepping closer to the shorter male. “Would like to dance with me?”

Baekhyun blinked. Chanyeol was in front of him, looking at him with expectant eyes. The tall man looked a bit shy and too adorable to be true Baekhyun had to pinch his own hand just to make sure he wasn’t dreaming, since things like these only happen in his dreams. He winced when it actually hurt. So it was real, then.

Baekhyun lifted up his dress a bit as he gave the man a small, awkward curtsy. That’s what princesses do when accepting a dance, right? He had thought to himself. He took the hand that Chanyeol just offered to him and when he finally looked up, his heart stopped beating altogether. Chanyeol was smiling. He had made his crush, Park Chanyeol, smile by simply accepting the dance offer.

The taller man pulled him closer and placed his hands on Baekhyun’s waist, Baekhyun hesitated for a while before circling his arms around Chanyeol’s neck. And so they started to dance, swaying along gently to the music. None of them said anything as they were both lost in each other’s eyes.

The music was coming to an end when Chanyeol leaned closer toward Baekhyun’s face. they closed their eyes as their lips met. It was just a brief kiss, the innocent kind of kiss that elementary school couple would do, yet it was the best kiss Baekhyun has ever had.

Chanyeol was surprised himself when he broke the kiss and fluttered his eyes open to meet a pair of enchanting dark brown eyes looking back at him. He felt funny—his heart raced so wildly and he could swear he felt butterflies on his stomach. Chanyeol was not the type of person that do romance, but this girl (or so he thought) in front of him just made him experience the stuffs he could only read on romance novels.

“I want to see your face,” Chanyeol said as he slowly reached up for the lace mask that was covering the shorter’s face.

Baekhyun stopped him right away. “No,” he croaked out, not minding about his not-so-girly voice anymore.

“But why?” the taller man asked, a frown latched on his forehead.

“Because this will end by the end of the night.” Baekhyun sighed softly before slowly pulling away.

Chanyeol frowned even deeper. “Are you making your own cinderella story?”

Baekhyun laughed softly at that and said, “I wish I could have the happy ending.” He was about to open his mouth to speak again when the alarm on his phone went off. His best friend had tied the poor phone around his leg and the alarm was set to ring on twelve o’clock.

“Guess it’s my cue to leave.” He smiled sadly at the taller man, stepping back into the room. He gave Chanyeol a one last look before lifting up his dress a bit and ran out of the room.

He was already on the stairs when Chanyeol caught up to him and turned him around, making him lost his balance and Chanyeol had to catch him by the waist so he wouldn’t fall down. He was now back in Chanyeol’s arm and he didn’t want to let go. Fate must be playing around with him because his wig just had to fall off his head, down the stairs.

He groaned slightly as he pushed Chanyeol away and ran off the house, leaving a dumfounded Chanyeol and his wig behind.

Kyungsoo’s car was already there waiting for him when he got out of the house and he got into the car right away.

“What happened to the wig?” he heard his best friend asked.

“It fell down when I ran off.”

Kyungsoo started the car, driving out the gate with an amused look on his face. “Do you think he'll make people from the school try out the wig just to find you?”

Baekhyun deadpanned.

“Let’s just hope he won’t.”


TBC / The End?

A/N : sOOO HELLO GUYS. I hope you're enjoying the fics, and I was wondering whether I should continue this one or leave the ending to your imaginations—so. help me out and leave a comment below! subscribes and upvotes would be v v v appreciated.