Three

Blood Sweat and Tears

Jungkook waited for Jimin outside work. It was a chilly night, and he drew his jacket closer around his body. He glanced at his phone. Jimin would be done soon, and then they could grab some food. Jungkook was starving. 

As he scrolled through his messages, he became aware of someone approaching. He glanced up and saw someone standing near him, watching. Jungkook froze, goosebumps crawling along his skin. Something was off about the stranger, but he couldn't figure out what it was. The person was hidden by the cover of darkness, but the strangest part were the way his eyes glinted a white colour. It must have been a trick. Jungkook tore his gaze away and glanced back down at the phone, but the stranger didn't leave. Instead he drew closer, until he stood only inches away. Tensing, Jungkook pressed against the wall, eyes wide. 

The stranger had light coloured hair, and up close Jungkook could see the stranger's eyes were also lighter. He was a lot younger than Jungkook would have guessed, around his age anyway. The stranger leaned in close, and Jungkook knew he should push back, and run, but his body froze. The gaze hypnotized him, and the stranger brought his hand up and traced a hand along Jungkook's jaw. 

"So handsome," the stranger murmured. "And so much life in you." He flashed a toothy grin that made Jungkook's blood run cold. He couldn't even find his voice. Everything was frozen. "Oh, don't worry, I don't plan to do anything to you. Yet. I am just getting started with all the fun. But I do have a little something for you and your friends, to get the ball rolling." Jungkook eyed the stranger nervously, fear gripping his heart. Something small and cool was pressed into his hand, and then the stranger pulled away, relinquishing his hold on Jungkook. "Don't look so scared. It's no fun when people are scared." 

Jungkook's voice returned and he swallowed. "Who are you?" 

The stranger shook his head. "Where would the fun in that be? No, I want to see you figure it out for yourselves, Jungkook." 

Jungkook tensed. "How did you -?" 

"Kookie!" 

"Enjoy my little present Jungkook." 

When Jungkook blinked, the stranger was gone. Jimin rounded the corner and saw Jungkook standing there, pale and wide-eyed, staring into nothing. He threw an arm around his donsaeng, and Jungkook jumped. 

"Whoa, you see a ghost or something? You're so pale," Jimin smirked. 

Swallowing, Jungshook his head and threw on a shaky smile. "Just... Nevermind. Let's get out of here. I'm hungry." 

He had lost his appetite, but how was he going to explain that weird encounter. His whole body felt unsettled, and he couldn't get the stranger out of his head. With a start he realized that he was still holding whatever it was the stranger gave him. It was a small vial, filled with a green liquid. It didn't look like something he should drink, nor did he want to. But, instead of throwing it out, he found himself stuffing it into his pocket. 

"You coming?" Jimin called to him. Jungkook hadn't noticed Jimin getting so far ahead of him. He hurried to catch up. "You sure you're alright? You look really freaked out." 

Jungkook shrugged. "Don't really know how to explain it. But I'm good. How was your day?" 

Now it was Jimin's turn to shrug. "Work is work. But, something strange happened this morning. Completely forgot about it until now. I saw the weirdest person standing on the sidewalk! Light hair, light eyes, just standing there, with this...grin on his face. And that wasn't even the weirdest part. He looked straight at me." 

Jungkook resisted the urge to gasp. No. That was impossible. Jimin looked unperturbed by the encounter, so it could have been coincidence, but Jungkook knew it wasn't. It had to have been the same person. He bit his lip, the vial in his pocket felt heavy. The stranger had said "friends," did he know about Jimin? Jin and Yoongi? He glanced over his shoulder, suddenly panicked. Were they being followed? What did the stranger want? Jimin raised his eyebrows, and Jungkook shrugged his shoulders. He glanced back over his shoulder again, and bit his lip. The sooner they got off the quiet street the better. 

***

A/N: Phew! I did it, another chapter up! Kookie is shook xD