First Sight

Star-Crossed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Amidst the color and the cheers, the lovely young prince, devoid of all emotions sat in the middle of the Grand Hall. There was dancing, laughter, and merriment all around. Everyone raised their glasses and toasted to celebrate the life of the young prince.

Everyone except him.

He was never a big fan of these festivities; the young prince thought it was a waste of time and money. But since he is of royal blood, his father, the King, insisted. So, he had no choice but to sit there and pretend he was joyful.

But really, he was bored out of his mind.

His magnificent blue irises scanned the room, hopeful for anything to amuse him. Unfortunately, nothing, not even the voices of the royal singers lit up his gloomy birthday.

"Your highness!"

One of the Royal dukes approached the throne. The prince could not remember who he was, but royal code of conduct said he had to pretend he did. He extended his hand for the duke to kiss.

"Many happy returns," said the duke, "I brought you a present."

The prince looked around; he saw the growing mound of gifts piled up in one area. "You may hand it to one of my men," he said politely, "They will take care of it."

The duke laughed. "Oh, that's not it," he replied, "My gift shall come to life in a minute."

"What?"

All of a sudden, the light in the Grand Hall was extinguished; they were engulfed in total darkness. The guests were in a flurry, loudly wondering about the light. Even the prince himself stood up, trying to feel his surroundings. What was the crazy duke up to?

In a second, the light came back — only this time, the solitary chandelier was focused on a figure standing in the middle of them all.

The first thing he noticed was her long silver hair falling behind her. Locks of it rested on her bare shoulders. It took the lovely prince a minute to observe the rest of the figure: bare shoulders exposed, slender figure, and back facing him. Tassels hung from the hands.

The attire said it all.

Appalled, the prince could not speak. A voice from the crowd did the job for him.

“Did you just bring a gypsy to the Grand Hall?” asked one of the royals, “For shame!”

The duke smiled, still holding his glass of wine confidently. “Oh that’s not just any gypsy,” he remarked, then he looked at the startled prince, “That Silver Belle over there...is the finest piece of entertainment you’ll ever witness.”

Right on cue, she flawlessly turned around, spinning with just one bare foot. Her tassels turned out to be colourful scarves that twisted gracefully with her. When she stopped twirling, she landed on the marbled floor, her hair covering her face.

When she looked up, the prince was even more astounded.

 

Her eyes...those eyes.

 

Before he could even catch his breath, she started to dance.

 

 

“Why are we here again?”

“Hush, JK. Don’t be too obvious. These people can sense fear.”

“So can we.”

 

V shook his head as he peeked from one of the hedges, scanning the environment from his hiding place. Trailing behind him, JK gripped the straps of his black bag, peeking as he did.

It was different from the bars they trespassed; a drastically different place compared to the bars and clubs The Brotherhood hung out in. Those places were usually dirty, dingy, and not at all classy. This one was a massive jump from the filthy dumpsters they hung out.

They called it lounges — rich people term for clubs.

“Do you have the shirts?”

JK nodded. “Yeah, in the bag,” answered the dongsaeng, “I’m already wearing the pants, actually.”

V glanced at the dongsaeng and noticed he was wearing the dark silk pants already.

“Why? You’d get dirt on it!”

“No, I won’t. I’m good at being clean.”

The older boy was sorely tempted to smack the dongsaeng’s head, but they shouldn’t waste any more time. They had to cross to the other side of the hedge to change, then they had to go inside with the special pass Suga gave through RM. Hopefully, V and JK would pass for rich people.

“Well, don’t get too much dirt on it. Remember, these people are very sensitive.”

JK smirked. “Trust me, hyung. I’ll be good at this.”

Eventually, the boys reached the other side. They scurried to the darkest corner, avoiding the eyes of cameras and watchful security. They quickly dug inside the bag JK had, taking out the clothes that were too rich for their blood. Suga kept them handy for operations like this.

“Who are we looking for again, hyung?”

V perused the file whilst trying to fix his tie. “Some guy named...Kim Seokjin,” he said, then he shoved the file towards JK.

"What are we paid to a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter