Chapter 2

Give Me Some Me Times

Sowon stopped by at a rental car.

Sowon try to make her look as normal as she can be. She just wear normal clothes, grey jamper, black tight jeans, her old blue jersey jacket, her long time black sneaker, with unbranded black backpack. Her look that time is like normal common college student.

Luckily her red hair is already turn to dark even before they went trip to Swiss before, so she think her appearance will less noticed by public, she even not put any make up in purpose. But, one thing she doesn't know that her natural face beauty and body posture are actually enough to make people turn their head and stare at her to mezmerized.

But, everyone seems not recognized her, thanks to her old dental brace and fake glasses that she put before she's out from the cab. Nobody think that a popular girl group's leader such as Sowon would came to rent a car by herself.

 

Sowon rent a small car, type of common car that a college student might could afford. She so proud of herself by the time she already sit on driver seat. Her smile spread wide as if from ear to ear. She already has driver license even before her debut. It was one of her dreams to get driver license as soon as she reached her adult age after she get her ID-card.

Although, she almost never drive a car after her debut, but fortunately she manage to get used herself to drive again.

The first stop is a mini market. She buy a lots of snack, breads, and waters. The cashier is a boy who look younger than her. He stare at her suspiciously. Sowon feel her heart beating fast anxiously. She even feel her cold sweat flowing from her nape to her back, but she try to keep calm. Thanks to her experience as a girl group leader who always have to be the one who have sanity to handle any situations.

She made it came out from that mini market with a full shopping bag. After she drop her things in the car, and sit on her driver seat, she can't hold herself to clapping exitedly but manage to hold to scream out, proud of her acomplished mission without anyone notice her as celebrity, not even one asked. Then she start to drive forward. Sowon carefully notice every road signs. But then after sometimes she begin to relax and enjoy her trip. Her tense body before became relax as if her driver seat is the most comfortable couch she ever seated. Her driving speed even faster after she full filled her car tank. Her confident rise up.

 

After about an hour, sowon already out from Seoul and entering Seongnam, Gyeonggi Province. Sowon feel proud that she able to escaped from Seoul traffic by driving by herself. As if she an unleashed dog, she want to run wildly while scream and laugh out loud, jump around or maybe tumbling around. Sowon feel so free, her stuffy chest before already gone, her lung are feel so loose. Her head feel so light. And her mood is so good. Her smile constantly plastered on her face. She even smile wider after take off her dental brace.^^

 

Sowon enjoying her trip so much. She turn on the car radio and sing along loudly with every songs that on the radio while enjoying the scenery along the road. She purposefully not take city route but take the outer road to avoid city crowd. She's so happy to viewing large field with farmers who look happilly working, friendly villagers who always has sincere smile on their face.

 

Sowon reach to Iksan, province of Jeollabuk-do, the home of the ancient Baekje kingdom, she even stop by at Ssangneung (royal tombs), the graves of King Mu and his Queen. 

That Royal Tombs site is surrounding trees. Sowon walking alone along the path feel like walking in the middle of forest. Fresh air, quiet, and the sun shine shily between leaves. It really different situation than Sowon usually had on her regular busy day.

The path in the middle of forest where Sowon walking to The Royal Tombs

 

The Queen’s grave was about 200 yards away from the King’s. While she standing in front of the Queen’s grave, she remember about their story on her National Historic Book when she at school few years ago. She sincerely feel sad for the King Mu who lost his beloved Queen after just 13 years of marriage.

 

The next place is the Iksan Wanggungni Historic Site, to see the five-story stone pagoda. Sowon walking alone while looking at that site with neat large garden with green fresh grass, and beautiful trees on the side. Sowon stopped under 2 trees closest with the pagoda. From there she can viewing the pagoda and entire site comfortably. She's alone there. It's so quiet and peaceful. She really glad she's there that day, on work day when nobody else there.

2 trees closest with the pagoda where Sowon stopped to see the five-story stone pagoda at the Iksan Wanggungni Historic Site

 

If before on 'GFriend Loves Europe' show she said she had difficulty to spent her time alone, she really can't have fun by herself and even can't eat alone, always needs somebody accompanion, but at that time she really forget about that and having fun by herself. She even take a lot of selfies with happy face at those places.

 

At lunch time, Sowon decided to stopped by at a small Ddeokgalbi (떡갈비: minced short rib meat shaped into patties then charcoal-grilled) restaurant in a quiet countryside. She eat a lot. She even order Tapmaru rice, the best-quality rice in Korea, one of Iksan's agricultural pride.

Iksan Ddeokgalbi (익산 떡갈비)

 

After lunch she continue her trip. But unfortunately she get trouble with the car. The engine is stop and she can't start it again. She already try multiple times. But get worse. There's smoke came out from the front cap. And that time she is in the middle of nowhere but a large field and nobody there. Sowon try to make a call to the rental car company, luckily they said will sent somebody from their nearest office branch to fix the car.

 

Sowon wait for about an hour when finally somebody really came to fix the car. A tall guy who in wearpack. He came riding a motorcycle.

 

Guy : "Miss Kim?"

Sowon : "Yes."

Sowon a bit surprise when suddenly somebody knock her window shield.

 

Guy : "I came to fix the car."

Sowon : "Ahh... yes, please."

Sowon came out from the car to give that guy space to work.

Sowon waiting while sit under the tree at the side road near her car. She watching that guy fixing the car. She think to herself that guy has a nice tall body and good looking face. Sowon thought that guy is kinda have similarity with actor Nam Joo Hyuk, just in different hair style, darker skin tone and bigger body build kinda hardworker type. When he concentrating on his work with a bit frown, Sowon even find that guy look charming.

 

Sowon : "What's wrong? You can fix it right?"

Guy : "The carburator is drained. I just have to fill water on it and clean up some other parts. Don't worry Miss. It won't take long."

He assured her with confident and witty smile.

 

"Wow... his smile even make him more handsome.." Sowon thought by herself.

 

It's about a half hour, when that guy try to start the engine, and it successfully on. Sowon gladly sigh then stand up from her sitting under the tree.

 

Sowon : "Thanks. I can see how good you are with your work."

Guy : "Hahaha... thanks Miss. It's not a big deal."

Sowon : "It is a big deal, 'cause I don't know how to fix it by myself."

Guy : "Miss, you shouldn't measure things on how you can handle it or not. Humans are not perfect. Everybody have their own speciality. Maybe I can fix your car right now, but maybe you can also fix something that I can't fix."

Sowon : "Like... what?"

Guy : "I don't know... hahaha!"

Sowon laugh too.

 

Guy : "Miss, you are from Seoul, right?"

Sowon : "Yes."

Guy : "Hmmm... where are you going? Are you alone? Do you running away from home?"

That guy give Sowon a suspicious look.

 

Sowon : "Hahaha... no. I'm not running away. I'm just having my private trip."

Sowon try to convince that guy, while her heart and mind are fighting inside, 'cause actually she realized what she do right that time is kinda 'running away', but it's not like she won't come back. She will definitely come back. But not now...

 

Sowon : "How much do I have to pay you?"

Guy : "Not necessary Miss... it include on the rent insurance."

Sowon : "Ouwh.. okay. So.. thank you, again."

Guy : "You're welcome, Miss." That guy smilling again.

 

Sowon : "Hmm..  can I extend my rent?"

Guy : "Yes, of course. You just have to call the office to tell them."

Sowon : "Okay. I'll call them."

 

Guy : "Miss, sorry.. but really where are you going by yourself?"

Sowon : "I just want to have my little adventure to Busan just to eat some my favorite sea food." Sowon shily tell that guy while grinning.

Guy : "What?!! Are you kidding me? You can buy sea food everywhere. Doesn't have to go to Busan. If you just want to eat fresh sea food while on the beach, you even can go to Gunsan, it nearer here. Or any beach nearer. Geez... there are beaches near Seoul too, right?"

That guy expressing his surprised directly.

 

Sowon : "Hahaha... yes of course I can buy at Seoul. I just want to have my little adventure, do you mind? Hahaha...!"

Guy : "Okay. I get it, Miss. Have fun with your adventure. Just be careful. You are alone and you such a pretty girl... i think you should try to be a celebrity. It suit you."

Sowon : "Do I? Hahaha...!"

Sowon feel her cheek warmer, she start to worry how her look right that time. It must be as red as a cooked crab. She start to fanning herself using her hand.

Sowon : "Then you should try to be one too..."

 

Then that guy leave. Sowon call the rent car company to extend her car. After she get the deal, Sowon gladly continue her trip.