Set-up

Share House

                After few minutes, those four take their seats at their preferred seats in that living room. The gentleman guy becomes the first one to say, “I’m Keito, second-year student of art and performance.”

                The weird accent guy says, “I’m Jimin and I’m taking same course and in same year with Keito. Forgive my weird way of talking because I’m from Korea.”

                “I’m Karina who in love and hate relationship with IT studies.” Say the headphones girl casually.

                When the other girl realizes she’s the only one who has not introduce yet, she bluntly says, “I’m Rin and I’m taking language studies.”

                “It looks like all four of us will be in same year.” Say Keito. The atmosphere seem a bit tense as they never know each other before even attend the same campus.

                “How you guys found this share house?” ask Karina as she really curios about that. She fixes her sit posture when she begin feel pain at her back due to uncomfortable position but still make sure her doesn’t touch Keito who sit in same couch with her.

                “I found through post at campus and I gave phone call where I get to short interview with the house’s owner before she tells me when I can move in.” says Keito.

                Jimin says, “My situation quite similar with Keito but I get a list of possible boarding house.”

                “My mom knows this house’s owner and we manage things as my mom doesn’t believe me to stay by myself.” Say Karina.

                Rin a bit surprise to hear that and says, “My dad also know this house’s owner… how that could happen?”

                “Of course both of you know since both of you are my beloved nieces.” A voice surprise them and it appear from the front door.

                They turn to see who it is and the girls recognize her that makes them say in unison, “Eriko-san! What are you doing here?”

                “Of course I want to check both of you and also the two handsome guys as I get responsible to look after you.” Say a lady in biker outfit as she walks to the living room.

                “Care to explain anything that we should know?” ask Rin while crosses her arms. She notice that lady mention that she and Karina are her niece but there one problem, they never meet each other before as that is their first time.

                That lady casually take seat on empty couch before says, “Hi, my name’s Eriko, the owner of this house. Karina-chan, Rin-chan, both of you is my niece but Karina-chan is my niece while Rin-chan is my husband’s niece. It not weird that both of you never know about each other as I rarely meet up with everyone.”

                “Yeah, you and uncle always travel around the world and hardly join any family gathering.” Mumble Karina under her breath.

                Eriko quickly reach Karina’s cheek to pull it while saying, “I heard that and you don’t have sneaky enough to bash about me. Even it is true but I have my own reason.”

                Keito wonder about something and asks, “What make you come here today, Mrs. Eriko?”

                “You don’t have to be too formal with me. Just call me by name. I’m here to check all of you and I want to make sure all of you feel comfortable here.” Say Eriko after let go Karina’s cheek that already red.

                “You only here before you leave for another trip. Where are you going after this?” ask Rin.

                “I will go to England next week but I want to check on you guys first.” Say Eriko.

                Keito happily says, “England? I really miss to go there.”

                “I know because you have been there before.” say Eriko before she adds, “I will bring gifts for all of you when I return later.” She turns to Jimin to say, “You can depend on them as you just move here, right? Well, I’m not really recommending Karina-chan.”

                “I’m really excited to be here as I always want to continue my studies here.” Say Jimin, happily as he looks jumps up and down a bit.

                Everyone could see Karina is annoyed with Eriko’s words but that only for few seconds before she stands up and says, “We should celebrate it since it is our first day in this house.”

                “How about we cook something here? I already stock-up the stock on everything that you would like to cook.” Say Eriko and it looks like she’s talking with one person.

                Karina still rubbing her cheek where she gets pinch when she replies, “If we get enough ingredient, we can prepare delicious stew.”

                “You know how to prepare it?” ask Keito.

                “That is one of least dishes that she knows how to prepare. It’s a waste since her mom is a great cook. Everyone always wants to taste her cooking.” Say Eriko.

                Karina doesn’t hear that as she already walk to kitchen to check everything. She opens ever drawers and cupboards before says, “We can prepare more than that. Eriko-san, you even have complete set of spices. Where you could get hold of these things?”

                “Oh! It was Bidou who got it since he thinks you would love it. He still can’t forget your spice omelette that you prepare before.” say Eriko.

                Karina seem a bit disgust when remember that, “How he could happily eat that when everyone else totally couldn’t stand the taste? That is just my experiment and he totally devours it.”

                “What you put inside it?” ask Jimin and after Karina list out what she used, he could only say, “No wonder…  Just how he could handle it?”

                “My uncle’s taste a bit weird and no one could understand that.” says Rin. She knows her uncle quite well as he’s the least person who close to her.

                Karina fixes her hair clip to hold her long hair properly while saying, “I should begin cook as it usually take time to ready.”

                “I will help you.” Say Eriko while others decide to return to their room to unpack their things.

                After few minutes, Rin come down to kitchen and says, “I’m bored. Can I help you with anything?”

                “You can prepare drink for all of us.” Say Eriko. She takes out cut-out fruits and says, “You can just blend this and add a little bit of water.”

                “Will I be okay for it?” ask Rin. She a bit worries as she never cooks before.

                Eriko notices her niece’s worries and gently says, “I will watch over you since Karina-chan will be okay by herself.”

****************

                After they finish eating, everyone lounging at the living room and Karina serve warm tea for them. She says, “I’m happy all of you enjoy it!”

                “You such a good cook!” say Keito when Karina serve tea for him and let her to take seat beside him.

                Eriko says, “I may not around after this but I trust in all of you to take care of this house. This house is really special for me.”

                “If it really special, why would you decide to rent it out to us?” ask Jimin.

                “Bidou and I always travel around and rarely home. I would prefer there people staying in this house rather than let it vacant but I don’t just choose anyone to stay here. I choose carefully; someone that I could put my trust.” Say Eriko as she enjoys her tea.

                “So, you’re basically set-up us here because we will take care of the house for you?” Rin make the guess and Eriko only smile to heat that.