The Rescue

Mind Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Love is one thing a person could not live without. To love and to be loved, one could never escape both situations. Love can happen to anyone, at anytime. And love is not necessarily to be an intimate relationship between a male and a female. It can also describe the bonds between family members, or even friends.

Love has a strange power, a power to drive people actions. For the sake of love, one would do anything, including sacrificing their own lives.

Jungkook stared at Lisa, who was sitting in front of him, slurping down the thick black bean noodle. He smiled. Somehow he felt full just by looking at her enjoying the meal. “Does it taste good?”

She nodded, unable to answer due to her full mouth.

Once again Jungkook smiled. He then took a piece of napkin and wiped the corner of her lips, which was stained by the brown colored sauce.

“But I’m wondering… are you okay with this kind of foods?” Jungkook asked. “Don’t you ever want to go for a steak or something…?” As long as he could remember, Lisa always asked for Korean meals, and most of the time, it’s cheap. He always had the idea that most girls enjoy to dine in five star hotels or somewhere similar, where they could wear classy dresses and high heels. Well, even if he could not afford an expensive food every time, he wouldn’t mind to spend once of twice.

“It’s too formal,” Lisa said, while fighting her way to swallow the starchy noodles. “And it’s a waste of money. In any case, local barbeques taste better, and cheaper.” For sure, the same amount of money could give you double amount of meat in barbeque restaurant. “Well it’s not I dislike it. I might want to go there for special occasion.”

They stopped their conversation when the waiter came to their table. He put down a plate of sweet and sour pork, and a plate of dumpling. Well, black bean noodles always go well with them, doesn’t it?

“Ah, Lisa-ssi…” Jungkook took a bite of the crispy dumpling. “Can you tell me more about what you saw? Did you see how many of them are there?”

Lisa gazed into the air, trying to recall the image she had seen the previous night. “Hmm… maybe 4? Or 5? There’re not many people. It might sound weird but they looked like amateurs.” Lisa remembered how the men were dressed in shabby clothes. They were wearing casual clothes, t-shirts and jeans. For her, it seemed like the men were a mere gangster, unlike the trained men who wear suits like the one she saw on television. “And surprisingly… I saw a woman!”

Jungkook tilted his head, “…a woman?”

“Yeah… and I think she’s the boss.”

It’s strange. He thought the culprit was that man, the man who looked like Taehyung. And again, why would the culprit hire amateurs to do such important jobs? If there were only 5 of them, for sure, 4 armed polices will be more than enough to apprehend them all. It sounded too good to be true.

Jungkook reached his phone and send a message to Suga, Taehyung, and Jimin. He told him to be prepared, as he would proceed with the plan to rescue Jennie and Jisoo. He might not receive the Chief’s permission, but he was convinced this was the best way to solve the problem.

After the dinner Jungkook went back to his apartment. He threw his body to his bed. Looking at the ceiling, he sighed. He couldn’t stop thinking about the plan, the plan to rescue Jisoo and Jennie. He knew he needed to get some rest, so that he could be physically ready for whatever is coming.

 

The second slowly turned to hours. Jungkook wasn’t able to sleep well. He closed his eyes for one minute, and he opened them the next minute. He had spent all night, moving left and right trying to find the perfect position. But no matter how hard he tried, he couldn’t calm his troubled mind.

He woke up from his bed and looked through the window. The night has turned bright. Today was the day. He hoped everything would go as his plan. Because only then, they would acquire peace one more time.

 

Jungkook was having his day off on that day, so he waited for the others at their favorite café near the office. Feeling too hot on that day, he decided to get a bowl of patbingsoo instead of iced Americano, minutes after, the three of them showed up.

They ordered their favorite drinks and sat together. “So, it’s tonight?”

All of them seemed tense. Even Jimin, who always showed a smile, was keeping a serious face that day. Sure enough, it was a dangerous plan. They could get hurt, or even killed for doing so. One single mistake could possibly cost their lives, or the lives of their loved ones.

It was one thing Suga and Taehyung were really grateful for, their courage. For Jimin and Jungkook, Jennie and Jisoo were not so important. And yet they’re willing to risk their lives to save them. And it didn’t end there. Even if they successfully rescue Jennie and Jisoo, they might lose their jobs, because they investigate without the Chief’s permission.

“So my plan is, I’ll go inside first, then you guys will come in later as backups.”

“What?”

“Well, we can’t just go together. The moment they notice us, they’ll hurt the girls.”

“I hate the idea, but he’s right…” Suga agreed. “If they see Jungkook alone, most probably they’ll focus on killing him.”

Jungkook nodded. “..and that’s when I need you guys to come in and rescue the girls.”

 

It was 9pm when they set out for the trip. Jungkook was driving the car, while the others were busy preparing themselves, their guns, and their mentality. The car was filled with silence. Each was busy with their minds, fighting the fear and keeping in the courage.

“Here we are…”

The group arrived in front of a warehouse. Looking at the broken windows and the torn rooftop, he building must’ve been abandoned. When every other room was pitch black, one room with a dim light caught their attention.

Jungkook rustled trough the middle compartment, taking out his binocular to monitor the building. Gazing from afar, the room was located at the ground floor. There were small windows with broken glasses at the corner of the room, which radiated the light they saw previously. Part of the room was mostly hidden. The window frames were blocked by wood planks, which were nailed on the sides. But outside the room was a huge spacious room, making it quite easy to hide without them noticing.

“What did

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter