Nbin: Not Alone

vixx drabbles

Notes: inspired by Hongbin talking about how Hakyeon talks in his sleep also that they slept next to each other back when they first debuted in their shared room and that even now that they have their own rooms the rooms are next to each other. :3

Nbin: Not Alone

At 19 Hongbin is woken up by his dearest and oldest friend in the middle of the nights. Hakyeon doesn't toss and turn nor does he snore but he does talk in his sleep. At first it's just unintelligible ramblings his sleep addled brain doesn't quite process but as the nights continue he comes to realize that while Hakyeon will have a self conversations, usually their vixx greeting is also thrown in. He finds it a bit funny and even endearing at first, but after many weeks-months of it happening more often than not he becomes concerned.

He knows that while they're all worried for the group, Hakyeon is even more so. He concerns himself more deeply in every aspect than the rest then to top it off with his own insecurities as vixx's leader. Hongbin worries for him and wishes Hakyeon would let the rest share the burden with him.

But now Hongbin can see the definitive proof of how all the hardships have affected Hakyeon and he's at a loss on what to do. How many times has he repeated that greeting, gone through countless interview questions and answers; rehearsing them over and over until he can give his answers without stuttering and seeming natural.

There's a pain deep in his chest as he looks and listens to Hakyeon in the dead of night. Hongbin wants nothing more than to take Hakyeon and shield him from the world and so he does; as best he can if only for a few short moments in the night. Shuffling close he wraps his arms around the other. One arm resting on Hakyeon's back and the other pulling his head to rest against Hongbin's neck.

"Shh hyung. You're not alone." He whispers against Hakyeon's temple, willing his voice not to crack along the way.

-----

At 24 Hongbin has his own room and he stays up more nights than he should playing games. But some nights, not very often, he'll hear murmurings from the next room - muffled by the wall. On those nights Hongbin will apologize to anyone he might be playing with and call it a night. However instead of heading towards his bed he exits his room instead. Hongbin will quietly enter into the next room, his phone the only light source, and carefully slip into the large bed. A familiar warm body instinctually molds to his. One of his arms rises up to rest against the other's neck.

"I'm here Hakyeon-hyung."