Heartbeat.

Ready to love

SungKyung's phone beeped when she got into her hotel room. It was the name that have not appeared over a year long. She read the message with a sigh and replied. "No, we are not. You should not be concern about this. Lets not cross the line anymore."

She went through the hard way forgetting the times she had with JooHyuk. The tears no one know of. The heartbreak she's too guarded to share anyone. But time indeed heals her. She set her focus on other more meaningful things. Seeing him again hurts but confronting the awkwardness will be a better way out. And she's right on that decision. She could finally see him as a friend again.

It will be a lie saying she does not feel anything when news of JooHyuk and SeKyung together surfaced. "He's no longer my NamJooHyuk. I am no longer his Lee SungKyung. We are both free to date whoever we want." Placing her hand on her chest as she closed her eyes briefly to overcome the looming heaviness.

JooHyuk didnt like the way she replied to his text messages eventhough he's glad they are not a couple, yet.

"I am just curious. Lets meet up while we are here, just the two of us. And talk, casually, like before."

SungKyung let out a breath. "We can meet up but i dont think just the two of us is possible."

As their text messages continued, both shared their schedule with one another.

----------

"Seriously! Nam JooHyuk, how did you train to have such killer body? Is that a must have for models?"

The production team of Bride of the Water God started the day early with water sports where Boracay is known for; their clear blue water and finest sandly white beach.

"Hey look! SeKyung's really got a damn hot body!" Although they were all joking, JooHyuk wasnt interested. He was rather more concenrated on the other side thats going on with SungKyung and SooHyuk. According to her schedule, they should be nearby.

"Ok. SooHyuk, get over here." was heard and that name catches the attention of the entire group. Their jaws dropped when they saw how chiseled his body is. The difference between JooHyuk and SooHyuk is one more of a lean frame while the other has a manly vibe. And their eyes couldnt blink when they saw SungKyung bikini's body.

"Now i know why you are not interested in SeKyung's. Although she is not curvy, SungKyung's proportion is amazing. So slender and innocently s*exy." JooHyuk creased his brows as he looked upon that direction. While SooHyuk is in boardshorts, SungKyung was clad in a two piece crop top bikini. She looks just as beautiful as before.  

"Guys, we are not here to peep at others. Lets go, come on. JooHyuk, stop staring. Everyone is waiting for you.", the director called out when JooHyuk's was standing at the same spot for a good 5mins. Getting out of his foolishness, JooHyuk joined the cast and started the list of activities planned. Their motor boat rode off the water in high speed, causing SeKyung to fall against him.

"Be careful. Hold here." JooHyuk's concern made the females around swoon over him whispering how lucky is SeKyung.

----------

As they were snorkeling, a poorly mantained wooden boat anchored nearby.

"SungKyung, lets start!" JooHyuk's ears perked up when her name was heard. Being a model himself, he guessed that the concept of her shott might be tribal vintage. And he was right when she appeared in a see through long beach dress draped over her inner pieces. Her hair was pleated to the side, she looks like a ancient goddess.

"You shoud stop staring like a p*ervert." SooHyuk cursed internally when he saw the same old people almost on a daily basis. He saw JooHyuk looking at her direction and walked near him.

"I am not the one clinging on her like a leech. Your skinship is not necessary. She's a girl, dont forget that." JooHyuk countered back as he got up to his boat.

"Dont you wish you are me then? Dont go throwing daggers at anyone who's close to her. You gave that up boy." With that said cooly, SooHyuk walked off when his name was called upon.

Not leaving his spot, JooHyuk continued to be an audience their shoot. He cant deny, they looked perfect. Lee SooHyuk is not a empty vessel. He knows how to work with his talent. And SungKyung has grown magnificently. Although this is how models worked, JooHyuk didnt like seeing SooHyuk's hands around SungKyung. Seeing her sitting on his lap, his arms around her waist, their faces so close. JooHyuk let out a long sigh and left his spot.

----------

Laughters were heard. Almost everyone looked whats going on. All except JooHyuk. He recognised that laughter.

"They look so natural! Are they really just posing for pictures? I dont believe it! JooHyuk! Is this what is called, model professionalism?"

Before he could reply, a splash was heard. Followed by,"Oh s*hit! SungKyung! Are you ok! SooHyuk! i*diot! What did you do?!"

JooHyuk's first reaction was to dash to the side. 'She's not very comfortable with water!' His mind had this and he didnt care if his chair hit the floor shocking those around him from the impact of his movement. As he see her struggling in the water, not calling for help, he dived in immediately. Swimming as fast as he could towards her. Just as her head dipped below, he caught hold of her tightly.

"Shh.. its fine. i got you. Dont worry. Relax and breathe lightly." JooHyuk whispered softly as he felt her shivering against him. Her arms wrapped securedly around his neck. Her lips next to his ears,"Thank you.."

SooHyuk accessed the situaion and realised he made a foolish mistake of pranking her off the boat when the photographer called the shoot a day. JooHyuk held her up their boat and took covered her up with towel. 

"Are you ok SungKyung? Thank god you know how to swim! But oh my! JooHyuk, so manly." The editors eased the tension lightly.

Going up to SooHyuk, "Before you want to do anything, think of the consequences. Looks like you didnt know she's not really a fan of water."

That scene was seen by SungKyung. After JooHyuk left, she called out to SooHyuk. "Yah! Come over here. Dry my hair! You caused this mess!"

"Im sorry. I didnt know. And i thought i knew you enough..." SooHyuk said softly.

"Thats because i disnt say. When they asked about our water skills, remember i said i am really good in it, like a mermaid?"

This is how exactly Lee SungKyung is. She makes you feel better. "You made him a hero & made me feel crap! Take this!" SooHyuk roughly dried her hair and everyone laughed madly when he commented she's medusa.  

"Thats a natural reaction. Afterall, its years and not months. So, continue to feel crap!" SungKyung teased SooHyuk further. His heartbeat increased its pace seeing her goofing with him.

----------

"You shocked us! How can you just hop in! This is not Busan water!" The crew surrounded JooHyuk when he came back to them. They were very concern. SeKyung went up to him with a towel in hand and openly confessed,"You had me very worried. Dont do that again."

"My heart almost stopped when she's in there. My legs moved before my mind reacts." JooHyuk said softly, not hearing any words from anyone. Awkwardness surrounded the boat as they didnt know how to face SeKyung. One thing for sure, Nam JooHyuk is still head over heels for his ex-lover.

----------

Later the night, after dinner, SungKyung strolled along their hotel's pool and took a rest on the bean bag. The day's event flashes through her head. There's JooHyuk, there's SooHyuk. Both equally attractive men. Although SooHyuk has yet to confess to her but his friends has been telling her to give him a chance. That he has been waiting for her til she's ready to love again. She knows herself. Love is no where near her now. She has built a wall on that aspect. But when JooHyuk protected her from the deep water, being close to him made her realise her walls only falls when its him.

'Lee SungKyung. You are silly. All along, has it only be Nam JooHyuk alone? You have sucessfully turned it back to friendship, stop wanting something else with that boy!' As her mind debates within, the cool breeze lured her to sleep.

"Like before, you can sleep anywhere as long there's wind. Like before, i still search high and low to bring you back to safety... Can i still do that in future?" JooHyuk whispered. He saw her from his room balcony. He gave her space as she likes to spend alone time. But when it has been an hour and she wasnt moving, he knows instantly she has fallen alseep.

Picking her up gently, he took her back to his room as he did not want to disturb anyone to get her back to her own. As if sensing she's safe, SungKyung not once moved in her sleep while she was being carried. Placing her on his bed, he took his place on the couch. They are no longer lovers. He has to give her the respect no matter how much he wanted to be close.

Sun shining against her face. She realised she's not in her own room. Looking around, SungKyung placed her eyes warmly on the boy on the sofa. Tip-toeing to where he is, she covered him up with the comforter. Carassing the contours of his cheek, she whispered to herself "Still as smooth as before..." Unknowingly, she leaned towards and placed a light peck on his cheek before heading back to her room.

----------

The door closed. JooHyuk's eyes widen instantly as his hand touched where her lips were a few seconds ago. "You might not noticed but i think we are both ready to love again, SungKyung ah~".