One

Blood Sweat and Tears

Jimin rested his chin in his arms, supressing a yawn. Who thought it was a good idea to have someone wake up at the crack of dawn anyway? Right, his boss. He felt his eyes close again, but a sudden slap on the table jerked him awake with a yelp. Yoongi stood over him, arms crossed, a smirk playing on his lips. 

"Hyung!" Jimin exclaimed, irritably. 

"Don't go to sleep, you'll be late for work," Yoongi shrugged. 

"Easy for you to say," Jimin mumbled, "You work from home."

With a sigh he pulled himself to his feet. He grabbed an apple from the counter, and stuffed it into his bag. He hated leaving so early, but the bus was fast approaching and he couldn't be late again. Even if he was irritated at Yoongi for disturbing him, his hyung was right. It was hard to live, and both Jimin and Yoongi knew the struggle. Yoongi worked two jobs, despite Jimin's protests, and though Yoongi complained a lot about it, he didn't want his dongsaeng taking on as much work. Jimin tried to make up for it by taking on more of the household duties. It was hard, but they didn't have anyone else to rely on except each other. 

He stepped out into early morning light, and breathed deeply. Despite his dislike of waking this early, at least this was a pretty time of day. The sky was painted in pinks and oranges, and there was a light morning mist. The birds chirpped to each other. The only creatures awake except for Jimin it felt. It was a quiet, and beautiful time of day.

Jimin jogged to the end of the street to his bus stop, making it just in time. The bus rolled down the street, and Jimin took a seat at the back. He plugged his earphones into his phone and scrolled through his music. Then he settled back and looked out the window. 

The bus rounded a corner, and Jimin spotted someone standing on the sidewalk. It wouldn't have been odd, except that he faced the road, and stood still, watching the bus. His hair was blonde, and his eyes were blue, though he did look Korean. Contacts and dyed hair? Those blue eyes flickered up to Jimin, and it was a look so intense that Jimin froze. But when he blinked, the person was gone. He cranned his head back to see if the person was still there, but the bus had already moved on. There was something unsettling about the person, but Jimin couldn't put his finger on it. Perhaps it was just the morning making him image things. Jimin settled back in his seat, but he wasn't convinced. He hadn't imagined it. 

When the bus came to his stop, Jimin hopped off, a little nervously. He glanced up and down the sidewalk, but didn't see anything. More people stirred now, heading to work. Jimin adjusted his bag, and shrugged off his sense of unease. He slipped around the building, and entered the cafe through the back. His boss was already there, baking away, getting ready for the day. Jimin hung his bag on a hook in the back and entered the kitchen with a smile. 

"Annyeong haseyo sajangnim," Jimin said, bowing slightly. Good morning, boss."

"Ah, Jimin!" His boss exclaimed happily. Jimin winced internally. He had no idea how she could be so happy first thing in the morning, when he felt like a zombie. "Annyeong haseyo. You look like you could use some coffee." 

Jimin nodded. The first good idea of the day! His boss wiped her hands off on the towel and poured him a cup as he grabbed an apron and wrapped it around his waist. He wore a simple white blouse, and black trousers. She turned to him and smiled. 

"You always were handsome," she remarked, passing him the cup. "And this uniform always suits you." 

Jimin's cheeks warmed and he glanced down at his coffee, suddenly shy. "Gamsahamnida sajangnim." 

"Finish your coffee and then help set up the front. We open shortly." 

Jimin took a sip of coffee, thankful he had such a kind boss. When he was ready, he took his coffee to the front and started cleaning the tables, and floor. He already forgot about the person he saw standing on the sidewalk, the one with the weird eyes. 

****

A/N: Finally got this story rolling!! This one is going to go a little slower, since it's going to be a little different than Not Today or Stranded. So, bear with me and I do hope you enjoy it ^^