|3|

The Wedding Date, (REBOOT)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Unconsciously the brunette snuggled closer to Jongin, enjoying the warmth emitting from his body. She slowly wrapped her arms around his firm torso. A smile played on her lips as she took in his intoxicating scent. Oh, how she missed that scent, how she missed his warm embrace. Yet, somehow it felt different. Everything did. His embrace indeed warm was quite different. His smell indeed sweet wasn’t the same. Perhaps he had changed his cologne? After all, it’s been a year since they’ve last seen each other, wait a year?

Haneul’s eyes fluttered open. She was indeed clinging onto someone but that someone wasn’t at all who she thought it was. Her hazel orbs locked with a familiar hypnotizing pair she felt her cheeks flush a deep crimson red. Why does she always embarrass herself in his presence? Why? She quickly removed her arms from the man’s waist and began fanning herself desperately trying to make the redness go away. She heard a deep chuckle resonating from her side and opted to pray for the ground to open up and swallow her whole but then again they weren’t on solid ground they were suspended in the air so that would be useless, wouldn’t it?

Jongin was clearly enjoying the sight before him, there’s never a dull moment with her around. Is there?

Clearing , she managed a quick “I’m sorry” before focusing her gaze elsewhere. Thankfully the pilot’s voice rang through the air, “We are currently preparing to land, please remain seated and fasten your seatbelts"

A small smirk made its way onto the brunette’s face as she pictured her ex-fiancée’s reaction at the sight of her much awaited appearance with Jongin, the man of the hour. Her first love was a self-centered and proud man, I don’t even know what I saw in him in the first place, I must have been too out of my mind, too in love with him to notice his flaws (which were many, by the way), too entranced by his sweet words and actions to see his true nature, his ugly self.

After all when we’re in love we tend to not see the bad side of someone. That’s the pathetic part of being in love. Sometimes even the worst person can seem like the best person in the eyes of the one who loves them dearly and deeply.

Her ex would most probably be thinking (and hoping) that she was still hung up on him, that she was still in love with him and maybe, just maybe, a part of her, a tiny, insignificant part still has feelings for him but her hatred and anger had already consumed too much of her. She wasn’t the same girl she once was. The girl whose life revolved around him and only him. The girl who couldn’t bear living without him. She wasn’t that girl. She wasn’t that weak. Not anymore.

He was most probably looking forward to seeing her by her lonesome, looking all pitiful and lost and alone.

Haneul snickered, boy is he in for a surprise.

She glanced at Jongin and noticed that he had already changed into a more suitable attire. The man looked so mouthwateringly good in his black one-piece suit that hugged his body like a second skin. The red neck-tie he opted for perfectly matched her chosen outfit. He looked like a model who came out of a pricey photo shoot. Pride swelled in her chest at the thought of him being all hers, as the contract had stated of course, her very own (fake) boyfriend.

But then again something seemed off with their wardrobe choice, it was too…too perfect.

"If you're going to wear this tie I can't wear this dress"

Jongin raised a questioning eyebrow in response, "And why not?"

"Because I don't want us to look like we're trying too hard. I want us to look like we fit but not like we're trying to look like we fit”, she looked at the driver and asked him to pullover at any nearby café.

Jongin glanced at her for a few moments, his orbs glistening with amusement, "So you don't want us to look desperate"

Haneul nodded her head rather excitedly, “Exactly!”

Soon enough the driver came to a halt in front of a nice looking café. Jongin thanked the man and signaled for him to wait.

This girl is really something else.

He chuckled under his breath and headed towards the café where she was waiting for him.

After trying about a dozen of dresses, four actually, but in Jongin’s mind the number was a bit exaggerated, Haneul couldn’t quite make up her mind.

On the other side, Jongin kept on cussing under his breath regretting the moment he stepped inside this place. He was never a patient guy to begin with and his client’s indecisiveness was driving him crazy.

Three more dresses later, (that looked identical in Jongin’s mind) the brunette came out of the bathroom adorning a strapless black dress that did her curvaceous body justice.

The young man checked her out from head to toe before giving her a thumbs up, "That one, it’s perfect”

He hoped she’d listen to him and choose this goddamn dress, it’s just a dress for crying out loud not rocket science. How hard could it be to choose a dress? My God they all look the same anyway. , this is so frustrating.

“I don't know…I think this dress makes me look fat" she said as she twirled around.

Jongin mentally face-palmed, I definitely did not sign up for this.

"I'll go change", she said as she went inside the bathroom.

Kill me. Can somebody please kill me?

A sigh exasperated sigh escaped his lips as soon as she disappeared behind the closed door, “Girls" he grumbled.

A third party interrupted his moment of agony, "I think the red one suits her best"

Jongin glared at the nosy waiter who scurried away in fear.

He snorted as he saw Haneul wearing a bright yellow dress, “Hell no, you look like a ing light bulb”

The girl let out a giggle clearly agreeing with his statement.

“I say you should go with the red one”

Both heads snapped towards the intruder’s voice. Haneul looked a bit wary while Jongin wanted nothing more than rip this man’s head off of his shoulders. How dare he look at her that way or any way? Wait, why am I being like this? Why do I care? I shouldn’t.

He tried to shrug this weird feeling away before addressing the waiter with a not-so-friendly tone, "Don't you have something better to do?”

His voice came out harsher than he had intended and that alone made the waiter immediately flee the scene. Jongin shook his head with a chuckle at the absurdity of the situation.

"That was odd", Haneul smiled.

Just looking at her smile made him smile, indeed it was.

After trying on five more dresses much to Jongin’s dismay she decided to go with the red one.

"Okay, I think this is the one", Haneul said as she stepped out of the bathroom.

"The red one, are you sure?”

Jongin raised an eyebrow in response, his lips curving upwards forming a teasing smirk. Haneul simply shrugged her shoulders and went on to wear her black pumps.

"You sure this is the one?”

He repeated as the latter simply nodded.

"Positive?"

He questioned yet again, taking tentative steps towards her. She had been saying that for the last ten dresses she tried on before finding some unexplainable glitches within them, I will never understand how a woman’s mind works. I don’t even want to. Damn I think I’ve aged ten years just by sitting here.

In Jongin’s eyes she looked absolutely breathtaking in every dress she put on, well except the yellow one, that one was completely hideous, she should definitely burn it. He shuddered as he visualized the dress in his mind, definitely.

Her voice snapped him back to reality.

“Positive”, she confirmed with a smile.

Jongin couldn’t help but glance at her perfectly round that was accentuated by that tight dress of hers. He bit his lip and tried to shake off any inappropriate thoughts. Glancing at her innocent expression, a smile made its way onto his face, “Shall we?”

Haneul giggled and looped her arm through his, “We shall”

The word “nervous” wouldn’t do justice to describe the turmoil going inside her. Was she truly ready to face everyone?

Was she truly ready to face him?

Was she?

Jongin took notice of her jittery state and softly squeezed her arm to reassure her that everything was going to be alright, oddly enough that simple gesture managed to calm her senses.

“Don’t worry it’s going to be fine. I’m here with you, you’re not alone”

His voice was soothing and his confident aura made his words all the more believable, “Just follow my lead”

His smile made her stomach erupt into beautiful butterflies, get a grip on yourself Jung Haneul!

Jongin held her hand and skillfully intertwined their fingers. Her face burned in response, damn it, what the hell is wrong with me? She could

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter