Strong Bounded

Mind Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The tent buzzed with people chatting. The wind passed through the gaps of the openings, giving the customers a night summer breeze. Tables of people were having toasts, for whatever reasons they were celebrating, as well as the reasons they’re so depressed that particular night.

Jungkook took a piece of the sizzling beef ribs from the griller and put it on Suga’s plate. “Hyung, you have to eat…”

Since Jisoo was gone, Suga’s condition has never been good. He looked thinner, and paler than usual. His eyes were always looking down to the ground, and his smile was long gone.

“You need to keep your body fit, in order to save Jisoo,” Jungkook said again. He put another slice of the meat on top of the lettuce, followed by a spoonful of rice and a slice of kimchi. He then wrapped the fresh greens and handed it to Suga, “Now eat…”

Suga stared at him for a few seconds, making Jungkook’s hand awkwardly hanging in the air. He let out a deep sigh before finally took his offer. For the thousand times, he’s truly grateful to have Jungkook by his side.

Chewing the savory bite, Suga took one deep breath. “Let’s just eat…” he said. Trying to run from the truth, he tried to erase his worries, at least for a minute or two. As if the world didn’t matter anymore, he chose to enjoy the meal, even when it didn’t take so long for the troubled mind to find its way back in to his head.

“What should I do now?” His words sounded like he was asking himself.

Jungkook put another hot meat inside his mouth, trying to feed his extremely hungry tummy. “I told you I’d go and see him.”

Suga frowned. “Are you nuts?” Even when he wanted to believe in his words, he couldn’t. He had told himself that Jungkook only said those things to comfort him, not realizing he was hundred percent serious with his promise.

Jungkook nodded agreeing. “…but of course, not without a plan.”

“So..?”

He put his chopstick down and placed his hands on his knees, posing like a wrestler. He looked down as he rotated his brain to find a way out. “Hmm… let’s see…”

Suga gulped his cold beer, following Jungkook's steps to squeeze his head for an idea.

“I don’t know…” Jungkook finally said. “I’ll have to think more about it…”

They both knew they couldn’t risk to take a hasty move, otherwise Jisoo’s safety would be on the line. And not only Jisoo, Jennie might be harmed at the same time.

“For now, you need to buy some time…” Jungkook convinced Suga. “If anything his target is me. So he won’t just kill Jisoo that easily.”

This time, Suga could not deny the reality. Jungkook’s words were true. For now, he held the key for Jisoo’s life.

“But first… we need to discuss further with Taehyung and the others.”

 

Right on the next day, seven of them agreed to gather because Jungkook’s request for emergency meeting. They met at Taehyung’s house at dinnertime. Since there’s no time for an enjoyable cook together, each of them decided to bring along some foods of their choices. With heaps of foods and drinks on the center of the table, they sat in the spacious living room.

“WHAT DID YOU SAY?!?!” The three of them, Namjoon, Jin, and Hoseok were highly surprised with the shocking news.

Firstly, Jungkook explained what had happened to Jisoo and Jennie, which invited a huge commotion from them. They had not told them the truth before, because they didn’t want them to worry so much about it. But now that the situation had gotten more serious, they thought it would be better to tell them. Who knows, one of them might have a brilliant idea to solve the problem.

“So you’re saying that the culprit is connected to the case? And now he’s aiming to kill Jungkook?” Namjoon asked, and Jungkook nodded together with Suga.

Jin and Hoseok still could not process the story. They formed a large “O” on both their eyes, as well as their mouth.

“What about you Taehyung?” Jimin turned to Taehyung, shoving a cheesy pizza down to his mouth. “What did he ask from you?”

“That’s…”

Taehyung was oddly quiet. He kept looking down and flicking his nails. He had not touch any food, unlike his usual self. And none of them noticed the cold sweat on his forehead.

“Did he ask for money?” Jin joined the conversation.

“Y-yeah..”

They presumed Taehyung was only feeling stressed because of Jennie’s disappearance. But they were wrong. Quietly, he tried so hard to contain his nervousness.

“Really? So why does he want to kill Jungkook?” Hoseok then turned to Jungkook. “Did you do something wrong to someone?”

Jungkook rolled his eyes. “Not that I can remember….”

“Well of course you’ve done something wrong,” Namjoon spoke. “Come on! You guys are polices, you catch bad guys! Criminals! And it’s not impossible if someone have grudges towards you.”

Namjoon’s words were right. They’ve solved

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter