Two

Blood Sweat and Tears

Yoongi raced to his job, cursing under his breath. Of course he was late. After pushing Jimin to get to work on time, Yoongi wound up leaving later than intended. And then there was construction on his normal route, so of course he had to go further out of his way. He cursed again. The day was already off to a great start. He couldn't wait for it to end already. 

He passed over the Han River, and smiled, despite his irritation. It was always a picturesque view, something he couldn't caputre on camera. Not for lack of trying though. Despite being late, Yoongi took his time walking across the river, absorbing the familiar, beautiful view. 

Something caught his eye. No. Not something. Someone. 

He was standing at the edge of the water, peering into it intently. Yoongi paused, curious. It wasn't odd to see someone taking a stroll along the river, but something about this person unsettled Yoongi. He did look Korean, but his hair was blonde. As Yoongi approached the railing, his eyes wandered to the reflection in the water. His heart stopped for a moment. It was impossible, but it looked like the person's reflection had wings. The young man's eyes snapped up to Yoongi's, a startling blue colour, and flashed Yoongi a devious smirk. With a gasp, Yoongi stumbled backwards. There was a yelp, and he felt something hard hit him in the side. He collapsed to the ground, and heard a crash against the railing. 

Picking himself up, Yoongi glanced to where he heard the crash, and saw a bike. The rider leaned against the railing, his helmet askew, but he looked unharmed. Yoongi dusted off his pants, wincing at the movement. Nothing felt broken, but he was winded, and he was definitely going to have a nice bruise.

"Mianhae," he apologized quickly. He helped teh young man to his feet, and picked up the bag that had fallen. "I don't know what I was thinking...." His eyes drifted back to where he saw the strange young man by the river. No one was there. He frowned.

"It's okay," the other young man said. He knocked on his helmet with a smile. "This thing is a lifesaver. My bike on the other hand...." 

Yoongi's frown deepened when he saw the bike. The tire must have hit something sharp for it was completely flat. The wheel was also bent. "I can pay for that. It was my fault, I should have been watching where I was going." 

The young man's smile widened. "Really, it's okay. We're both alive and unharmed, so let's moved passed it."

"No, I insist," Yoongi pressed. 

"Alright then." The young man scratched his chin. He had a contagious smile, and an energetic vibe around him. Instantly, Yoongi liked him. "How about this: I take an I.O.U. When the time comes, and I need something, I'll call on you." 

Yoongi stared blankly at the young man. What in the world was he going on about? An I.O.U? All Yoongi wanted to do was repair the bike, not have this accident hanging over his head for who knew how long. He was about to protest, but the young man put up his hand. 

"This bike is nothing to me anyway. A piece of garbage, and now that it's broken, it gives me an excuse to throw it out. At least with this, you get to repay your debt." He held out his hand. "So, what do you say?" 

Yoongi considered it for a moment. He didn't want to say no now, not after all the fuss he made about paying the young man back for the damages. But it was a weird request. Something he wasn't sure if he could trust. What if it was something related to a gang? Or some crime? Regardless of his apprehensions, Yoongi found himself raising his hand to shake the young man's. 

"Excellent!" The young man dropped his hand quickly, and grabbed his bike. "I think this is a much better solution, don't you think? Well, I should be on my way, I don't want to be late! And, I think, you don't want to be either." 

Yoongi shook his head. "Wait, what's your name? I should get your information?" 

"You can call me Jung Hoseok," the young man replied. "And don't worry, when the time comes, I'll find you with this."

He tossed something to Yoongi. It was made of gold, and about the size of a coin, but it didn't look like any currency he knew of. And the writing was in some language he didn't recognize either. 

"What is this....?"

When Yoongi looked up, Hoseok was gone. It was like he had vanished completely. Yoongi could have convinced himself it was all a dream, if not for the pain in his side, and the strange coin in his hand. His phone buzzed sharply in his pocket, making him jump. Quickly he grabbed it and with an audible groan, saw it was his boss. He was even later than he should be now. Stuffing the coin in his pocket, he took off down the bridge, ignoring the dull pain in his side. He knew his boss was going to serve out a more painful punishment for his tardiness anyway. 

****

A/N: Man I am on a roll! New chapters for two stories!! Wooot!