Part Time

Unexpected

"Hey, April. Can you clean this place up? The customer's child spilled some coke", said the store manager. You worked in a small convenience store where the store manager would occasionally drop by to check up on the store. You quickly grabbed the mop and walked toward the puddle of coke. You cleaned up the spilled coke and sighed.

"Being an adult is pretty darn hard," you thought. The people who pass by the convenience store would stare at you. Sometimes men even asking you for your number. Some asking you on coffee dates. You hated having that sort of reaction.

To make it worse, your other part time partner bailed out on the night shift so, now you were given the responsibility of the night shift. Night shifts were the worst things ever. You had school from 9 to 5. Right after that you would drop by to the store to work. 

After a few hours of work, it was already 1 in the morning. Oh yes, the store that you worked in is a 24 hour convenience store. You took out your homeworks and started working on it behind the counter, frequently dozing off and falling asleep.

"Clingg" the bells rang as the door pushed open. "Welcome," you said. Your manager always had a thing for "greeting" so yep, you had to abide to his likes. You went back to reviewing your notes, and after a few minutes, a shadow appeared at the counter. It was a tall man, tanned skin, with a mask and he wore a black hat.

"Would you like a bag?", you asked.

"Nope", it's alright. He grabbed the energy drink from the counter and gobbled down on it. You swear, you had seen him somewhere but it was such a blurry memory. "Did the other guy quit or something? He's usually on night shift", he asked with his deep voice. "Oh, nope, he was busy so I'm substituting for him", I explained. He peered over at my papers and asked if I was studying and I said yes. Something about him seemed awfully odd. He left and you studied for your finals. Yes, two more days of finals and you're finally done with your second semester!