Crime #3

CRIMINAL PERSONA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A ray of sunlight crept through the gap between the curtain, fell on Sandara eyes as she began to scrunch her face with the sudden attention from the nature. Slowly, her eyes opened and the foggy surrounding greeted her. She blinked several times to make clear her view and in instant feeling alarmed with the foreign surrounding.

At once she bolted up from the unfamiliar bed and groggily detected the door direction and made a dash toward it. She walked out in caution tried to recall where she was but her brain failed to remember the event that happened the previous night. Just as she began to put pieces in her puzzled head, a voice greeted her.

“Good morning, Detective Park.”

Kwon Jiyong, yet in another pair of dashing outfit stood before a stove. He turned his head to her direction for a brief moment and smiled.

“I see you’re a morning person despite your lack of sleep for these past days.” His comment was like a reminder with her appearance. And recognition flooded her at once.

She must fell asleep at the way home last night and Jiyong had no choice but to bring her to his own place. She could turn to be a heavy sleeper once in a while, especially after a long work like these past three days.

“I’m sorry for being a trouble,” she apologized, bowed her head to him.

“No trouble at all, glad to be there when you need help.” He waved her off. “Please sit, breakfast ready in a minute, or you need to use bathroom first?.” He said in a matter of fact, but to Sandara the second choice was a reminder that she was quite a sight.

“C-can I use the bathroom first?” she asked with flaming face.

“Sure, just use the one in my room and I can lend you my clothes if you want.” Another jab, in other words he wanted to tell her she needed to change her clothes.

She really wanted to slap herself and the wake up in her own place and this was just a dream. But no, fate tormented her with this embarrassing moment.

“O-okay.” She said in defeat.

Jiyong stopped his cooking to lead her to his room.

“The spare toothbrush is under the sink.” He told her. “You can wear any clothes in my closet.” He said before closed the door behind him.

Sandara moved to lock the door then inspected the room. The room is larger than the one she woke up in earlier. The bathroom and walk in closet was side by side and attached by adjoined passage, but one can access any of them from the bedroom.

What a spacious place. Being a pathologist must earned more than what a detective make a year to be able afford a place like this.

**

Jiyong put his book aside as he heard his bedroom door been opened. He couldn’t help but smile seeing Sandara walked out from his room in his striped dress shirt and jeans that looked too big for her small frame, but she pulled it right, her long hair was wet from the shower hanging loose behind her back – and from distance he could smell his soap and shampoo from her. His possessive nature soared at the sight, feeling pleased. He wouldn’t mind to repeat this particular event.

“Milk or tea? I’m sorry I can’t offer some coffee because I don’t drink it and don’t have any.” He grinned, honestly didn’t feel any sorry.

Sandara took the opposite seat of him before answered, “Milk is okay. I’m not a coffee drinker either myself.” She told him.

He noted the information in his mind for future purpose. Who knows what stored for him, right?

“Thank you.” Sandara said, “Not for the meal, but for yesterday.” She added.

Jiyong stopped his hands movement and stared at her. She looked flushed under his gaze.

“Well, thank you for the meal. But my earlier thank you was for your help yesterday – the shoes.”

He nodded in acknowledgement. “You’re welcome.”

“And thank you for your hospitality last night and this morning,”

Jiyong noticed her face was getting redder and redder. He felt bad for enjoying her discomfort, but she really looked cute. Vanished any trace about her being a police detective.

“Sure.” He decided to put her out of misery.

They went to work together, after a quick stop in Sandara place – her request was to bring her to her place then they off to work at their own, but since their destination was same he simply wait for her for whatever reason she needed to do, not to change clothes because she was still wearing his clothes when she back to his car – and gas station. He didn’t fill his tank instead he got out from the car and took out a gas can from the trunk and filled it.

“For your car.” he explained at her puzzled face after he went in, put on his seatbelt, and drove off.

“I forget. Let me pay for it.” she said to him, rummaging her small backpack.

 “It’s okay. Next time just buy me a meal.” He dismissed once she got her wallet.

“But,”

“Just buy me a meal next time.” He gave her a victorious smile. She really looked very cute with her large eyes stared at him like that.

**

Writing report wasn’t something Sandara enjoy since she joined with the detective division. She could do a great job in writing the report but she didn’t enjoy it. The action side that been introduced to her in the past six months took better fondness to her than sitting in front of computer typing what her brain remember from what happened. A part of her said she had spent too much time in squeezing her brain dry to type. But the report of Kim Daegu’s case must be finished today so could be proceeded to the prosecutor.

“Sandara, you’re dressing nice today, huh?” She knew to whom the voice belong, but she ignored it. In her heart she muttered some curses to Kim Jaehwan, the fellow detective in violent crime unit. He even had the nerve to whistle, drawing the others’ attention to them.

“Sunbaenim, stop it!” she hissed, but h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter