Market

Flower Boy

 

I woke up the next day and quickly ate my breakfast. When I finished I went outside to see if anybody else was awake. I looked around and of course in the distance was Leo sitting by the flowers. I rolled my eyes and ran to him.

 

"Leo!!" I yelled and jumped onto his back. I must have caught by surprise because he fell flat on the ground grumbling something.

 

"Are you okay?!" I asked him. Leo mumbled something but I couldn't hear him.

 

"What did you say?" I squealed when i was suddenly knocked off his back.

 

"I was trying to tell you to get off me!!" I laughed and apologized.

 

"Why are you here anyway." He asked me as he was brushing off the grass that got on him.

 

"Because I didn't see anyone else awake but you."

 

"Of course you didn't Ken wakes up late and Bean is usually asleep in a book." He explained as he got up and started walking

back to the village.

 

"Leo where are you going!!" I yelled after him as I ran to catch up.

 

"Inside because I'm hungry."

 

"You didn't eat breakfast?"

 

"No I usually come here before my mom wakes up."

 

"Doesn't she worry where you are."

 

"Nah she knows I go there." I nod and noticed we stopped at a blue house. The outside of the house was decorated with all sorts of flowers. Some flowers I haven't even seen here.

 

"Are you just going to stand there or are you going to come in."

 

"Oh sorry I was busy looking at the flowers." Leo smiled and nodded. I followed him inside his house to see even more flowers. These were even more different than the ones outside. Each flower was different but matched each other. I smiled at them and continued following Leo to the kitchen. In the kitchen was a woman to whom I think is Leo’s mom.

 

She looked up and smiled at us.

 

“You must be Hakyeon right?” I nodded and smiled.

 

“Nice to meet you Mrs. Jung!” I bowed.

 

“Would you two like some kimchi jigae?” I cocked my head. I had never heard of that before. She seemed worried because I hadn’t answered.

 

“Hakyeon doesn’t have that where he is from mom.” I turned to stare at Leo. How did he read my mind??

 

“Oh well would you like to try some Hakyeon?” I nodded and she went back to get some bowls. Meanwhile Leo told me to follow him and sit down by the table.

 

“My mom’s cooking is really good so I am sure you will like it Hakyeon.” I nodded and watched Mrs.Jung put some of the jigae into each of the bowls. She then went back to us and put the bowls down.

 

“Be careful it’s still a little hot.” We thanked her as she went out to do the laundry. I looked at my jigae. It looked similar to sausage jigae just without the sausage. I took my first spoonful and swallowed. It was surprisingly good. I hummed in appreciation as I got another spoonful.

 

“I told you it tastes good.” Leo told me, but I didn’t pay attention as I kept eating my jigae. Once we were done we washed our plates and headed outside.

 

“N!!LEO!!” We turned around at the sound of our names but it was too late. A very hyper Ken tackled us to the floor.

 

“Ow Ken get off!!” Leo tried to shove Ken off but Ken had a strong grip on us both.

 

“NO!!” Ken refused and hugges us tigher. A second later Hongbin came. With his help we got Ken off of us.

 

“What's up with him?”

 

“He ate a lot of candy.” Hongbin sighed as he brushed some dirt off of his shorts.

 

“Ken you know you can’t eat a lot of candy.”

 

“I couldn’t resist it was right in front of me!!” Ken said as he was slightly twitching from the sugar rush. Leo rolled his eyes as he walked forward.

 

“LEO WAIT FOR ME!!” Ken jumped on Leo’s back but like last time too late. Leo fell again. I sighed as I walked over to them and picked Ken off. Leo then grumbled something.

 

“What did you say Leo?’ Leo slowly got off from the ground and brushed the dirt off of him.

 

“I said STOP JUMPING ON ME KEN!!” The minute he said that he ran off.

 

“LEOOO” Ken then chased him. I laughed as I saw Leo being chased everywhere by Ken. I kinda wanted to help him. Then I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around to see Hongbin laughing as well.

 

“Don’t worry this happens a lot, Leo is used to it.” I nodded.

 

“Come on let’s go to the market it's open today.”

 

“Okay.” We both then began walking away from the poor struggling Leo.

 

“Since today is Tuesday there will be toys!!” Hongbin said excitedly

 

“The merchant bring all kinds of toys!!” We finally got to to the merchant that was selling the toys. There was all sorts of toys.

 

“Hongbin long time no see.” A boy that looked like he was in charge smiled as he saw Hongbin.

 

“Yeah I have been busy reading a new book that my mom got me.”

 

“Always reading huh.” The boy rolled his eyes.

 

“We should try reading for once Gongchan you might like it you know.” Hongbin said as he crossed his arms.

 

“Not a chance I find it too boring.” The boy named Gongchan said.

 

“Anyways meet my new friend Hakyeon.” Hongbin said as he nudged me forward.

 

“Nice to meet you Hakyeon.”

 

“Likewise.”I then shook his hand.

 

“This is Gongchan he is the son of the merchant that works here.”

 

“Yup look here this a new toy we got recently.” Gongchan then took out what looked like a cup that had a string that was attached to a ball.

 

“The way this works is you have to get the ball in the cup by moving the cup around.” He then showed me and Hongbin how he easily made the ball go in the cup.

 

“Looks easy enough.” Hongbin said as he went to try it and failed. He refused to give up and kept going until the tenth try where he finally gave up trying.

 

“Can I try?” I asked Hongbin who passed it to me. I managed to get it in the first try.

 

“Hah he is even better at you in games Hongbin.” Gongchan laughed as Hongbin just pouted.

 

“We have to go now it's getting dark. Come on Hakyeon.” Hongbin said as he pulled my hand. Gongchan laughed and told us goodbye.

 

“Wait what about the toy?!”

 

“Keep it i'm sure Gongchan won’t mind.” I nodded as I looked down at the toy in my hand.

 

“Hey where did you guys go!! How could you leave me here with him!!” A very exhausted Leo came up to us pointing to a passed out Ken that was leaning against his house.

 

“Sorry Leo we went to the market, and got this toy.” I showed Leo the toy that I got.

 

“How does that work?”

 

“It’s impossible to do!!” Hongbin said as he went to sit down next to Ken.

 

“You have to get the ball in the cup.” I then showed how to it and let Leo try. Leo also managed to get it in one try making even more mad. Hongbin came up to us and grabbed the toy before angrily walking home. We both laughed as we saw him walk away.

 

“Hmmm why are you guys laughing?” A sleepy Ken had woken up from our laughter. I then explained to him what happened.

 

“Typical Bean.” He yawned as stretched.

 

“Just wait until tomorrow he will come out showing off.” I laughed at that.

 

“Its already sunset wow the day went by quickly.” I nodded as I yawned.

 

“You should sleep N you look tired.” Ken told me as he poked my face.I nodded sleepily as I told them goodnight and walked to my house.

 


 

Hakyeon? That sounds like the name I heard back at the village. I thought to myself as I walk to where my dad was sitting on his chair.

 

“Hey dad a kid named Hakyeon cam by the stall today have you ever heard that name?”

 

“Hakyeon. Hmm that sounds like the boy that was on those wanted posters.”

 

“Why are they looking for him?”

 

“I heard he ran away with his mom and the dad was furious said he wanted to kill him.”

 

“What did he even he do wrong he looked so innocent.”

 

“Who knows.” My dad shrugged as he leaned back in his chair.

 

I wonder if I should warn Hakyeon or not. I sighed as I walked back to my post.