Spring Day

Royals

The air was cold outside the movie house. Surprising as it may be, Siyeon actually felt nervous. Although she wasn't nervous about what might happen later on as her feet led her to where the parking lot was. She was more nervous at how Kyungwon would react because of how she just stormed off earlier. But she was also angry and sad and jealous at how Kyungwon had also felt the same way towards the other girls as she did with her. The younger girl somehow knew it was like that, plus Kyungwon had now started doing failed hearts with the others as well, some sort of antic the duo had started. But still, Siyeon thought that maybe, just maybe, she was slightly different from the rest. Eventhough she tries so hard to deny it to herself, she thought she was special, like Kyungwon was to her.

 

Siyeon was too absorbed in thought that she didn't even notice that she had already reached her destination. It was an unfamiliar cough that snapped her out it.

 

The eighteen-year-old saw a dark-haired boy smiling at her. He looked a bit older than her, but Siyeon found it strange how the boy's small eyes seemed to smile at her. "Huh," she said to herself. Maybe this is what other people would call a 'type'. The way he looked at her made her feel a little funny, but it didn't quite reach Kyungwon's level.

 

"You actually came," he said, as if in disbelief. But all the younger girl could take note of was how low his voice was and how his eyes still kept smiling at her. Siyeon was so lost in his eyes that it took her a while to compose herself. "You told me to meet with you after the movie right? Here I am." 

 

He takes a step forward and cups her cheek with his hand, not once breaking eye contact. It looked as if Siyeon was being pinned against the steel wire fence, which technically, she almost was. His hand was cold -- unlike Kyungwon's that always managed to make her feel safe. Siyeon has never liked the idea of depending on others, but she could sure use someone right now. Anybody would do, really. But deep down, Siyeon would much rather prefer it to be Kyungwon. The boy used his free hand to play with the ends of Siyeon's hair, something Siyeon did not know she didn't like. Suddenly all the thoughts of him even being her type vanished. "You are so cute," She was not liking where this was going. Siyeon despised people who thought they could get away with doing anything they wanted, and now she despises how this stranger was just casually touching her as if she was some object. It felt like underneath that sweet and rich surface was nothing but venom. "It's Eunwoo, by the way."

 

"Stop touching me," Siyeon spat. She tried pushing the boy away, desperately trying to put some space between them, but he stood firm. He had stopped playing with her raven locks by then, and looked even more amused than before. She wasn't exactly doing a good job at concealing her nervousness. 

 

Eunwoo raised his hand, grazing his thumb across Siyeon's lower lips. Had she been in her normal state, she would have already kneed him in the area where it hurt the most, but Siyeon had a hard time processing everything. She now understands the feeling of being paralyzed by fear. By now, Eunwoo has both of his hands on her cheeks. "Feisty," he chuckles. "But what if I don't want to, though? Is Fairy Godmother going to save your day? Got any woodland creatures ready to attack me? Tell me, princess, what are you gonna do about it?"

 

A lone tear trickled down the younger girl's cheek, but it wasn't because she was scared. She was terrified, of course, but Siyeon was just so mad at how the universe was treating her tonight that she let her emotions slip out a bit. She was mad at how Eunwoo made her feel this small. She was mad at Kyungwon because she knew the older girl was right. She was mad at herself for not even being able to do something about it. For the first time in her life, she felt so... useless.

 

"That's what I thought." Siyeon kept trying to push the boy off of her, even when he began to lean in. She kept trying, even when each attempt grew weaker and weaker. She had eventually stopped, and the younger girl could only let out muffled sobs as the arrogant look that Eunwoo had on his face crushed her pride. She tried her best not to cry. It was stupid, but could you really blame her for not wanting to have her first kiss stolen by a random guy who gave you movie tickets? She may not seem like it, but she was also the type who had always dreamed of having her first  to be a special one, with a special person.

 

With her eyes closed, only one person comes to her mind. "As always," Siyeon thought as flashes of the bright Kang Kyungwon played through her head like a movie. She utters under her breath, "I want to see you."

 

❀❀❀

 

"Park Siyeon! Come back here!"

