너의 마음을 이기고 싶다 (I want to Win Your Heart)

그렇지 않으면, 너 야 (Unless, It's You)

== PROLOGUE ==

The more I find the reality, the more it hurts. I know that you already like someone else, but why my heart still tried so hard to approach your heart? It’s like my heart still wants to win your heart, although I know that impossible things since your heart already belongs to someone else. But, can you please tell me what should I do so I can’t erase this pain slowly as the day passes? (June 15th, 2017)

 

== CHAPTER 14 ==

            Today Ji Hyeon arrived at FYI’s office really early in the morning. She wears baby blue mini dress with white cardigan today. She let her brown-long hair unraveled. As soon as she arrived to the office, she checks her work.

            “Wow, you are so early today,” said Ji Eun who just arrived too.

            “Oh, Ji Eun-a…” said Ji Hyeon.

            “You look so girly today,” said Ji Eun. “Do you have a plan after work?”

            Eobseo [No],” answer Ji Hyeon.

            “Then, are you seeing someone now?” asked Ji Eun.

            “Why would I?” asked Ji Hyeon back. “I am busy with my work and don’t have any empty schedule for dating or somewhat,”

            “Ey, you can date Min Hyuk though,” said Ji Eun. “You said that he started to keep contacting you,”

            “There’s no way I would date him,” said Ji Hyeon.

            “What about other members? Do you start to like one of them since you guys often work together?” asked Ji Eun.

            “Ey, seolma [no way],” said Ji Hyeon.

            “There’s someone who always show his affection but Ji Hyeon Eonni always rejects him,” said Jin Yi who just arrived at the office.

            Nugu [Who]?” asked Ji Eun.

            “Won Ho,” answer Jin Yi.

            “Oh, he looks fine,” said Ji Eun. “His body is really good,”

            “Then you go date him,” said Ji Hyeon.

            “But why are you still here?” asked Jin Yi.

            Wae [Why]?” asked Ji Hyeon.

            Eonni, I’ve been waiting you outside,” said Han Gi who just arrived at the office.

            Wae [Why]?” asked Ji Hyeon again.

            “This Eonni really clueless,” said Jin Yi.

            “You have schedule for X-Live today,” said Han Gi.

            “Ah, matda [that’s right]!” said Ji Hyeon. “I completely forgot about it,”

            “Seems like your age got you now,” said Ji Eun.

            Ya [Hey], Yoon Ji Eun, we are no difference though,” said Ji Hyeon.

            Ji Eun was born 1 week before Ji Hyeon. So they’re the same age. But Jin Yi and Han Gi is 1 year younger than Ji Hyeon and Ji Eun.

            “Go to X-Live filming site now,” said Jin Yi.

            Kaja [Let’s go], Han Gi-ya,” said Ji Hyeon while taking her camera.

            Ji Hyeon and Han Gi go to the parking lot.

            “Should I change my clothes?” asked Ji Hyeon.

            “Why?” asked Han Gi back. “You look really beautiful today,”

            “I think I should change my clothes,” said Ji Hyeon.

            Ji Hyeon checks her extra clothes in her car.

            “I didn’t bring any extra clothes today,” said Ji Hyeon.

            “Let’s just go to the filming site or we would be late,” said Han Gi.

           Ji Hyeon and Han Gi get in the car. They are heading to X-Live filming site. It doesn’t take long, because they’re going to shoot at the Starship Entertainment building. When Ji Hyeon and Han Gi arrived there, X-Live crews and Monsta X are already there.

            “Are we late?” asked Ji Hyeon.

            Aniyo [No],” answer the PD. “We just arrived here too,”

            Ji Hyeon prepares her camera and Han Gi also prepares her utilities. Monsta X member don’t realizes that Ji Hyeon and Han Gi already there.

            “We’ll start the filming in 10 minutes,” said the PD.

            Monsta X prepares themselves and they just realized that Ji Hyeon and Han Gi already there.

            “Wow…” said Won Ho as he saw Ji Hyeon.

            “Han Gi Noona got her hair cut,” said Joo Heon.

            Ki Hyun looks upset as he saw Ji Hyeon.

            Why did she wear that kind of clothes? She looks really beautiful, but everyone is look at her. I can’t handle this. Aigoo…

            “What’s with that face?” asked Hyung Won.

            “Oh, nothing,” answer Ki Hyun.

            Ji Hyeon tied her hair up. It only makes Ki Hyun more upset.

            What are you doing right now? Are you trying to make me jealous? Did you forget that you have a boyfriend now?

            Ji Hyeon turns her face and her eyes meet Ki Hyun’s eyes. But she is really clueless even when Ki Hyun tried to send her a ‘code’.

            “We’ll start the filming,” said the PD.

***

 

            The filming ends in the late night, around 9 pm. They shoot for around 12 hours because it’s they films for 2 episode. After the filming, Ji Hyeon and Han Gi was about to leave the filming site, but Monsta X members stops them.

            “Where are you guys going?” asked Joo Heon.

