breaking (up) apart.

A Pile of Drabbles

 

“I’m sorry,” he choked out, as if the words were hurting him to say it. And maybe it did, but shouldn’t it be Chanyeol that’s hurting? “I’m sorry but I’m giving up on you, on us.”

 

Wow. Okay. Didn’t know it could hurt so much more.

 

Chanyeol was quiet, just letting Baehyun say the words he needed to get out because it looked like he was trying really hard and even when Chanyeol’s heart was slowly deteriorating with each word coming out of him, he still didn’t interrupt, didn’t wanted to be rude and let him continue.. continue breaking his heart as well.

“I know this isn’t fair.” Yeah. It isn’t. “But I’ve come to realize that keeping you at arms length was just hurting you more.” So you decided to just cut me all off? “I’m sorry, but I’m letting you go.”

 

No one moved for a few moments, the world at a stand still as Baekhyun silently cries while Chanyeol quietly breaks apart. Then he reaches out, slowly moving his hand up as if giving enough ample time for the other person to pull away and when he doesn't, Chanyeol gently cupped his cheek, his eyes sad but one corner of his lips were curled upwards. “Don’t cry, please,” he whispered, voice so quiet that if it wasn’t for the already quiet surroundings, Baekhyun wouldn’t have heard it.

 

Baekhyun shooked his head as he pulled away, giving Chanyeol one last sad look before turning around and leaving.

 

“Baekhyun! Wait!” He called out but the other didn’t hear, or pretended he didn’t as he kept walking away from him.



 

Years ago, Chanyeol gave Baekhyun time. He didn’t ask for it. Chanyeol just gave it because he knows it’s what he needed, time to heal, space to grow, support, patience, understanding, love, and care. He gave so much of himself to Baekhyun and he didn’t expect or want the other to reciprocate. No. Because he wanted to do all that on his own accord and not because he was expecting all that back in return.

 

But Chanyeol never knew he would need it one day. So he asked for one thing from Baekhyun. Time. He just needed time to sort out his sudden chaotic life because he didn’t want to unload everything on Baekhyun, did not wanted to be a burden so he asked for time. But what he received was space. Not the space that one knows they were still someone out there waiting for them. But space, so so much space, so vast that all around Chanyeol was nothing but void.

He was back to that hellhole again. And maybe he never really left. Maybe no one will really try hard enough for him. Or maybe he was just too much for anyone. 

 

It just hurts too much though, because despite breaking apart, Chanyeol knows that his love for Baekhyun will always win over anything else. He’ll always care for him. 

 

It hurts but for now, Chanyeol will love and he will hurt until there’s nothing left of him anymore.

 


 

A/N: Wrote this on impulse when I saw a quote that says “I loved you so much I wanted to wipe your tears away when you were breaking up with me.” And well, there you have it! Cioa!