• •

You are The One

Chapter 4

Jinyoung POV

It had been a week since I realized my feelings for Jihoon and honestly? I was scared. What if I slipped up and said something I shouldn't and it ruined our friendship? What if he actually got with the person he liked? Then I would be alone again. Or maybe that's how it's supposed to be.

Since day one I had always been alone, my parents abandoned me when I was just a week old but thankfully I was taken in by the orphanage.

Then at 6, I finally was adopted and it was honestly one of the greatest feelings ever, finally a actual family that would care for me. The 6 months I spent there made me feel like I was worth it for once, until they brought me back to the orphanage, saying that it was because they were moving so they had to time to take care of me, but the truth was that they found me embarrassing because people hated me, picked on me and their friends laughed at them for having such a useless child.

That was me. Since my birth, everywhere I went I was alone. I went through families like it was nothing, just a temporary house to stay in with people to look after me. Everyone found me troublesome, I was bullied in school, scolded at home, laughed at by people and mostly I hated myself.

Why was I such a failure in everything I did? Why couldn't I be good looking, have good grades, be loved by everyone and have everyone love me? Never have I felt loved or cared for or even important for once.

That was until I met Jihoon. He cared for me, more than anyone ever did, he never said that I was useless or that I was a failure. He always loved to tell me that I was the most important person in his life and how he couldn't live without me. And honestly it made me feel more important than I ever did before.

He knew that I had problems with my confidence but he never failed to compliment all my weak points and what I always thought were my worst points.

He knew I wasn't confident in my looks and everytime he saw I was trying to hide my smile or my laugh he would always tell me, 'Jinyoung stop trying to hide your smile, hands down it's the most beautiful thing I've seen, have more confidence in yourself!' Which always led to us arguing on who looked better.

He was my best friend and I knew I couldn't like him in that way and I knew he would never even think about ever dating me considering my personality and my looks. But I had to tell someone about it and who other to tell than the 2 people that were always willing to help me.

•time skip- after school•

We sat at the rooftop just lying down and relaxing. 'So why'd you call us here hyung?' Daehwi suddenly sat up and leaned against the wall.

'Remember you guys told me that if I ever needed help I could come to you?' Samuel too sat up, curious as to what I was going to tell them, 'I could really use your help now.'

'What's wrong hyung?' Samuel moved to sit in front of Daehwi and I while asking. 'I- It's just that I know I told you guys that I would never do this but I kinda actually went back on my word.'

I looked at them and opened my mouth to continue but was cut off by Daehwi, 'Okay let me guess, you fell for Jihoon hyung and his charms and now you're afraid that you'll slip up and ruin your friendship because you don't want to lose him and he already likes someone am I right?'

'Bullseye.' I sighed and ran my hand through my hair pulling it in frustration. 'What can I do? I can't just ignore him and try to get over this stupid crush or whatever. He'll think I hate him then I'll seriously lose him.'

I heard Daehwi sigh from beside me, 'Hyung why not just tell him.'

'Yeah and then lose my friendship with the first person I've ever been close to? No thanks Daehwi.' I replied unamused. Samuel who had been quiet the whole time then spoke up.

'But what if he likes you back? You'll never know until you try hyung.' I looked at him ludicrously, 'You've got to be kidding, he told me himself that he already likes someone.'

But Samuel still pressed on, 'Think about it hyung did he say who he liked?' I shook my head, 'Then how would you know it's not you?'

Daehwi nodded in agreement, finally understanding what his boyfriend was trying to put across, 'That's a good point he never said it wasn't you. But tell you what, we'll ask him on Monday who he likes alright? And don't worry we're great at reading his body language after knowing him for years so leave the rest to us!'

I sighed again, nodding at them before standing up and bringing them to the park to play basketball.

Jihoon POV

I dragged Haknyeon and Hyeongseob to the basketball court after school and we sat at the stands just talking about stuff.

'Hey Jihoon why is it you turned down everyone who asked you out? Don't you usually accept everyone's confessions. Or is it because of a special someone that you're turning them all down.' Haknyeon kicked me just as I was about to sleep.

Hyeongseob laughed at my expression, 'Yeah it's definitely got to be because of someone right? It can't be right when a special someone comes you just suddenly become like a monk not dating anyone because you "have no time".'

'Yah I could seriously have no time for random people dating me-' I kicked Haknyeon back, 'And I know you guys are talking about Jinyoung just say his name for god sake.' I rolled my eyes at them.

'Well?' They stared at me as if waiting for me to say something. I stared back, 'What? Well what? Why are you guys staring at me like that?'

Hyeongseob rolled his eyes, 'Don't play dumb, do you like Jinyoung or not.' Of course I did, I thought about not telling them but decided against it.

'I swear if you tell anyone I will personally come and find you and smack you.' I glared at them and they nodded like puppets, 'Yeah I do.' Haknyeon looked at Hyeongseob grinning smugly with his palm out. 'I knew it, pay up Haknyeon.'

Haknyeon kicked me again, 'Yah you bet over this? You guys are the worst. Why am I even friends with you.' I smacked them both. Haknyeon slapped $20 into Hyeongseob's palm, 'Because you love us. Duh.'

Hyeongseob nudged him and whispered, 'He only loves Jinyoung what are you talking about.' He picked up his bag and ran off, with Haknyeon following suit. 'YAH I HEARD THAT, COME BACK HERE.' And ran after them to the basketball court in the park.

_______________________________________________________

hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!! I know this chapter isnt rly good but do leave comments on how i can improve!!

twitter -> @ultswoojin ♡