Exo - Colors

Exo - Colors

The year 2014 brought a lot of promises. They waited for the rising sun like kids waiting for an ice cream, craving, excited and grateful. But who knew that happiness is short-lived? That the year they promised to stay together, to be better, and to face the future with each other is the year they they'd be broken to pieces. Some stayed intact but the parts that went missing cannot be replaced by anything in this world. The disappointment, sadness, and pain will forever remain in the hearts of the nine guys who stayed in the name of brotherhood.

Year by year, the camera would focus on them after the emcee annouced that they have won another Daesang and the crowd would chant their name like crazy. "EXO! EXO! EXO!" But at the back of their heads, they ask the same question, "Are we still EXO? After five years? After two, three members left? Afterlosing a huge chunk of EXO's identity, are we really still EXO?" ANd they'd reminisce those years when they were still a dozen wearing the same brightly colored clothes just happy sitting in an awards night, hoping but never expecting. At first the'd crowd in front of the camera and crowd in the stage... when did it become so spacious, again? 

It was through hardships that they realized that forever does not mean eternal, that forever ends, but only if you choose it to end. Everything is ephemeral, moments end, time passes, and all the world moves on. Forever never last a lifetime nor an eternity, sometimes forever only lasts seconds like a gif on loop. Only when moments like these stay on a person's memories that it becomes forever. Even if they didn't last forever, at least the memories will.

How beautiful is the setting sun? If it can be described in one word, it will be ironic, for only when the sun sets will colors emerge.  As dusk rolls into the world swallowing everything in darkness, the great ball of fire emitting brilliant shades of pinks, and blues, and oranges like it's war and it won't allow itself to go down without a fight.  And like this stubborn sun EXO will never go gentle into that good night. That even at the last minutes and seconds they will shine, amidst the glaring lights of the stage, the blaring stereos, and defeaning shouts. Until the end they will cast those colors we can only see in black.

---fin---