Do Overs and Second Chances?

House of Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3

"W-What?!" Mark said in disbelief.

"I told you. I'm seeing someone." Jaebum heartily smiled, "We started going out last week."

Their first period finished earlier than they'd expected and they were at the school's cafeteria to kill time. It had been a month since Jinyoung introduced Jaebum to Mark and both of them became close to each other. Since then, they'd been going to classes together. 

But one time, Jaebum confronted him that he knew about Jinyoung's plan on confessing and him helping Jinyoung to work everything out. Mark thought it was silly of Jaebum to not return Jinyoung's feelings but who he was to get angry? Jaebum told him that he noticed Jinyoung's feelings when they were in middle school but neither him nor Jinyoung had talked about it and he was afraid that it would ruin their friendship. Mark can understand Jaebum well enough and he haven't told anything about this matter on Jinyoung. He respected Jaebum's decisions after all.

"What are you gonna do to Jinyoungie then?" Mark was desperate. He knew that it would really hurt the younger when he will hear this.

"I'll talk properly to Jinyoung when the time is right." Jaebum said and it made Mark relieved.

"You should." Mark said and looked at his phone that received a message from Jinyoung. "Speak of the devil." He showed his phone at Jaebum and they both chuckled.

[Jinyoung, 9:17AM]

Hyung, I've decided. I'll confess to Jaebum hyung later at lunch. Somehow, I feel like I can do it today! Thank you for everything that you've done to help me. Wish me luck~

To be honest, he haven't really helped the younger with Jaebum except of that time he got free amusement tickets and gave it to Jinyoung and Jaebum and those silly advices he gave to Jinyoung that the younger was really thankful of. And by the time he knew Jaebum's side, he became neutral. But every now and then, he still gave Jinyoung ideas and opinions.

And today, as of the moment, he doesn't know what to do. For all the times, why would Jinyoung confess now when Jaebum found himself a lover? This would be a really long day. So instead of replying a reassuring and supporting message, he just replied 

[Mark, 9:17AM]

Glad to hear that and you're welcome, Jinyoung.

"What did he say, Mark?" Jaebum questioned as he looked at Mark who put his phone inside his pocket.

"Nothing. He said he's excited to meet you later at lunch." Mark half-lied.

"That makes me more nervous to face him, you know?" Mark just laughed at Jaebum.

"Jaebum hyung! Yi-en!" Jackson suddenly called from behind.

"Jackson? What happened?" Jaebum eyed Jackson who yawned really loud and looked really haggard.

"I overslept and I'm already late in my first period so I decided to skip." Jackson replied lazily as he rested his chin on the table of the cafeteria.

Jaebum and Jackson were acquaintances at the Film Club and Mark was surprised when he knew this. He also became friends with some of Jackson's friend, like the Thai guy who was obsessed with overused memes. He never knew that a world could be this small and he could easily make friends on it.

"Isn't it time you should call me hyung too?" Mark piped up while sulking and it made Jackson to laugh.

"Yi-en, as I know, you're a first year student." Jackson swirled his pointer finger in front of Mark.

"So? What are you implying?" Mark said annoyingly as he grabbed Jackson's finger and playfully bent it.

"Ouch! That hurts!" Jackson pouted while backing away from Mark's hand. "Anyway, I'm saying, shouldn't you call me 'Jackson sunbae-nim'?" he slurred, drowsiness leaving his body suddenly.

"Are you kidding me?" Mark squinted his eyes and Jackson squinted back.

"I never tell half-assed jokes." This made Jaebum to muffle a laugh.

"What's so funny?" Mark and Jackson said in unison.

"You two look like an idiotic couple." Jaebum said, "It's too amusing to watch."

"We're not. Yi-en and I are not a couple." Jackson said as his tone quite changed which Mark had noticed.

"Of course you're not. Idiot." Jaebum laughed.

"I'm not an idiot!" Jackson protested with a whine. Mark was sure that Jackson's mood became foul just a second on which Jaebum had failed to notice. What Mark was not sure of is that if Jackson was really his best friend in high school. Or maybe more than that.

🍑

Lunch came. Mark didn't knew what came into Jinyoung's mind that he was invited at the cafe where he and Jinyoung became regulars.

"So, why are you inviting me?" Mark piped up as he looked at the younger suspiciously who calmly sipped on his caramel macchiato.

"You should be the witness of my confession hyung." Jinyoung mischievously smiled.

"Are you out of your mind? Why do you even need a witness?" Mark eyed Jinyoung with presentiment.

"So that if I fail, someone would be there to encourage me that it's alright." Jinyoung mumbled enough for Mark to hear. 

Mark sighed. "It can't be helped then. But don't you go crying in my shoulders. I won't lend it to you." he said jokingly.

"I know, silly." Jinyoung slapped Mark's back with brute force.

"Damn that hurts, Jinyoung! Are you a sadist?!" Mark winced as Jinyoung gasped in disbelief. "I'm not!"

Mark stood up from his seat as soon as he saw Jaebum across the street. "Jinyoung-ah, Jaebum's here. I'll be there at that table." he patted the younger's shoulder as he hurriedly went to the table not far enough from Jinyoung.

"Thank you hyung." Jinyoung started wiping his sweat that was forming in his forehead. M

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter