Another day for bond

Share House

                “I’M BORED!!” sudden shout from Karina make everyone in the house surprise. They could briefly guess what happen since it is summer vacation but she never get chance to go anywhere as she’s busy with campus’s project and she only happen to be at home on that day.

                Keito goes to living room where that girl decides to ‘roll’ around on the floor and asks, “The project still on-going?”

                Karina slightly lift up her head before explain in tired tone, “We barely in the middle of the progress but things suddenly turn to worse when our client decide to rethink about what they want for the project. None of us can do anything until they decide what we should do.” Soon after that, she returns back to her previous position.

                “But you’re part of documentation and tester, right?” say Keito as he goes to kitchen to grab a drink.

                “That part is the most difficult one since it was me who need to handle the client. When I ask what kind of change they want, they casually reply, ‘we will tell you after we return back to Japan’. I have to hold my anger in front of them.” Whine Karina as she slowly becomes ball.

                “It must be hard to be part of Big 5 of the campus.” Keito say that in casual tone. He makes drinks for himself and set one for Karina on table near her.

                Jimin come out from his room to see what happen and curious when hear that term, “I always heard about that but I don’t know what it is. What is Big 5?”

                “That’s just a group that people call for second year of IT students since they join campus projects. Everyone really admire them as they are practically in control of the school.” Explain Keito.

                Karina lazily says without change her position, “I only accept it because I can get little pay from it and chance to learn something from others. People always say how amazing we are but we are just a group of dorks like to prank each other when we get chance.”

                Rin appear at the living room and gives suggestion, “If you don’t have anything to do today, why don’t you go out? There’s must be somewhere you can go.”

                “I don’t know where I can go during time like this.” Say Karina before she buries her face in cushion.

                Jimin remember something and take out a pamphlet, “How about we go out for this summer festival today? It’s nearby to our place.”

                “Firework? That would be nice since tomorrow all of us will go back to our hometown.” Say Keito.

                Karina spring up when hear work ‘festival’ and says, “If like that, we should wear yukata to enjoy the festival!”

                “I will wear my own clothes since it is more comfortable.” Say Rin.

                “We don’t have time to rent any yukata.” Say Keito after he checks the detail on the pamphlet.

                “OH! About that, you don’t have to worry about that because I have few yukata for both females and males.” Say Karina. She jumps off form the couch and dashes to somewhere.

                She re-appears for few minutes after that with a box in her hand. She drops it on the floor and says, “All of you can choose which one you want to wear.”

                The other three really surprise to see the box fill with yukata. Jimin asks, “How you can get all of this?”

                “Oh! These are mine and I have been collecting it for few years. I always like to get one with simple pattern.” Say Karina. She takes one of it and says, “I will wear this since this is my favorite.”

                “There is no way you interested to collect male yukata.” Say Rin. She could understand if that girl likes to collect yukata but usually someone will do that based on their preference.

                Karina giggles before says, “Actually, I had wear male yukata and go out for festival last year. I’m having so much fun with my friends.”

                “How you could do that?” ask Jimin.

                “I have learnt to wear Japanese traditional clothing for both male and female when I was kid. I have confident with my skill as I had work part-time in this field of work before.” Karina says that with happy tone.

*******************

                Four of them arrive at festival venue and the most excited person is Karina and Jimin. Keito notice Rin doesn’t show any emotion and he asks, “You don’t like festival?”

                “It’s not that I don’t like festival… I can’t remember when the last time I join this kind of event…” says Rin.

                “We should enjoy our time here~!” sing Karina before she run to somewhere.

                Keito notice that and quickly tell them, “Jimin, you should walk around here with Rin since it would be better if we in pairs.”

                “I can show him around. You better follow her as soon as possible since Eriko-san told me that girl really easy to get lost when she’s really excited.” Say Rin.

                Jimin asks, “What we should do first?”

                “Let’s get something to eat first as I’m really hungry.” Say Rin. Both of them go to yakisoba stall that happen to be near them.

                Jimin says, “This place really nice! I never have fun like this before as it always practice!”

                “Are you aiming to become an idol?” ask Rin.

                “Yeah, that’s what I want to become and I have been work hard to achieve it.” Say Jimin. He sound really confident but hasn’t notice he almost drop his yakisoba. He move really fast to rescue it and says, “I almost waste this tasty meal.”

                Rin giggles to see that and says, “It just a normal yakisoba.”

                “Normal for you but special for me as I get to see how beautiful you are when you giggle.” Say Jimin.

                “Please refrain yourself talking like that to me as I really hate it.” Say Rin. She quickly finish her portion before says, “You should try games here. I bet you won’t able to defeat me.”

                They play various game and Jimin tries really hard since Rin really good in most game that they play. He asks, “How you can be so good in games like this?”

                “I’m always good in game.” Say Rin.

                “Wow, that’s a lot of prizes that you get.” They hear Karina’s voice not far from them and turn to see that girl walks towards them with Keito not far behind.

                Keito seem a bit tired and when being ask if anything happen, he replies, “I never been in such fast-pace to enjoy everything while make sure she doesn’t wander off too far.”

                “That is not that fast like how you picture it. It just we don’t really have any break while keep moving around.” Say Karina as she jumps a bit as she still has the energy. She says, “We should get to our next place before the fireworks begin.”

                Karina lead them to higher place that seem not many there before says, “This is the best place to watch fireworks and I got to know about this place from previous Big 5.”

                “Karina-chan, you look really kawaii in that yukata!” someone dashes towards them and pull Karina into tight hug.

                Karina struggle to break free from the hug while ask, “What are you doing here, Sayuri-senpai?”

                “Of course I’m here to watch the fireworks with my future-husband! It already becomes tradition for us to come here ever since we were student.” Say Sayuri-senpai. She notices the other three behind her junior and says, “Oh! You bring someone who is other than those guys this year. So, which one of those two is your lover?”

                “What are you talking about? We are housemates and we just want to enjoy the fireworks.” Karina pushes Sayuri a bit while scold her, “Just get back to your future husband as it will become soon.”

                They only have few seconds before the fireworks begin and that help Karina to avoid more questions from anyone about happen. The fireworks show last for few minutes and it appear in various shapes.

******************

                On the next day, everyone is getting ready to go back home for their long vacation but it seem only one person who seem really relax. That person is Karina who is in the middle of enjoying her breakfast while watching some TV show.

                Jimin drags his luggage and surprise to see that girl that makes him asks, “You will leave later?”

                “No…” Karina seems searching for words, “…I’m actually stayed back for the vacation. There is no one at home right now and I have to make some reading.”

                “Don’t you will feel lonely to stay alone?” ask Keito. He want to stay when know that but he already has plan for the vacation that he can’t cancel.

                Karina take sip of her coffee before says, “I will be just fine~! I already use to it and I will spend most of my time at campus.”

                Rin pulls her luggage to the front door and says, “Just don’t make phone call at midnight to tell us how you’re lonely at home! I don’t want to sacrifice my sleep again!”

                “That is only one time that I did that! I just happen to be really hungry at that time.” Whine Karina but that playful air around her turn to tense once the door close where three of them leave the house. She cracks her neck and asks, “What I should do first?”