Welcome!

Write for Selu Fic Fest 2017!

 

 

 

Hello everyone and welcome to WriteforSelu! First of all, we want to thank you for the warm welcome and all the encouragements you send us through our twitter account. It really makes us happy and excited. We hope that you will always support us as we start our first round of this fic fest.

In line with that, we also want to tell you more about WriteforSelu, and clarify a  few things that some have been asking us. Here are some frequently asked questions you might want to know.
 

Why did you start writeforselu?

Just like any other Selu shippers, we have great thirst for more Selu fanfics! And it saddens us to know that the Selu fics are getting lesser these days compared to the previous years, though we understand that the writers might already be busy with other things. And so! Since we currently do not have any active Selu fic fests, and we rarely see any Selu prompts in different EXO fic fests, we decided to start a new one, so we can all have something new to read by the coming months; and so writers/aspiring writers can also share their talents and creativity as well. This fic fest is for all of us who love and want to read more, new Selu fics!

 

Is there still Selubration round 6? Or will there be no more Selubration round 6?

Unfortunately, we don’t have any idea about that as well. We are not affiliated with them, and we do not know any of their mods or their plans. However we are anticipating for their comeback, too. We really hope that they will be back as soon as possible. So then, we will have three Selu fic fests! (Selubration, writeforeselu and jinglebellselu). Doesn’t that sound magical? We’ll drown in quality Selu stories!

 

How many mods do you have?

We have 2 mods, ModLuhan and ModSehun.  

 

What can we expect in this round?

For our 1st round, we decided to make it open for all themes, genres, and AUs you guys could think of. And since our posting period falls on Halloween week, we are giving an option for those who are willing to send prompts related to the said season. However, we won’t allow self-prompt for this round so that we can use all the available ones.

 

Any sensitive topic you won’t allow?

There are no restrictions for any topics! However, we would also like to advise everyone who will be incorporating topics such as /Non-con, Dubcon, Underaged , and ia to be very careful and not forget to put their trigger warnings. We want everyone to have as much fun in getting creative when writing your fics, and we don’t want to stump that creativity by regulating the topics. This is, after all, a fic fest that is open to all genres!

However, we know that these topics could be delicate subjects to some readers as well, and we would love it if everyone will be able to enjoy the fic fest without having a hard time. We also do not condone and tolerate such acts! We allowed them for the sole purpose of expressing your creativity only. Please, be extra cautious (especially in the topic of /Non-Con).

Please be cautious with trigger warnings such as Character Death, Humiliation, Gore, Suicide, Mental illness, Self harm and Abuse, too. Also, we would like to remind you that Top!Luhan/Bottom!Sehun fics will not be labeled as trigger warning.

 

Can we send many prompts?

Of course! you can leave three (3) prompts in each (google) form, and you can send in as many forms as you want.

 

I want to join but English is not my first language?

Don’t worry about that, lovelies! We can help you find a beta reader for your fic. This Beta reader will be there to help you with your stories.

 

Now I’m done, where can i send my work?

Once you’re done, send your work as an attachment, complete with all the livejournal codes needed, and send it to writeforselu[@]gmail.com. And before we forget! we also have something to give to those who will join and complete their fics! And do not worry guys, ‘cause it’s totally for free!

 

 

RULES & GUIDELINES

WriteforSelu is a prompt-based fic fest. Writers are only allowed to choose from the provided prompts meaning there’s no self-prompt for this round. However, since the posting falls during Halloween we decided to give you an option if you want to drop a halloween themed prompt.

This fic fest is open for all types of prompts, whether it’s fluffy, angst, or even tragic if you want some extra feels trip. We also encourage everyone to send prompts in different alternate universes that you could think of! The sky’s the limit, let’s get creative!

There’s no limit in leaving prompts, prompting will be done via google forms.

Please avoid sending in very vague prompts.

We would like to suggest minimizing the side pairs for every prompts so that the story will be focused on the main pair.

Email confirmation will be sent within 24 hours (or less). Once you receive the email, you can already start writing your fic.

NO PLAGIARISM, once you’ve been caught we will automatically remove you in this round.

For prompt claims, we will allow (2) two writers to claim one prompt but only if the first participants agree to share the prompt to another writer.

  • Participants can claim (2) or more prompts however we suggest that they should finish their first claim before claiming a new one.

For the first check-ins: the fanfiction must have a minimum of 500 words and 1000 words minimum for completion.

If English is not your first language, or if you want someone to proofread your work, you can tell the mods so we can look for a beta reader for you.

Once your prompt is done, you can send your work to writeforselu[@]gmail.com, make sure you send it as attachment with all the livejournal codes needed.

Don’t forget to use the proper warning in your fics!

Lastly, please remain anonymous until reveals.

 

Thank you, and have fun getting creative!

 

Here is our Time Table for our first round.

Prompting starts: June 7

Prompting ends: June 30

Prompt claiming: July 3 - July 29

First Check in: August 24

Change or Dropping: September 14 & 15

Second Check in: September 29

Final: October 15

Posting: October 30 - November 4

Guess Who: TBA

Reveals: TBA

 

*If you have more questions you can send us an email at writeforselu[@]gmail.com or DM us on our twitter @writeforselu, we will try to respond as soon as possible.