The King Has Arrived

House of Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2

 

​"Mark hyung!" Mark heard Jinyoung had shouted his name the moment he entered the campus.

"Jinyoungie? What's up?" He looked at the boy who was trying to catch his breath from running all the way up here.

"It's Thursday hyung! I'll introduce you to Jaebum hyung after your first period. You're vacant at that time, right?" He exclaimed excitedly as he put on a smile. Both of them actually told each other's schedule the moment Mark agreed to help Jinyoung. Mark knew that this Jaebum guy was Jinyoung's childhood friend, afterall he asked for the name.

"I'll finally meet your man then? Sure, Jinyoung. I'll see you after my first class," Mark said although it has bitterness on the sentence but he patted the younger's head. "and don't get too excited. It's creeping me out." he added which made Jinyoung to whine in protest.

"Whatever. See you hyung! Don't get lost. See me at the usual place." Jinyoung said as he turned his heels at the opposite direction, probably heading to his Biology class.

Mark smiled as he looked at Jinyoung's shadow to disappear then headed to the other building. He was walking with a smile on his face. It hasn't been weeks and he already found a friend. Maybe he wasn't introverted like he assumed. When he was about to get his earphones and plug it on his phone, he bumped into someone that caused his to land on the floor with a loud thud.

'Damn, that hurts.' he thought as he collected his earphones and the sore spot.

"Oh my god, man! I'm so sorry! Are you okay?!" the one who bumped him retorted in shock as he held a hand to help Mark stand up which the latter accepted.

Mark stood up and looked at the guy who bumped him. He thought that the man was very charismatic and he felt a weird pull when he locked eyes with the man. He was shorter than him, brownish hair that complemented his eyebrows, round eyes and muscular body. Mark can tell that the guy is athletic by the latter's build.

"I'm fine. It's my fault that I wasn't looking at—" Mark noticed that the guy looked at him with... sadness and longing? "Hey, are you fine? You look pale." 

"Y-Yi-en?" the guy suddenly said which made Mark to perk up.

"Who are you? How do you know my name? Do I know you?" the blond questioned the guy in a desperate manner. Mark noticed that the guy displayed a pained expression causing him to sigh, "I'm so sorry if I can't recognize you. I have amnesia."

"O-Oh. It's okay. I'm Jackson Wang, third year in Business Management. How have you been Yi-en?" Jackson said as he displayed a smile towards Mark.

"I'm fine, I guess." Mark put on an awkward smile at Jackson as the brunette patted his stiff shoulders and said, "Good to hear that."

"If it's not rude to ask, why are you calling me in my Taiwanese name? Are we that close?" Mark strikes a question which caused Jackson to laugh but it was kinda forced on Mark's perspective.

"We used to go to the same high school. You and I were best friends back then. I heard that you were involved in a car accident but I was in Seoul at that time. I'm so sorry if I wasn't able to visit you." Jackson said which made Mark to smile in contentment. The thought of meeting someone in the campus that knows him before makes him want to jump out of joy.

"It's okay. If you visited you'll be bored. I've been in coma for about two years anyway." Mark retorted causing Jackson to gasped. Surprisingly, he felt that he was comfortable towards Jackson.

"I'm really sorry, Yi-en. I'm so sorry." Jackson sounded like he was really in pain and more like he was apologizing about other stuff that happened but Mark shrugged the idea off.

"Hey, it's really okay. Anyway, I really need to go to my class." Mark looked at his watch and swifted back his gaze with an apologetic look at his long time friend that he just knew today. How ironic.

"Okay. Take care, Yi-en! Let's hang out other time?" Jackson offered which Mark gladly accepted as he walked towards his class.

🍑

After the incident, Mark was humming his favorite song happily while waiting for Jinyoung on their usual hang out cafe. Both of them became regulars at the said cafe even if it hasn't been weeks since both of them started college. Mark also ordered his usual caffeine drink, which is iced americano.

Not later on, Jinyoung arrived with a guy which Mark assumed was Jaebum. Mark can really tell at first sight even with or without knowing that Jinyoung was really

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter