Chapter 27: Track and Field

My Gang Leader
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hani was walking in the corridor when she noticed the hate looks from the students…again. Ever since Hani did that scene with Dahyun, everyone has been hating her for ruining the ChaeDa ship. They were being mean to her and looking at her in a hate-way just like now…

With a sigh, she walk faster. But before she could turn away, she felt a wet sticky fluid in her head after the pain of being hit by an egg. She turned around and saw that some other students were just staring at her while there are some who are still holding eggs.

“Ready, girls?” the leader of the ‘egg-throwing’ gang said “Ready, aim…fire.”

[A/N: Chong Jojun Balsa~]

Hani closed her eyes, preparing for the pain. But she didn’t felt it. All she heard was the sound of the egg hitting something and the gasps of the people. So she opened her eyes and saw Chaeyoung in front of her. Chaeyoung just blocked the girls’ attacks.

“Oh my gosh. We’re sorry, Chaeyoung.” the leader said “It wasn’t for you…We’re sorry.”

Chaeyoung nodded “It’s fine. Just…stop throwing things.”

“But…it’s for that…girl that wants to steal Dahyun sshi from you.”

“It’s okay. I understand that you guys…hate her but…violence is not the solution. Please…stop it.”

“O-Oh…” the girls said “We’re sorry…”

Chaeyoung chuckled “Stop apologizing. I’m fine…”

The girls walked away, feeling guilty while Chaeyoung faced Hani, who’s standing in her back.

“Are you okay, sunbae?”

“Why…did you do that?”

“Hmm?”

“Why did you shield the attack for me?”

“Well…I’m not a heartless person and…I know Dahyun will get mad once she knows about this.”

“I think she’ll get mad once she knows what happened to you.”

Chaeyoung laughed as she took off her school jacket “That’s why she won’t know about this. Keep it a secret for me, kay?” she said then walked away

“Wait, Son Chaeyoung.”

Chaeyoung stopped and looked back “Yes?”

“T-Thanks…”

Chaeyoung smiled to Hani and right then, Hani knows why Dahyun treasure Chaeyoung so much. Chaeyoung was an angel…both inside and outside.

“No problem, sunbae. But please wash the egg from your hair because it’ll be hard to take off once it stays longer there.”

“O-Oh…I will…”

“Then, I’ll go wash my hair and jacket now…excuse me.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chaeyoung has been watching over Hani and Dahyun notice it.

“Why are you watching over her? Shouldn’t you be hating her for…wanting to ruin our relationship?”’

“No. I’m not the type of person to keep a grudge.”

“Then…is there any particular reason you’re watching over Hani unnie?”

“She’s…I don’t know. I just want to help her.”

“Wait a minute, Son Chaeyoung…”

“What?”

“Don’t tell me…you have a crush on my ex?”

“WHAT? Where did you get that idea?”

“You’re always watching over her…even though I’m here. Tell me, what’s that supposed to mean?”

Chaeyoung chuckled at the pouty face of Dahyun “I’m sorry, my Dubu. But the reason I want to help Hani sunbae is because she didn’t do anything to deserve the hate. Sure, it was fine for you to hate her but the others shouldn’t hurt her because…she just loves you and…loving was never a sin.”

“So you’re saying that…”

“I’m saying that I don’t want to see her get hurt because she loves you. Everyone can love the person they want to love…But no one deserves to get hurt. If I can do something to help her, I’ll do it…”

Dahyun’s pout turned into a smile as she pulled Chaeyoung into a hug “That’s one of the reason I don’t want something to happen to you.”

“Wae?”

“You’re so precious to be in this world, Son Chaeyoung.” Dahyun said as she rock Chaeyoung gently

“If that’s the case then…I’ll just stay at your heart.”

“You’re always welcome there…”

The two of them stayed hugging while sitting in the field as they watch Hani and the other seniors like Solar, Moonbyul, Irene and Seulgi do track-and-field in their P.E time. After the senior, it was the Juniors time to play. Chaeyoung saw her sister in the tracks together with Jeongyeon.

The whistle blow so the first batch of Juniors started to run. It was, ofcourse, Jeongyeon’s win. Having an athletic and exercised body helped her. The next batch of the Juniors was next to run which is Momo, Nayeon and others while Jeongyeon together with Wendy approached Dahyun and Chaeyoung.

“What are you doing here?” Dahyun asked “You’re interrupting us.”

“Chill, Kim. We’re just going to sit here since the place is too crowded.”

“Whatever. You’re still ruining our moments.”

“GO NABONGS!” Wendy cheered “WOOOOH, Nayeonnie…”

“Calm down, unnie.” Chaeyoung said with a chuckle “That should be Jeongyeon sunbae’s job.”

“Yeah…” Jeongyeon agreed then face the tracks “FIGHTING, MY LADY! I LOVE YOU!”

“Aren’t you going to cheer on Momo unnie?” Dahyun asked

“Nah. She’ll win, anyways.”

“How’d you know?”

“Because…my girlfriend is a halmoni.”

“I’m telling Nayeon unnie later.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter