New Beginning

Flower Boy

In a small village where everyone had pale skin there stood out a boy who had a tan caramel like skin. The boy was seen as someone strange and ugly for not being like them. He would be constantly bullied and called nicknames because of the color of his skin. When at school the other kids would constantly point at him and would whisper that he was a sign of "bad luck." But whenever the boy would hear such things instead of lunging at them he would simply smile and keep walking as if he heard nothing. 

Even when the boy would go home kids and parents would point at him and call him ugly. Except he didn't know what was more worse the kids' words or the fact that his father would beat him up at home. His father would constantly call him a disgrace in the family since like everyone else his family was pale and not tan like him. The only source of comfort the boy had was from his mother. She didn't care that he wasn't pale. All that matter was that he was alive and doing good in school. Even though she would try and protect him from his father's abuse the father would violenty grab the boy from her hold and throw him on floor. 

After a month of this treatment the mother couldn't stand it anymore and decided that leaving the village would be the best option for her and her son. So in the middle of the night when all was quiet she woke her son up and quietly told him to grab his belongings. Then without being noticed they left the house and village behind. After walking for seven hours the sun had risen. From there the mother spotted her mom's village and pulled her son along. 

"Mother I am too tired I can't walk anymore." The boy cried as his mom kept tugging his arm to continue.

"Don't worry Hakyeon-ah we are here you will be able to rest now." Upon hearing that the boy looked up and notice a village ahead of them. He got all his strenght and kept walking the short distance that was left. At the gate they saw an old man there waiting with a gentle smile. 

"Grandpa!!" Hakyeon ran up to him and hugged him.

"It's good to see you again Hakyeon-ah." The grandpa patted his head as he looked up at his daughter.

"Your mother is in the house waiting for you." The mother nodded and grabbed her son's hand and walked in the direction of the house.

"Mom are we going to be staying here with grandma and grandpa?"

"Yes Hakyeon-ah" Hakyeon nodded because he loved where his grandparents lived. Their village had more fields and was filled with flowers. There was even a small pond that had fish. After settling in and eating Hakyeon tugged on his mom's hand.

"What is it Hakyeon-ah?"

"Can I go play outside please?" His mom gave him a smile and nodded

"Of course but don't go too far." Hakeon grinned and ran outside to the meadow. On his way there he saw a boy sitting there looking at the flowers. Hakyeon had never seen this boy before the last time he visited his grandparents. He slowly made his way the boy and poked his shoulder. The boy got startled and stood up.

"Hi my name is Hakyeon what's yours?" The boy stared at him for a while before answering in a small voice 

"Taekwoon."