 

No matter how hard Kyungwon screamed, it was useless. The tall girl thinks about all the possible reasons why Siyeon left her. It couldn't be because she was jealous of the other girls, right? Siyeon wasn't that immature. And why would she even be jealous in the first place? The tall girl lets out an exasperated sigh. Why the heck was this kid being so difficult anyway? Was she going through some phase or something? Kyungwon honestly had no idea. 

 

Her chain of thoughts gets interrupted by a phone call from Nayoung. "Kyungwon, where are you and Siyeon?"

 

"We're at the movies but she went outside. Why, unnie?"

 

"I called to tell you to be careful. Jieqiong just got harrassed outside the convenience store while waiting for Minkyung and I and the situation could have gotten much worse if we weren't  able to get there in time. Just... just come home "

 

Kyungwon knows it was disrespectful of her for not even saying goodbye. But right now ― as she sprinted, successfully dodging everyone that came in her path ― all she could think about was Siyeon . Had she gone home by herself? Did those dumb boys try to stop her? Was she atleast safe right now? Those were the kind of thoughts that were racing through her mind. 

 

Everyone but Siyeon could see just how much Kyungwon cared about the younger girl. She wasn't very vocal about it, but her actions truly spoke louder than words, it just wasn't loud enough for Siyeon to hear. On the contrary, Kyungwon didn't really do anything about it before and she hadn't even considered confessing to be an option. But if the younger girl did in fact walk out on her because she was jealous, then she was just as stupidly dense as she was. Kyungwon does not know what she would do with herself if something were to happen to Park Siyeon.

 

❀❀❀

 

It is six in the evening when Kyungwon barges into the room she shares with Siyeon. She noticed that she wasn't really spending as much time with the younger girl than she used to. Kyungwon had been so focused in their training lately, which was unusual for the normally carefree girl, but she really just wanted to put in a lot more effort for their first album. Quite frankly, she missed her. A lot. So when Siyeon looks up to check who it might be, she gets a pleasant surprise by the older girl throwing her arms around her.

 

"I can't breathe."

 

"Ddiddi-ah," Kyungwon whines. "I haven't seen you as much lately. I'm sorry."

 

The younger girl finally hugs her back, something that never fails to warm her heart. "Aigoo, unnie, I missed you too."

 

The two lie side by side on Siyeon's bed, their conversation having gone on for what seemed like hours. They catch up with each other, Kyungwon talking about the preparations for their debut and Siyeon talking about what she's missed whenever the older girl is in the studio recording. But they mostly just talk about random things in their time together, about whatever pops up in their heads. Tonight for instance, it's the classic and timeless topic about love. It is now Kyungwon who gets surprised by Siyeon's sudden question.

 

"Unnie," she starts. "Have you ever been in love before?"

 

Kyungwon stops to think about it. She then recalls the first time she met Siyeon. She was older than her by three years but the girl in front of her had been training for almost all her life. No one had doubted the younger girl's passion and dedication, working so hard to reach her dream of becoming a singer. Kyungwon thought that it was beautiful. And now, it was the first time in a very long while that she's been asked this question and she found it strange that the first thing that would come to mind was Siyeon. But the older girl had always admired how she was so determined that she could take on the world by herself, even if she occasionally says and does the most stupid things. Love was what Kyungwon felt every time Siyeon's eyes crinkled whenever she smiled. And suddenly, it all made sense. 

 

She looks at the girl beside her  adoringly, although the latter didn't quite seem to catch it. "Yeah, I think I have."

 

❀❀❀

 

wooosh forgive me for portraying eunwoo as the "bad guy" here [ i don't have to be an astro stan (which i am not) to know that this is far from that pure boi's actual personality ] but if it makes y'all feel any better i chose him bc i lowkey ship him with xiyeon bc have you sEEN MUSIC CORE ?? TOP-NOTCH VISUALS RIGHT THERE 100% WOWZA 

thank you for subscribing and for atleast giving this a read as well, i am honored. ( ̄З ̄) ♡ also had to do a bit of research for this *adjusts imaginary glasses* bc i literally have no experience in writing that kind of scene lol but meh lemme know what u think, all kinds of feedback will always be warmly appreciated in the comments. plz judge me ʕ •̀ ω •́ ʔ

aaand #BTSBBMAs (ノ´ヮ`)ノ*: ・゚