            “Go home,” asked Ji Hyeon. “Why?”

            “Stay a bit longer here,” said I.M.

            “Why?” asked Han Gi.

            “We can talk about this and that before you guys go home,” answer Min Hyuk.

            “Or we can watch a movie too,” said Won Ho.

            “That’s right, let’s watch a movie at the multipurpose room,” said Shownu.

            “But we need to go home right now,” said Ji Hyeon.

            “Let’s go,” said Min Hyuk while grabbed Ji Hyeon hands.

            Min Hyuk takes Ji Hyeon to the multipurpose room and Ki Hyun followed behind them. Meanwhile, the rest also followed Min Hyuk behind.

            “What do you want to watch?” asked I.M.

            “Anything with subtitles,” said Won Ho.

            “With subtitles?” asked Ji Hyeon and I.M.

            “Ey, are you guys going to show off that you guys are fluent in English now?” asked Won Ho.

            “Let’s watch horror,” suggest Shownu.

            “NO!” said Joo Heon.

            “This friend really can’t handle horror movie,” said Min Hyuk.

            “I think I have good movie,” said Hyung Won.

            Hyung Won chooses a movie and plays it without asking everyone.

            “It’s not horror movie, right?” asked Joo Heon.

            “Just watch it,” answer Hyung Won.

            ‘I’ll turn off the lamp,” said Won Ho.

            The movie begins. Hyung Won plays a movie with thriller and suspense as its genre. When the movie reachs its where the actor get killed, Ji Hyeon cover her eyes and hold someone’s hand beside her.

            Gwaenchanha, Noona [It’s okay, Noona],” said I.M while hold Ji Hyeon’s hand.

            I.M feels really happy because Ji Hyeon’s hold his hand tightly. He smiles. No one notices it because the whole room is in dark. Meanwhile, Han Gi is sleep and lays her head on Joo Heon’s shoulder. Joo Heon fixed Han Gi’s head on his shoulder so that Han Gi’s neck wouldn’t be in pain after she wakes up later.

            “I’ll turn on the lamp again,” said Won Ho when the movie ends.

            “Oh~ look there,” said Hyung Won.

            “Han Gi Noona is sleeping since the movie begins,” said Joo Heon.

            Ji Hyeon was about to wake Han Gi up.

            “Let her sleep,” said Joo Heon.

            “But we need to go home,” said Ji Hyeon.

            “Stay a bit longer, she looks really tired,” said Shownu.

            “But it’s almost 11 pm,” said Ji Hyeon.

            “It’s still early,” said Ki Hyun. “Don’t you usually out until dawn?”

            Everyone looked at Ki Hyun.

            “How did you know?” asked Won Ho.

            “I guess…” said Ki Hyun.

            He is accidentally said something that only he and Ji Hyeon knows again.

            Noona, you look really beautiful today,” said Min Hyuk.

            Ki Hyun uses his jacket to cover Ji Hyeon’s leg. Meanwhile, Joo Heon uses his jacket as a blanket for Han Gi who is still sleeping on his shoulder. Without knowing, Won Ho went to take something from his bag and he is back while hiding something.

            “Ji Hyeon-a, I have a gift for you,” said Won Ho.

            “Gift?” asked Ji Hyeon.

            “Is it your birthday?” asked Hyung Won.

            “No,” answer Ji Hyeon.

            Won Ho shows the ‘gift’ that he prepared for Ji Hyeon.

            “Throw it out!” said Ji Hyeon as she saw the ‘gift’ from Won Ho.

            Ji Hyeon stands from her seat and prepares to run.

            “It’s not a good manner to reject a gift from someone,” said Won Ho. “You reject me and now you reject my gift for you,”

            “How did you gain such courage to hold this thing?” asked Hyung Won.

            “Throw it out!” said Ji Hyeon.

            Ji Hyeon looks really scared. Won Ho bring spider for her. Of course, it’s only a toy.

            “Won Ho-ya, geumanhaera [stop it],” said Shownu.

            Ji Hyeon tried to run away when Won Ho come closer. Ji Hyeon even hides behind Shownu.

            “How did you know about this?” asked Ji Hyeon.

            “Someone tell me about this,” answer Won Ho.

            “Who? Is it Je Joon again?” asked Ji Hyeon.

            “Who else then?” asked Won Ho back.

            “Throw it out, jebal [please],” said Ji Hyeon.

            Hyung, stop it already,” said Min Hyuk.

            Won Ho throw the spider toy towards Ji Hyeon. Ji Hyeon fainted when the spider toy got her, but I.M fetched her body so she didn’t fell on the floor.

            “Look what you’ve done!” said Shownu.

            Noona, wake up,” said I.M while touching her face.

            “She must be really scared,” said Min Hyuk.

            Noona, wake up,” said Ki Hyun while checking her condition.

            “You always make her faint,” said Hyung Won.

            “Let’s move her on the couch,” said I.M.

            I.M carries Ji Hyeon’s body and put her down on the couch. Ki Hyun uses his jacket to cover Ji Hyeon’s leg again.

