Chapter 4

Mu-Saek (Colourless)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"IU Sshi, want to go to a party?" Yes, yes she did. 

Ji Eun remembers following Ji Yong to an underground party and being initiated into a new world. They had worn masks. Nobody knew who they were.

"This is so exciting! Nobody knows who we are!" She said, letting out a cry of excitement. She heard Ji Yong snicker. "Yes, and you don't know who they are," he said, making Ji Eun look at him with a confused expression. 

"We're not the only ones with secrets, we're not the only ones with multiple lives, multiple lies." Ji Yong nodded at a group of people in masks across the room. "You know all of them." When Ji Eun looked at them, she was unable to makeout who they were. 

"And they know you," Ji Yong said ominously, making her heartbeat speed up. "We're all in a precarious position so its only in all of our best interests to help each other." 

Ji Eun nodded in understanding. The message was clear: destroy us, we will destroy you.

"Where's the alcohol?" She asked and Ji Yong smirked.

"Everywhere."

 

xxxx

"Nowhere."  

Ji Eun felt herself return to the present. 'Nowhere', TOP had said, but in answer to what? She tried to remember. After Ji Yong had invited her, she had agreed—no, deigned—to make herself present at this small party of three. It had nothing to do with the fact that she had missed Ji Yong terribly and had been incredibly relieved and ecited that not only had he made the first move but he had also invited her to spend time with him.

Of course, it kind of that it was with TOP too...but she was willing to adjust. TOP and her were sitting in the balcony, overlooking the glittery dots that Seoul appeared to be, while Ji Yong was inside preparing some appetizers for them. Although Ji Eun had wanted to help out, he had insisted on doing it alone which left her with TOP. Alone.

They had been talking for twenty minutes now—what the hell was taking Ji Yong so long!—and Ji Eun had accidentally tuned TOP out and started reminiscing about the first time she had met Ji Yong and become friends with him...But why and how did she even start thinking about it? Did TOP say something to remind her of that? What had they even been talking about? She turned to him to listen to what he was saying.

"I'm sorry, what were you saying?" Ji Eun asked, unable to understand a word.

"Ah, that's alright," TOP broke off with an awkward smile, "I was saying that I didn't want to be anywhere, so I went to Nowhere."

"Nowhere?"

"Yeah...Ji Yong calls it Neverland." 

Comprehension dawned on Ji Eun. Of course. That club where Ji Eun and Ji Yong had went for the first time. He called it Neverland. But when Ji Eun had visited with some other friends, she knew it was also called Nowhere and Right Here and Black Hole and a plethora of other names. It was untraceable that way. Alive only in the memories of people, and that too in very different ways, under very different names. 

"You've been there too?" She asked, surprised. But as soon as the words were out of , she felt her question was incredibly foolish and silly. Of course he had. If it was TOP then there would be no place remotely weird that would be unmarked by him.

TOP smirked and surprised her further by

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter