Lost

Lost

He looked from afar as he saw Junmyeon stand in front of a girl. It was so like him making an awkward proposal like that.  A smirk formed on his lips as he saw them leave. Just like that, Junmyeon is officially not his anymore.

Deja vu?

Is it possible to feel this? Deja vu in reverse? Is this the kind of pain Junmyeon and the other members felt when he left? He was happy, of course he is, so he does not understand where the sting in his heart comes from when the girl and Junmyeon turned, walked away. And just as they were out of sight memories from three years ago started to flood his mind. He couldn't say goodbye, to him and to their "kids." They called him a selfish jerk for leaving, that he betrayed EXO. But only if they knew he never wanted what he did, that if given a chance he would return. It was tough, but in the end he realized he'd be more selfish if he stayed. Maybe that's why his number is 00, because he'd give up everything for Junmyeon, for EXO to be number 1. And they have to be odd to be number 1, right?

So he left, Luhan and Tao too, but they got their own reasons and he got his. Maybe he'd go down in the history of Kpop as the worst leader ever for leaving his group, the people who has become his family for so many years. But look at Chen and Xiumin, even Lay, right now... they are finally getting the attention and fame that they deserve, that being an M member wasn't able to give them. Maybe galaxies are dark so that stars would shine. And he was willing to be that darkness if that meant the other eleven stars would shine even brighter.Maybe that's why he left even if they would not understand. 

For the last time, he looked at the spot where Junmyeon was standing a while ago.  He remembered that time at the beach when Junmyeon waited for him on the shore and hugged him. If he hugged him like that before, would he leave? Junmyeon was not able to do anything when he left. And now after almost three years, they have come a full circle but this time Junmyeon is the one who is leaving, and he's the one who couldn't do anything.

-------

As the tall guy was leaving, a smaller man arrives, his rounded face devoid of any emotion. Finally, he's back, whilst the other will continue wandering unable to go back home. He looks up, dusk is just slowly falling around covering everything with soft darkness. The stars now dust the grayish blue sky, and one by one tears fall from his eyes. 

"Thank you, hyung. Thank you." he murmured. 

---fin---