A Twist

Mind Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The night was silent. The echo of the loud gunshot slowly disappeared into thin air. None was heard in the room, except sobbing cries from the two victims, and one strong man, who was holding an unconscious young woman in his arms.

Setting aside his ego to come to Jisoo straight away, Suga –assisted by Jimin- handcuffed the four men. Taehyung was busy untying Jisoo and Jennie. Once they’re free, he hugged Jennie, who was crying and trembling in fear.

“Oppa…” she slightly pushed him away. “You’re bleeding…”

Taehyung looked at his arms, which was wounded for a good 10cm from his elbow down. Apparently, he accidentally scratched himself when he tried to go in from the window, which had sharp edges all around from the broken glasses. “It’s okay… As long as you’re safe,” he pulled her body back in. He then glanced at Jungkook worriedly.

 “You should go,” said Suga.

It was one of Suga’s strength, to remain calm even in a crisis. His heart was pounding, but he’s able to maintain his head cool.

“Can you drive?” Suga asked again. He then looked at Lisa’s wound. Blood kept streaming out from her right shoulder, but it seemed she escaped severe injuries. It would’ve been dangerous if the bullet hit her organs.

Jungkook nodded. He lifted Lisa’s body and quietly, but quickly, left the room. He’s about to go crazy with all the questions inside his mind, but he held it back. There was nothing more important than her safety at that time. He needed to get her to the hospital, as fast as possible.

Suga’s eyes followed Jungkook, until his figure disappeared together with a screeching car noise. He finally turned to Jisoo, who was comforted by Jimin at that time. He held his tears back in, as the surge of relief showered his mind. No word could describe how grateful he was, how happy he was, to see her alive.

His attention was disrupted when he heard a phone rings. He stared at the black mobile on the table, before he finally picked up the call. He kept quiet, waiting for the caller to talk.

“Hey,” a raspy woman’s voice was heard. “Is everything under control?”

Suga frowned. He has heard this voice before, but… where?

“Hey! Is everything okay?!” The woman panicked at the unresponsive receiver. It was not long until she noticed something was wrong. “Who’s this?”

“Are you the one who hire them?” Suga heard a gasp, before the woman ended the call abruptly. At that moment, he knew, she must be the one behind all of this.

Suga walked to Jisoo’s direction, and noticing his approach, Jimin stood up.

“Hyung, I’m sorry…” apologized Jimin.

There was a scratch on Jisoo’s lower neck, close to her collarbones. Suga stared at Jisoo, who was still sobbing, but less hysterically. He remembered, the wound was caused by Jimin’s shot, when he was aiming for the culprit’s hand.

“It’s okay, you did well…” Suga patted Jimin’s shoulder, trying to soothe away his guilt.

In fact, Jimin did extremely well. He shot the target very precisely. It must not have been easy, remembering how close the man was to Jisoo & Jennie.

Suga kneeled down. Without saying anything, he placed his hand on the back of her head, and pulled her gently to his shoulder.

Soon, a loud police siren was heard. Few officers went out from the cars and ran to them. Some directly proceed with the arrest, some talked to Jimin for the details, and some offered assistance for Jisoo and Jennie.

That moment, they knew… the long fight had finally come to an end.

 

Meanwhile…

Jungkook’s shoulders dropped soon after he saw Lisa brought to the operating room by the doctor. His eyes were blank, so did his mind.

In the midst of the emergency shouting, all he could hear was the sound of the dripping red blood. He looked at his palm. Lisa’s blood tainted it, and his heart ached as the picture of her flashed into his head. 

“Excuse me,” the call awakened him. He looked up. “You need to be treated,” said the nurse.

It seemed he was way too distracted that he had forgotten about his own injuries. His neck was bleeding, from the knife that had scratched him from before.

H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter