four.

Fantastic Wizards and Where to Find Them

“This is the worst thing that’s ever happened,” Baekhyun says, eyebrows drawn together in a frown.

“This is the best thing that’s ever happened,” Jongdae grins.

“I’m in so much pain,” Chanyeol wheezes, turning blue and green.

Jongdae sticks his head out of Chanyeol’s room, yelling down at the Hufflepuff students in the common room.

“Park Chanyeol just used Engorgio on his !”

 

 

 

 

“I am very uncomfortable right now,” Kyungsoo mutters under his breath, “Not that you three care.”

“Oh, you’re uncomfortable?” Jongdae crosses his arms, enjoying the current situation greatly. “Chanyeol’s is three times the size of his fist!”

“I’m gonna be sick,” Kyungsoo says. “Can I go now?”

“Look at it.”

“What?” Kyungsoo pales. “No!”

“I’m just kidding.”

“Why isn’t Chanyeol in the infirmary?”

“It’s too embarrassing,” Chanyeol whines from under the covers. “Plus, it hurts so bad I can’t walk.”

“Alright, guys. Enough talking! We’re wizards, we can fix this.” Baekhyun raises his wand, shaking his hands out and assuming an absurd stance over the bed. “Reducto should get him back to new, right?”

Kyungsoo lunges over the bed and knocks Baekhyun’s wand clean out of his hands with a yell. They topple onto the floor, tangled in their robes as Jongdae tries not to puncture a lung laughing.

“What the hell was that for, Kyungsoo?!” Baekhyun shrieks, quite put out.

“You idiot,” Kyungsoo seethes, face red. “Reducto enables the caster to explode objects! You were about to blow Chanyeol’s crotch to bits!”

Jongdae sounds like a dying hyena as Baekhyun’s angry expression morphs into one of mortification, two dog ears flopping out from his head as he bites his lip.

“What were you thinking, Baekhyun? Don’t you pay attention in—whaa…?” Kyungsoo stops mid-yell, sitting back as he regards Baekhyun with confusion. “You..your head….what?”

“Huh? Oh,” Baekhyun reaches a hand up to cover his extra set of ears. “These? I’m a—“

“He’s a metamorphagus, very interesting,” Jongdae rolls his eyes. “Can we get back to the sickly now?”

“Help,” Chanyeol croaks weakly.

Kyungsoo stands up, dusting his pants off and pulling out his wand.

“Fine. Pull the covers down, Chanyeol.”

“N-No way!”

“Can I get a little help?”

“Chanyeol, you idiot,” Jongdae groans, pinning him down on the bed as Baekhyun rips the sheets off.

“I’m gonna throw up,” Kyungsoo mumbles, not at all prepared for the sight in front of him. “Reducio”.

“…Holy crap, it worked! You’re a miracle worker, Soo!” Chanyeol nearly cries, flinging his arms around the Ravenclaw.

“I’m not a miracle worker,” Kyungsoo says, squirming uncomfortably. “I’m a wizard.”

“I see how it is,” Baekhyun sniffs, nose twitching. “We don’t get any of the credit for saving his life!”

“To be fair,” Jongdae says, “You almost exploded his crotch.”

 


 

Yixing’s most prized possession is his guitar. It should probably be his wand, but his trusty muggle-made guitar smells of home and feels familiar in his arms, unlike the ones at Dervish and Banges.

He plays whenever he has free time, preferably sitting under a tree, half in the shade and half in the sun. He’s taken to composing little jingles that he never remembers to write down, even though he could easily charm a quill and parchment to do the work for him.

“Hey, you’re pretty good.”

Yixing’s fingers slip on the strings, a terrible discordant noise ringing through the air before he closes his hand over the strings. Caught off guard, he struggles a bit with his words as he pushes his bangs out of his eyes.

“Minseok!” He blinks. “You…you’re here. Why? I mean, ah…what are you doing here?”

“Not much,” Minseok shrugs. “I just followed the beautiful sound of a guitar and ended up here. Can I sit?”

Yixing scoots over quickly.

“Thank you,” he says, a bit shyly.

“That’s your own guitar, right?” Minseok asks, peering at it. “It’s not magical?”

“Yeah..how did you know?”

“It just feels and sounds different,” Minseok explains, not really explaining anything at all. “It sounds like…home. That doesn’t make any sense,” he laughs. “Sorry.”

A smile spreads across Yixing’s face, and he shifts the guitar in his lap

“Can I play something for you?” He asks absentmindedly, chords already stringing themselves together in his mind.

Minseok’s eyes widen and he points to himself.

“Me?” He says incredulously.

“Yeah,” Yixing nods, already strumming the first notes. “You.”

 

 

 

“You just get weirder and weirder every time I see you,” Yifan mentions casually, throwing a glance at Luhan. “It’s kind of sad.”

“You’re one to talk, Mr. Galaxy.”

“Why are you hiding behind this ledge anyways?”

“Yifan,” Luhan says solemnly, “I don’t think you’re ready for that conversation.”

“What?” Yifan crouches down beside Luhan, tracing his line of sight. “Is that…”

“Minseok and Yixing,” Luhan confirms. “Sitting together under a tree.”

“Oh. My. God,” Yifan gasps dramatically until Luhan gives him a dirty look. “I can’t believe how un-interesting this is. Luhan, you seriously need to find another hobby.”

Luhan mutters something intelligible under his breath.

“I’m going over there.” Yifan stands up.

Luhan snaps back to reality, panicking and tugging harshly on Yifan’s robes, his own feet slipping underneath him. With a yelp, he falls onto the stone floor, Yifan on top of him.

Just then, with the worst possible timing ever, Junmyeon turns down the hallway with a stack of books in his arms. A look of utter repulsion on his face, he stops for a moment to look down upon the two purebloods.

“Get a room, boys.”


Notes:

maknae line coming up soon!