Part 3

Love O2O: Mingyu x Tzuyu

3 years is not easy for Tzuyu and Mingyu. As the popularity of both group skyrocketing through the entertainment industry, their schedules are hectic. Variety, drama appearances, MVs and CFs shootings, recordings, tours, practices, all overlapping each other. They have so little time to meet and go on conventional dates – oddly, the treasure hunt and battles date in DoJ make up for the lack of dates. They both understand that how hard idol life is, so they never bother to let schedules as an excuse for weakness. It seems untrue but this is just how Tzuyu and Mingyu relationship works. 

Sometimes Tzuyu also can't believe herself, first relationship ever with a very supportive and loving partner. How lucky could she be? She becomes top idol, get into the university of her dream, become top 10 in her favourite online games and have a boyfriend altogether – It's all perfect. On top of that, her parents love Mingyu very much. Tzuyu's father very impressed by his manner and intelligence, despite false thoughts that Mingyu must be a typical flamboyant celebrity. And don't get started on her mother, she is as ecstatic as the daughter. Vice versa, Mingyu parents seems very accepting of Tzuyu. They meet quite often, everytime Mingyu parents are in town, they'll have dinner together. Mingyu's sister Minah is also very fond of Tzuyu. Well, Tzuyu is very gentle and well-mannered, who wouldn't love her.

So one miraculous day, when Tzuyu, Mingyu and their respective family coincidently decide to go vacation on same dates – Mingyu suggest a big vacation together. Tzuyu not sure whether it's a good idea or not because if they get caught, it'll be very complicated to be explained. However, after years, they learn to ignore this kind of news and always let dispatch roam around because eventually it'll get buried by the agency PR maneuver. She thinks it's a good idea to have a family vacation. In the end, Tzuyu submits to Mingyu's idea.

Which now leads to a call with her mother "Mother, so Mingyu's family plan to have the vacation around the same dates and well..." Tzuyu struggles to find right words to introduce the idea to her mother. How unpredictable Mrs Chou never cease to amaze Tzuyu despite knowing her for more than 20 years. She can say yes because she really loves Mingyu. But she may decline and say that it's strictly family time. "Great! We can go vacation together then"

"You're not going to ask Father or gege first?" she tries to be rational. She's happy that her mother is on board but it's not fair if it's one sided decisions. However, it's Mrs Chou. "No need honey, they listen to me" – True. What her mother wants that what will her mother get. So when Tzuyu knows that her mother really really likes Mingyu, she's on the 7th heaven. She has seen what happen to her gege's girlfriend that her mother didn't approve – she's dumped not long after mother express that she's immature and impolite. Well, Tzuyu didn't like that brat also, she can't even remember her name. Bottomline, Mrs Chou is the ruler of Chou.  

"Okay mother, then it's okay if i choose the destination and organise the tickets and hotels?"

"Sure dear" her mother brightly reply "Send my regards to Mingyu and his family"

"Yes mother, love you"

"Love you too dear"

It went easy. Not as difficult as she imagines. She already notes down arguments to sway her mother, even prepare back up plan to make Mingyu reason with her mother. Guess she didn't have to do any of that. 

The big family vacation is actually happening. Mingyu and Tzuyu agreed on tropical destination – Bahamas, Maldives, Guam or maybe Bali. After all, it's almost winter and they need hot temperature. At the end, they decide for Bali. They rent a huge villa by the beach of Sanur, get everyone's ticket and plan on what to do for the whole week. Well planned holiday, and well executed, and both family clicked really well. It's a fabulous holiday, unfortunately, Mingyu and Tzuyu can't say the same about the aftermath.....

MBC and Dispatch find a way to trace their holiday. They have videos and pictures, very obvious proofs of Mingyu and Tzuyu, with the rest of family. It causes huge ruckus. Tzuyu is pacing. She's very bothered. It's maybe amateur pictures - shaking, low definition but everyone could tell that the man and woman are Mingyu and Tzuyu acting as a couple. Touchy. Lovey dovey. Very drama-ish. At the vacation, she momentarily forgets about her title as an idol and keeps her guard down. She rarely does that. And from the pictures, it's very obvious that Tzuyu is very relaxed and comfortable around Mingyu. 

"Tzuuu, just...be chill" Mingyu still as calm as he always is. But no, Tzuyu can't be chill. It's bigger news than before. Before they don't have fans on fan war, or sites that boycotted them, or paparazzi shoving the question aggressively to their face. No, never before. She can't just be chill. Park-sajangnim already told Tzuyu that she can ignore as usual, well he also advises to come up with a statement. To confirm.  

She considers to admit but what if confirming will make everything worst. She doesn't want to hurt other members or the fans. They're precious to her, yet he's also as precious as them. Twice and fans have been with her from the start, then Mingyu comes along. She's conflicted. She's confused. Pacing, Tzuyu is close to mental breakdown. 

Deep down inside, she afraid that confirm will change everything. And there's a worst possibility, no matter how unpleasant the thought is - she can't help but learn from another idol. They confirm then later break up. Over the years in the entertainment industry, she has seen Seolhyun and Zico, Hani and Junsu, Uee and Kangnam, Joohyuk and Sungkyung, Krystal and Kai, and countless sunbae idols confirm and went to break up. She didn't want that for them. Confirm will change how fans treated you, and maybe will lead to more stress in the relationship. And in the dark sad possibility, Mingyu could leave her...She doesn't want that to happen. 

It's....

"Tzuyu...calm down" Mingyu, with worry painted in his eyes scoop her to his shoulder. She's so light that he can do it with one hand. He carried her to the bedroom and gently place her in her bed. He always did this when Tzuyu close to burst of stress. Finally settled in the corner of her bed, Tzuyu is silent. Her thoughts finally on a break. She's just tired. "Now, stop overthinking everything and go to sleep"

"Hn" she tries to shove away all the worry. She really tries. But trying only make her more stressed...in the end, she can't help but cry. At first, it's only rogue tears. And her man, Mingyu could feel his heart breaks when he notices she start crying. She rarely cries. Instinctively he embraces her. He puts her in his lap and Tzuyu naturally rests her face in the crooked of his neck. 

"You don't have to worry, it will all go away" 

"Should we...just....?" she struggled between sobs. Her voice is shaking. She's powerless. She didn't have the energy to complete her sentence. The pent up stress from idol life finally burst. Ticked off when the articles touched the vulnerable part of her life - Mingyu. All the negatives comment about her nationality, talents, weight, skin colour. All the mean haters that disregarding all her efforts. She can deal with that but when it comes to Mingyu, she's just powerless. She didn't want to choose. She didn't want to hurt anyone. 

"I have told long time ago, whether you want to confirm, deny or ignore...I'm always in your side Tzu" Mingyu answer "I will always be on your side, love"

Tzuyu touch by his effort to reassure her. But you never know..."But what if..."

"What if we confirm and then broke up?" he reads her easily...until this moment, Tzuyu never ceases to be amazed by how easy he could read her mind. "That...will never happen" He lightly brush her puffy eyes, wipe off the tears. He smiles and kisses her forehead. "Do you really think I can do that?" 

I love you too much to do that. It's resonating through his eyes and acts. He doesn't need to say it. His warm embrace and gentle fingers that brushing her messy hair away from her beautiful soggy face - she could feel love out of all his action. "And after 3 years with me, you should have known that I never lied" 

And yes, Mingyu is not the type that would lie. He hates it. Lies and liars. Especially about his feelings. He may avoid and hide, but never he lied about how he feels. Which is one of the virtue she loves about him, he's honest. A bit guarded, but honest. She know all long that she can trust him. Especially with her heart. "Just........don't.......leave" 

As she dose off to sleep, he lowly whisper "Never intend to"