            “She is gonna be alright, right?” asked Won Ho.

            “You are too much,” said Hyung Won.

            Meanwhile, Han Gi is awake because of the noise.

            “What happened?” asked Han Gi.

            “You are awake?” asked Joo Heon back. “Ji Hyeon Noona fainted,”

            “Why?” asked Han Gi.

            “Won Ho Hyung teaser her with spider toy,” answer Joo Heon.

            “She is really afraid of spider,” said Han Gi. “Even Jin Yi afraid of spider too,”

            As he heard Jin Yi’s name, Hyung Won turned his face.

            “That Jin Yi afraid of spider too?” asked Hyung Won.

            Han Gi nodded.

            “It must be really good if she was here too,” said Hyung Won.

            “Are you gonna with spider toy too?” asked Han Gi.

            “Thanks for the information,” said Hyung Won.

            “Don’t do that,” said Han Gi. “Because Jin Yi has arachnophobia, she even can’t handle little spider,”

            “For real?” asked Hyung Won.

            Han Gi checks Ji Hyeon’s condition.

            “Why she didn’t awake yet?” asked Shownu.

            “Look what you’ve done, Hyung,” said Min Hyuk.

            Han Gi search for something on her sling bag.

            “Here,” said Han Gi while hand the medicated oil to Ki Hyun.

            Ki Hyun use the medicated oil to wake Ji Hyeon up. Slowly, Ji Hyeon regain her consciousness.

            “Ji Hyeon-a…” said Won Ho.

            Ji Hyeon opens her eyes.

            Gwaenchanha [Are you okay]?” asked Ki Hyun.

            Ki Hyun helps her to sit on the couch.

            Gwaenchanha [Are you okay]?” asked Won Ho while sitting beside Ji Hyeon.

            Ji Hyeon hits Won Ho’s arm.

            “I am scared to death, you know,” said Ji Hyeon.

            Ji Hyeon hits Won Ho again.

            Arasseo, arasseo, mianhae [I got it, I got it, sorry],” said Won Ho while hugged Ji Hyeon.

            Ji Hyeon tried to push Won Ho. But Won Ho is too strong.

            Hyung, let go of her,” said Min Hyuk.

            Won Ho let Ji Hyeon go.

            “Han Gi-ya, let’s go home,” said Ji Hyeon.

            “Are you angry?” asked I.M.

            “This past 11 pm,” answer Ji Hyeon.

            Geuraedo mianhae [But still I am sorry],” said Won Ho.

            “If you do something like that again, I’ll be really mad,” said Ji Hyeon.

            Ji Hyeon gives the jacket back to Ki Hyun. Ki Hyun, Min Hyuk, Won Ho and Joo Heon escorts Han Gi to the parking lot.

            “Are you sure you can drive?” asked Ki Hyun.

            Ji Hyeon nodded.

            “Take care on your way,” said Min Hyuk.

            Ji Hyeon and Han Gi get in the car. Ji Hyeon looked at Ki Hyun and Ki Hyun gives her a code using his hand as he said that he’ll call her later. Ji Hyeon nodded because she got what Ki Hyun’s means.

            “Take care,” said Won Ho.

***

 

            Ji Hyeon just arrived at her home. She checked her phone and she saw a message from Ki Hyun.

            “Oh, he sent a chat already?”

            Ji Hyeon reads a chat from Ki Hyun.

            Ki Hyun: Are you arrived at your home?

            Ji Hyeon: (sent YES sticker)

            Ki Hyun: It’s good. What are you doing now?

            Ji Hyeon: Just laying down on my bed.

            Ki Hyun: Should I go to your home right now to accompany you?

            Ji Hyeon: You don’t know where my home though

            Ki Hyun: I’ll really go there if you sent me your address

            Ji Hyeon: (send NO sticker)

            Ki Hyun: Should I ask Je Joon there? Seems like he knows a lot about you

            Ji Hyeon: I am going to kill him if he tells my address

            Ki Hyun: Wow, you are so vicious. Too vicious until you dare to takes my heart with you.

            Ji Hyeon: Stop with that cringey things

            Ki Hyun: Btw, why did you dressed so prettily today?

            Ji Hyeon: Did you fall for me?

            Ki Hyun: I fall for you since Joseon era

            Ji Hyeon startled as she read that Ki Hyun fall for her since Joseon era. It feels like she is familiar with that kind of thing that related to her and Ki Hyun from Joseon era.

            Ji Hyeon: You are exaggregate

            Ki Hyun: Anyway, don’t dressed too prettily again

            Ji Hyeon: Why?

            Ki Hyun: Because I hate when everyone looked at you

            Ji Hyeon: Are you jealous?

            Ki Hyun: Of course.

            Ki Hyun and Ji Hyeon chatted until Ji Hyeon fall asleep. At the dorm, there’s someone who look at Ki Hyun who really happy while chatting with Ji Hyeon. He looks at Ki Hyun with sad eyes.

 

To be continued…