Seven Seeds

Spring Day

 

Your alarm clock could be heard ringing loudly through your ears. Feeling annoy with it, you drag your body out of your comfy bed and turn it off. Yawning, you rub your eyes and head to the bathroom to wash up. The day was always the same and nothing was different. You would wake up, wash up, cook, and head to work then come back home to sleep. After washing up, you head to the kitchen to cook up a cup of ramen before heading to your part time jobs. Fixing your hair, you heard your timer for the cup of ramen goes off. Sitting down alone in your empty kitchen, you quickly gobble up the ramen noodles and drank the hot soup. Just as you set your chopsticks down on the side of the ramen cup, your phone goes off.  "Hello? Yes, I'm heading there right now boss. Al-alright, I'm coming now."  Throwing the ramen away in the trash can, you quickly rush out of your door as fast as you could.

 

 

"God damnit Y/N! Don't you know you're 5 minutes late! That costs me money and time!" Apologizing to your boss, you put on your uniform and head to the back of the counter. "I'm sorry, I won't be late again-" "You better not be late or else you'll be fire, understand me! This is what I get for hiring a college girl who thinks they could do whatever they want." You say your goodbyes to your boss and continue to check out items for the customers. "I apologize for earlier, can I help you with anything else?"

 

 

Rushing to your bus stop, you continue to check your phone looking at the time. "Come on, I can't be late for another job again." You look around for your bus frantically hoping it would arrive soon. Luckily, you spot the bus turn the corner causing you to smile happily. You check your pocket for bus money, since you forgot your bus card at home, and walk behind an elderly woman waiting to enter the bus. "Oh dear, it look like I'm short. Could you please just let me in young man?" said the elderly woman. "I'm sorry, I can't do that. If I let you then I have to do the same for others. I'm sorry." he reply back. Looking at your money, you hesitated for a while before giving it to the woman in front of you, "Here you go. I can just walk." Before the woman could thank you, you already ran off towards your job.

 

 

Luckily for you, you actually made it in time for your car washing job. "Here ya go Y/N! Make sure the customers are happy alright!" Nodding your head, you send off your leader with a smile before washing a customer's car. "Wash it well for me, I'll make a quick stop to the store before heading back here. Take care of my baby for me." You promise the man that you'll take care of his car and wash it well. As he leave, you began wiping the windows and washing it off with water. One of you co-workers grab a towel and help you dried the car off, "Hey Y/N, how about we turn on this car and take it for a drive? The guy won't be back for another 10 minutes." You shook your head," I don't think that's a good idea. If boss finds out, we'll lose our jobs. Plus, we shouldn't touch things that don't belong to us." Your co-worker ignore you and grab the car keys,"Well the dude left his keys here, so I'm just going to turn it on. Don't worry, I won't drive it. Just turning the engine on that's all." You back away and left the dude to himself," Whatever, I'm leaving because I'm not involved with this." Just as you turn back, suddenly you heard the car crash. Turning around, the co-worker man gets out from the car,"What the hell Y/N!!! Why was the car in Drive!?" You began to stutter, "I-I I don't know dude! Maybe you accidentally put it on drive-!" Before you could finish, your boss came out wondering what the noise was, "What happe- Oh my goodness....Who did this?!!!" Before you could say anything, the owner of the car scream when he saw the damage on his car. "What happen!!! My precious baby....WHO DID THIS?!!!" Suddenly, the co-worker man points at you before you realize the situation. "NO, no it wasn't me! I told-" Before you could say anything, the owner of the car spill his can of juice on top of your head causing you to be soak. "Pay. For. The. Damages. I will never come back here again!! I'm calling the cops!"  Your boss stop the man from calling the cops,"We'll pay for the damages, here's my number. Contact me the bill and I'll pay it. Please don't call the cops." The owner of the car finally calm down and agree. Your boss walk up to you and said the two words you always hated,"You're FIRE!"

 

 

Luckily for you, it was getting dark by the time you were heading home so no one was able to see what a mess you were. Touching your sticky orange juice hair, you were just exhuasted from running all day long. "Well, I guess its time to find another part time job." You stop talking to yourself when you heard an old woman voice calling out to you. "Hey! Hey young one. Come over here and buy some seeds, I have lots of different kinds of seeds here for you." You look around you to see if the woman was talking to you or not. Seeing that no one was around you, she was definitely talking to you. Walking towards the old woman you hold your arms together since it was chilly. "I'm sorry ma'am, I don't have any money on me right now." As you walked closer to her, the woman look familar to you. "Have I seen you before?" You asked her. She ignore your question and grab you closer to look at her seeds. "It's okay if you don't have money, come here child. Do you want some fruit seeds? Lettuce? Or maybe flowers?" Looking down, all you were thinking about was just going home and taking a hot shower. "I- I don't know. I really don't have time to be taking care of a plant-" You saw the old woman looking at you closely. She clears before putting one of her hand behind her back, "Here, take these seven flower seeds." She force the seeds onto your palms,"But I don't have time-" She interrupts you, "Just take it! Why do you youngster always talk,talk, talk! This is for earlier at the bus stop!" Your eyes widen, "Aha! So it was you earlier! No wonder you looked so familar to me." The woman clears once more, "Make sure you take care of those seeds I gave you. Those are rare and you won't find them anywhere else."  Looking down at the seeds, you examine it closely. "They look the same to other seeds to me-" The woman lean closer to your face, "You HAVE to take care of them. It's my present to you. They'll bring you good luck. I'm sure you need that right now...right?" Her voice change from a nagging grandma to a caring mother. You smile back and thank her, "Thank you then. I hope you sell more for your business!" As you continue off towards home, the old woman look back at you with a smile, "You must take care of them seeds..Must."