Crime #6

CRIMINAL PERSONA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Noise could be heard from the Detective Division of Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency’s bullpen. Many detectives gathered at a table, crowding their fellow detective’s phone. Many ‘ooh’-s and ‘ah’-s heard as the phone’s owner showed something in his phone to them.

From afar, you might think the detectives gathered for some case related and they were discussing. But they weren’t. They gathered for different reason that also as important as their case.

“Look at this,” the phone’s owner, Hong Jinkyung from the major crime unit, said, showing to the crowd a picture he just got forty minutes before. “She’s dressed!” he exclaimed in disbelieve, looking at the picture himself.

“Is it makeup? She’s wearing makeup?!”

“Damn! It is! She’s playing princess!”

Many awed at the rare transformation they just witness from a mere picture. But their awed expression turned sour as Jinkyung’s finger slid to the next picture.

“What the heck is this?!” Nam Ilhyung shouted out loud.

“How dare he?!” Kim Jaehwan couldn’t believe what he was seeing.

“His hand!”

“We have to give him some lesson!” Noh Hyunsik said while cracking his knuckles.

Jinkyung who had see the pictures he showed at his comrades nodded in agreement. Those were exactly his reaction when he first got the picture himself. Just before he went off to work, a junior from the university that came from the same village as him sent him the pictures. The junior was servicing at traffic management and accidentally witnessed firsthand.

“Good morning everyone!” a cheerful voice echoing through the room, broke their concentration and in unison, they turned their head in synchronization. “Whoaa... you guys are so cohesive!” she amazed. “What are you looking at? New evidence?” she walked entering the bullpen.

Jaehwan noted all the guys wore the same expression, their eyes turned into slit as they looked at the object of their concern of the day. She put effort dressing up today, they noted. And they really didn’t like it. Her sleeveless top just too girly and the low heeled boot just too much and as she walked to them, they could see a trace of faint makeup painted at her face, and – oh, thank God… she didn’t discard the jeans for such a mini pants or worst mini skirt.

As if realizing the deathly glares directed at her, she stopped at her track.

“Eh, why…?” she timidly asked.

Feeling responsible, Jaehwan pushed him body up from the seat and showed his phone to her. “Can you explain about this?”

And her pretty jaw dropped.

**

For second day in a row, Sandara really hoped there’s a black hole somewhere in the headquarters, so she could jump in and wouldn’t see the faces that watching intently at her at this very moment. Cold sweats started to form at her forehead as she looked at the picture that displayed at Hong Jinkyung’s phone.

Her picture.

Her picture and Jiyong last night, with Jiyong’s hand at the small of her back.

She remembered it of course, since it only happened last night. But the picture really looked worst than what actually happened. In the picture Jiyong had his hand at her back, guiding her entering his car. The dimly lit picture made it look like a scene from an 18 rated movie where the guy picked a random drunk girl for a fun of the night. And the background picture of the street full of bars and night clubs wasn’t help either.

Of course it was far from the truth!

Last night after their meal, Sandara in mood for a drink or two, and the gentleman that she realized Jiyong was, decided to fulfill her wish in hope to cheer her day up. Yes, she was slightly drunk, but she still had her brain intact. And he brought her back to her own place.

“How…?”

Before she finished her question, Jinkyung answered, “Jung Seungho texted me.” He knew what she was about going to ask. “So, your explanation?” Jinkyung prompted.

Just your luck when you’re a police. You can be friends with any police officer from every department and agency. Jung Seungho and she were in the same batch at the university and she now remembered Seungho and Jinkyung came from the same village. The information about her passed to detective division had go around, so she shouldn’t get shocked when Seungho told Jinkyung right away. That they met last night.

Jiyong and she were about to enter the club when Seungho called her and they exchanged pleasantries. She should know better!

Jung Seungho was going to be a death meat when she had the opportunity to meet him again in the future. She promised to herself.

“What’s your relationship with the new pathologist guy?” Junho question brought her back to reality.

“Do we need a brotherly talk to this guy?” Song Taehee added.

Sandara stared Taehee in disbelieve, how dare this kid treated her like he was older than her, which in reality, he was the real maknae of the team!

“Yah, Song Taehee!” she cried, “I’m your sunbae and I’m also older than you!”

But he didn’t cower and stared back at her in challenge. “But I’m a male.” He replied, like his answer cleared everything.

“Park Sandara, don’t try to divert our attention and answer the questions.” Junho warned her. “Why you were went to the night club with the new guy? We don’t know him yet! How if he took advantage of you--,”

“Oh please,” Sandara cut his speech. “He was only trying to cheer me up, I had a rough day yesterday, remember? And why would he took advantage from me, his face alone can invite any girl who prettier and younger than me,” her answer shut them up at once. But she didn’t like the look at their faces. Suddenly she wanted them to interr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter