Where It All Begins

Dangerously
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Isn’t it too fast to say that? It felt like it was only yesterday when you told me about Jeongyeon”

“Maybe to you. I’ve entirely gave up after Jeong started to get closer to Nayeon. I saw them like almost everywhere. Passing by the entrance of school to hallways and even Nayeon dares to ask me about Jeong”

“Like? Mina, Nayeon doesn’t know that you have feelings for Jeong”

“Well, yeah. Okay I guess I’m just…”

“Jealous?”

“N-no? Who…”

“Jealous, jealous, jealous”, Momo chuckles.

“Says the one who’s jealous too”, Mina pulls back and pouts. Both locking gazes again.

“Because the thought of you being in someone else’s arms, kills me”

“Momo….”

“So, what did Nayeon asked you?”, Momo rubs her thumb against Mina’s cheek.

“She asked like how Jeong is in class and telling me how she finds Jeong cute and such. Like I don’t need to know all these. I know it myself”

 

Momo laughs at how Mina is being adorable but the stinging pain in her heart still continues.

“Nayeon did that because she wants to know Jeong more. Not that I’m saying this to hurt you but, she expects you to give information to her so she could keep the small details of Jeongyeon in her memory space”

Mina starts to tear up, “I’m sorry for being such a burden. I felt like I’ve lost the war to Nayeon”

“You may have lost the war but take it positively, I’m pretty sure Jeong doesn’t want to lose you as a close friend right? Thus, Jeong already have her happiness and if you keep chasing, wouldn’t it hurt you more? I’m very sure that you want your own happiness too and you won’t want to destroy yourself just because of one person. Lastly, no, you’re not a burden to me”

“Tell me how can I not love you for who you are, Hirai. I guess it’s time to move on”

“Moving on as words might be easy, but it will take some time by action. Stop crying, you look so ugly”, Momo wipes Mina’s tears. “I’m not saying all these so that you can fall for me, but instead maybe you should try to observe your surroundings more. Many can fall for you but how many of them could be as sincere as me? I don’t mind waiting as long as you’ve figured out whether you’re still into Jeong or you’re moving on”

 

Mina was speechless at Momo’s words. She felt guilty.

“Can I stay over at your place tonight?”

“Sure. Don’t you have recital practices tomorrow?”, Momo furrows a brow.

“Nope”, Mina shakes her head.

Momo hums and caresses Mina’s hair. “I don’t want you to rush, okay? I just want to make sure that you’re not suffering so much because it pains me too”

“Momo….”

“Hmm?”

“Thank you”, Mina rests her forehead against Momo’s.

“For?”

“For always being by my side. For not leaving me despite me hurting you”

 

Momo’s heart

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter