Only The Best For You

Hear The Wind Sing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hwang Sinb considers herself a good friend.

She may seem like a self-centered girl who always keeps to herself, but in truth, she always looked out for her friends. You mess with her friends, and she'll get back at you with the meanest group of mafia-looking kids to keep you in line.

She wasn't a troublemaker, but if getting in trouble was the only way to fight for her friends, she'll gladly take on the title of a delinquent any day.

Hwang Sinb just wanted what's best for her friends...especially her best friend, Choi Yuju.

 

***

 

Choi Yuju was the opposite.

Yes, she looks out for her friends, but sometimes, well, most of the times actually, she was the one needed to be taken care of.

She was too nice for her own good, most people always say. She'd gladly give a third of her pocket money for any hobo who asked for it- even if it's always the same hobo who taking her kindness for granted. She'd even run across a street bustling with cars, just to save a little kitty drenched in the rain.

She was an angel walking on earth. Her tears were precious.

And that's why Sinb took it upon herself to look out for her the most. Call it a habit for having been the one to always save Yuju from bullies since kindergarten or maybe it's just a plain overprotectiveness for her best friend.

Sinb just needed to protect Yuju.

That includes protection from boys-or girls-who's out to break her heart.

No, Sinb doesn't beat those who asks Yuju out. She just talk with them, gets to know them to make sure they're okay. In fact, most of them initiates and approaches her during lunch breaks or dismissal. That was a plus point, really. That meant they know and acknowledge Sinb's place in Yuju's life.

 

***

 

Currently, there's a boy named Jeongkook trying to pursue Yuju.

Jeongkook was a nice guy, according to some people. He was in Sinb's class and he was even her partner in a History project once. They weren't friends, but they were surely past the acquaintance stage. They talked comfortably about spontaneous stuff.

He seemed like the perfect guy for her bestfriend, but a gut feeling told her otherwise. She wasn't completely blocking him out, though. She let the guy sit with them during lunch, and when she can't accompany Yuju home, she let him do it.

 

***

 

It was their school foundation week when Sinb finally found out Jeongkook's true nature and realized something as well.

Sinb's class collaborated with Yuju's class. Her group and Yuju's group combined and were assigned to build a food stand.

Sinb and Jeongkook were the ones assigned to buy their supplies, and so, Sinb took this opportunity to talk more with Jeongkook. And it was fine until...

"So, I heard Seokmin likes Yuju, too." The brunette casually said as they carried the supplies towards the gym, where the others were.

"Yeah. I heard it, too." Jeongkook answered uninterestedly.

Sinb narrowed her eyes at him. "You don't mind? You're...not jealous or anything?"

Jeongkook chuckled and nudged Sinb on the elbow. "Come on, Sinb... it happens, right? Between you and me, friend to friend, you know she'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter