The Only Crime

Deputy Chief And I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Please tell me, you actually miss me lol. Yes yes your author has no shame. Here's the chapter I should've posted long time ago. Enjoy.

 

 

 

 

 

In a room that filled with four adults sitting around of a square table on their swivel chairs and clearly engaging in a serious conversation.

The leader stood up and heaving a disappointed sigh.

“What do you think you are doing by killing those people?” He asked raising his tone towards the person who sat nonchalantly.

“They were criminals and they almost killed the CEO of General Company if we didn’t stop them on time, Sir. I have my reasons of why I did what I did.”

“Taeyeon, you can’t be serious?! Your rage is untamable, that’s why you’re mutated in here. So I want you in your best behavior and tune down your emotion a few notches.” The commissioner pressed as his eyes focused just on her. “You are not allowed to operate with your team for a month. I don’t want to hear any complains. Now dismiss.”

“But, Sir.” Taeyeon stood up enraged but fortunately the commissioner has left the room without sparing any glances to her. “What the hell was that? My rage is untamable? It’s because I saw criminals. It’s not like I killed innocent people.”

Finally, the other person in the room spoke up. “Taeyeon, just let it go.”

“But Sunny, I can’t operate for a month?! Then what I am supposed to do?” Taeyeon argued as her hand slammed on the table.

Sunny sighed, as an Assistant Chief of police/Assistant Commissioner, she couldn’t really do anything if the commissioners already decided it like this.

“Tae, it’s only for a week. Besides you could relax and let the detective lieutenant and detective sergeant do the job for a week. I’m sure Yuri and Hyoyeon could handle it just fine.” Sooyoung, the captain community and internal affairs, said trying to cool down her colleague.

“Whatever. Commissioner really doesn’t like me, does he?” Taeyeon bit her lower lip. She could careless actually, but damn, that man has been choking her neck since the first day she moved from Gangnam-gu Police Station to Seoul Metropolitan Police Department in Jongno-gu. That was really a pain in the , to be honest.

“He likes you, Taeyeon. Actually, I see you guys have similarity.” Sooyoung told her cheekily which Sunny nodding her head agreed, although hiding her smile quietly.

“Yup, and I think the only thing that he hates about you is that most of female officers here have became your play toys.” Sunny convey in disgust.

“I don’t play with them, okay? They came to me. I just welcome them with open arms.” Taeyeon replied smugly which Sooyoung has to smirk again. “And how the hell could I be similar to him? I’m not even his kid.”

“Having similarity doesn’t mean you have to be his kid. So, Tae, you better listen to commissioner this time. Be in your best behavior from this day on.” Sooyoung told her getting up from her seat which Sunny followed suit.

“From this day on.” Sunny pressed the word once more to let Taeyeon understood what they warned her about.

“What is it about this day on? If I want to behave well, I’ll do that from the first day I’d gotten here. Then what makes you think I’ll change in seconds?”

Sooyoung and Sunny had no choice but just ignored the question.

The three of them decided to get back to their office with Taeyeon still upset about how she had to hold back in office for a week.

From afar, the three of them witnessed the scene which the two ladies had felt already familiar with and the other one has her eyes wide. Not because of what was happening but rather the girl she found it’d be quite a lost if she didn’t ogle this girl right now.

“Well look at that girl.” She clapped her hands in glee.

“Tae, don’t thi-..”

“Shush shush, Sunny, not now. I like this type.” She hushed Sunny and went to the girl direction.

“Okay, buddies, go away. It is very impolite to stare at a girl.” Taeyeon shooed all the men that stared at the girl though some of them had cowered away since the girl has this killing stare on them. “It’s fine, they are mean, aren’t they? But you can tell unnie about it and unnie will hit them for you.” Taeyeon offered with her charming smile and dazzling eyes.

The girl has the straightest face on Taeyeon has ever seen. Call her strange, but Taeyeon thinks that y.

“You’re shy, aren’t you? It’s alright. It happens all the time when girls talk to me.” Taeyeon shrugged her shoulder naturally before crossing her arms.

“Taey-..”

“Ssh, Soo, I’m busy.” Taeyeon waved Sooyoung off and Sunny came to her side to call her but only got treated the same way. “You must be new here. Need any help to the office? Unnie can be a lot of help. Just tell unnie.”

“Unnie.”

“Yes, yes, what is it dongsaeng?” Taeyeon leaned a little bit as she pleased of what the girl called her especially hearing the girl’s lovely voice.

“Are you sure you can really help me with a lot of things, Unnie?” The girl asked as she plays along with Taeyeon.

“Of course. Anything for you, dongsaeng.”

“I’m looking for the Commissioner.” The girl smiled wickedly.

“The commissioner? Why are you looking for that old man? That bald man has nothing interesting, so ordinary. Lucky for him, he got that title. You see, unnie can guide you if you need guidance. Unnie is really good and kind, especially to a pretty girl like you. I’m telling you that old man is really really really way annoying with his nagging. You haven’t seen him rattle, you might slap him on the face. Oh dongsaengie, I could sense it already that you couldn’t stand him. And he-.”

“Uh-hum.”

“Sooyoung, shut up. I’m not done yet. So as I was saying he-.”

“Kim Taeyeon!”

“Yes, Sir!” Taeyeon spun around only to be met with her boss’ red face. And if Taeyeon’s rage untamable surely this man has his rage more dangerously scary than her, Taeyeon believes.

“What the hell are you doing?”

“Oh, pardon me, Sir. This new girl is looking for you and I was just about to tell her of-.”

“Of how annoying and nagging I am. I can be a commissioner just because I am lucky. What else?!”

“Nothing, Sir.” Taeyeon lowered her head embarrassed of the fact that she got caught talking about her boss behind his back. Not to mention calling him old and bald.

“So, are you looking for me?” The commissioner looked at the girl as he asked her nicely and affectionately Taeyeon could’ve gagged if it wasn’t for the fact that she was standing between them. “How may I help you?” The tone was so soft that Taeyeon couldn’t believe her ears that this was the man that just yelled at her seconds ago.

“Daddy, I missed you.” The girl launched her body on the man who returned her with a big bear hug.

Taeyeon’s eyes doubled size as bigger as saucers, fell agape.

“D-daddy? Daddy? Commissioner is your daddy?”

“Yes. This bald old man, oh and annoying is my daddy.” Taeyeon clumped shut as Sooyoung and Sunny snickered behind her.

“I can’t believe how dare you to say something like that behind me!”

“I apologize, Sir. It’s not my intention to call you that.”

“Write down reports and send it to me first thing in tomorrow morning. No excuses!” The man ordered strictly which Taeyeon could only nodded her head like a puppy. “Come, sweetheart.” He cooed his daughter. “You two better not lend a helping hand to her or else.” He turned to the other duo behind Taeyeon.

“Yes, Sir. Definitely.”

The commissioner’s daughter pressed her lips thin, holding back her laugh before lessen the space between her and Taeyeon.

“Kim Taeyeon-ssi.” She called out so sweet, it had Taeyeon looked up so quickly. “Or should I call you Unnie?” She . “It’s nice to meet you. You better finish the report in the morning or else the annoying man will have your head.” She leaned in a little close and whispered softly the last part.

Taeyeon gulped the lump down before muttered a soft ‘yes’ still with her head down looking rather embarrassed.

“Oh and here if you’re still thinking that I’m new.” The girl shoved a small paper in Taeyeon’s hand before leaving with the commissioner, not forgetting to wave with Sooyoung and Sunny. She glanced the last time at Taeyeon who was fumbling with a piece of paper in her hands.

After the girl has left, Taeyeon quickly read the piece of paper which turned out to be a name card.

Jessica Jung

Deputy Chief of Seoul Police Department

 

===

She couldn’t help it but to keep thinking about what have happened just a couple of hours ago. What is wrong with her? Minutes ago she was chuckling, and now she is giggling.

That was a first, there was never ever someone who dare to speak about her father in front of her before, though that person didn’t know her status but still she has never ever met someone quite like that before. She has to admit that actually was really cute.

She was too much in her la la land that she didn’t hear someone crept into her room.

“Sica. Yah, Sica.” Ignored. “Jung Jessica!”

She shakes her head, turning to the other person in the room. “Oh, Sooyoungie.”

“What has gotten into you?” Sooyoung grinned as she saw her friend having a hard time to answer.

“What are you doing here?” Jessica averted the question as she blankly stared at Sooyoung.

“Visiting my best friend. So happy to see you back. Though I complained a lot when you’re here but it’s been very boring without you. Well not until our Ms. Casanova was transferred here.” Sooyoung told her as she comfortably sat on the couch.

“Who? Ms. Casanova?” Jessica tilted her head curiously.

“Oh, our new friend which apparently was trying to hit on you just a while ago.”

“Ah, Kim Taeyeon?” Sooyoung smirked rising an eyebrow. “She is funny though. A very interesting individual.” Jessica murmured head looking at the paper on her desk, a small yet shy smile playing on her lips.

“Oh my.” Sooyoung’s face turned concern as she caught Jessica’s shy yet dreamy look. “Don’t play with her, Sica. I’m telling you.”

“Huh? Oh, no! No, no.” Jessica quickly interjected, her cheeks flushed. “It is just purely my opinion about her, that’s all.”

“She is so not your type.”

“Sooyoung, what are you talking about?” Jessica asked couldn’t help but laughed at her friend. She thought Sooyoung was ridiculous.

“She flirted with almost all of those female officers here. You wouldn’t like it, Sica. You’re a possessive and jealous type of girlfriend.” Shrugging, Sooyoung pointed out to her best friend how she was like.

“Sooyoung, stop it.” Jessica laughed once again. “Now, you’re literally ridiculous. Did I say anything about liking her or something?”

“It’s a warning for you, Ms. Jung. And she and your dad wouldn’t even make a good relationship between father-in-law and daughter-in-law.”

“Gosh, now you think I am about to marry her.”

“Sica, I’m serious. You wouldn’t like to see her flirting around. She is like a monkey with her goofy smile and soft stare, you don’t know how many female officers have fallen for her.”

“Soo.” Jessica cut her rant shaking her head at her worried friend, soft smile playing on her lips. “L

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter