Whatever!

Childhood friends

A/N Idk if there's any of you who are rereading this story, but I'm just gonna say that I've rewritten the chapters from the beginning and up to the chapter called "gone" I'm probably not gonna rewrite the newer chapters, since I rewrote the others bc of the bad writing. Enjoy though!


"Hey Tao- What happened?!" He turned around and looked into Kris' shocked eyes "What, what?" He asked and as Kris touched his cheek, he winched in pain "Oh that" Tao's father had slapped him, for not having manners, when he was presented to his father's co-workers or whatever they were. It's not like he was rude or anything, he was just emotionless, and not as outgoing as he should be 

"It's nothing. I'm fine" Tao said, with a smile as his hand covered his cheek. Kris stared at him for a bit, making him uncomfortable, because he knew Tao was lying "It's your father right?"
Tao didn't say anything and just stared down on the road, as they walked towards the school. Tao didn't really care about the wound or whatever though, he had other things to worry about, the tests next week, his dreams that he thinks represents their future. 

In all them, they're always older than they are now and for now, his dreams are either like that or wet dreams. When they arrived at school, Kris' girl, called Somi or something, Tao didn't really pay attention when Kris told him. He was too busy with looking at his cheerful expression and being jealous that she made him that way, and not Tao. Well at least it wasn't like the last girlfriend Kris had, where he "accidentally" called her . She deserved it though, she was so clingy, and Tao wasn't able to be near Kris, what a pain. 

Somi was somehow more chill, but that doesn't mean Tao accepts her, not at all. Why is he so popular? Why can't it just be Tao who sees him as perfect?! Tao went to his class, followed by Somi who was also in that class. Pain!!! "Hey Tao what's with the dark aura today?" Johnny asked. Tao looked into Johnny's eyes and pierced his soul.
"Nothing" Tao answered and looked outside  Somi he thought.

At lunch, he and the group of friends aka Kris, Johnny, Taeyong, Sicheng, Yuta, Baekhyun, Kai, and literally the whole soccer team sat at the table. Tao really only considered the named guys as close friends. But the reason why he is mentioning this is obviously because of the fact that Somi sat at their table too!.... but could you blame her? Yes! "Tao, wanna study at my house after school?" Kris asked him "Yeah. Why did you even ask?"
"Just to be sure" he said with a small smile before focusing on his food again.
"Hey Tao" Baekhyun started, who was sitting beside him "Mhm?" Tao asked looked over at him "Why did you reject Doyeon?"
"Doyeon?"
"The girl from my class who confessed to you a couple of days ago" Kris explained to him and Tao felt a lightbulb go off in his head "Oooooh her!" he said
"Why?" Tao asked with a questioned look "Cause I thought you were looking for a girlfriend" Baekhyun shrugged, and Tao shrugged as well "Well, she was not my type-"
"That's a lie!" Somi interrupted and Tao rolled his eyes at her accidentally. Couldn't she shut up?! Why did she care? "What?" Tao half spat at her, as he glared at her "I'm her friend you know" 
"So?" Tao was getting annoyed, and he knew that the others could see it. It's not that he has a bad temper, and gets angry a lot. It's quite the opposite, and when he gets mad, well his friends know to not go near him or start a fight. They've learned that the hard "She told me what you said when you rejected her" she spat at him and he rolled his eyes again and leaned back with crossed arms "So? Is it really important?!" The others at the table stopped whatever they were doing, and even Kris was sitting there glancing between the two, and wondered if he should stop Tao or Somi.

 "What did you say?" Baekhyun asked, and the rest of the table wished Baekhyunhadn't asked, because well let's just see what happened. Tao turned to Baekhyun and said "Nothi-"
"He said if it had been different he wouldn't have rejected her, what the Tao?!" she said and stood, and Tao saw how Kris gently took his hands around her wrist and whispered "Somi, just stop now" but she wriggled his hand off, and he muttered a small "" 


"Why are you so pissed Somi?!" Tao yelled at her also standing up, and Baekhyun and Johnny who had been sitting beside him retreated. They didn't want to deal with a pissed off Tao "Why the does it matter why I rejected her?! If I don't love her I don't!" He yelled and Kris gulped at sight and tried again to make Somi sit that, but obviously, she didn't know that Tao was dangerous when he was pissed

"At least not use that reason! It's so ing lame!" Somi yelled back, and the cafeteria turned to watch what was going. No one seemed to understand what the hell was going on, not even Kris, though he knows how mad Somi is at Tao for rejecting her friend, who came crying to her. "Tao, maybe you should stop, everyone is watching" Johnny whispered to him, with his hand touching his wrist. Kris noticed this and didn't like it, but no one seemed to be aware of this. Tao let out a sigh before saying "It's the truth Somi! So stop it! End of discussion!" Tao walked out of the cafeteria with Johnny scurrying after him.

"Tao wait up!" Johnny yelled, but the other just continued his way into the bathroom "That !" He yelled and slammed his hands onto the sink once Johnny was inside too. Johnny was sure that nearby students would have heard it loud and clear, even with the door closed. Tao turned to Johnny, who noticed the madness in Tao's eyes, and saw how tight his fists were clenched "She is just too much!" He said with a horrifying laugh as if he had really lost his sanity. He was beyond pissed at this point, and honestly, Johnny was terrified "Tao calm down!" He said and took a grip on his shoulders, and made him look into his eyes "I ing hate her!" Tao spat, before making his way out of Johnny's grip
"No you don't, you're just jealous-"
"Same !"
"No, but jealousy does lead to hate"
"Oh, really I didn't know! Ever tried it!?" Tao spat again, and Johnny looked away with a sad expression as a sigh made its way out "Yep, I've tried it" he spoke in a low voice and Tao seemed to  have calmed down a little as he saw his friend with a troubled expression  "Still hate that person?" Tao asked Johnny "Nah, forgave him" he said with a shake of his head and a small smile


"How?" Tao asked and leaned against the sink, while Johnny looked at the ceiling, and then at Tao again "Realized it didn't get me anywhere, so I forgave him, it's not his fault anyway. All it gave me was my own pain" There was silence between them, Tao calmed down, and saw where Johnny was coming from "Do I know him?" He asked "What?"
"The guy you forgave" Johnny shifted a bit and leaned against the wall "Yeah"
"Who?"
"It's K-" Before Johnny could say it, the door was opened and in stepped Kris, he looked at the two. Johnny standing beside him and Tao in front of him "Are you okay?" He asked. Tao shrugged "Why shouldn't I be okay? It was just a minor discussion" He answered and looked away "Well I apologize for her behavior" Kris said
"Girls are annoying, why did she get so mad?!" Kris shrugged "I don't know, seems like Doyeon is her close friend"
"Seems like she hates me. Well, whatever" Tao walked out of the bathroom leaving Kris alone with Johnny's glare.

"So we meet again" Tao wanted to say the sentence out loud as he, Kris and Somi was walking to Kris' home. He had asked Kris why she was coming, but the latter didn't answer. Kris knew he shouldn't have made her come. He walked between the two, it was the best as the tension was so thick you could cut it with a knife, and Kris feared that if he stepped just a bit forward, they'd start fighting. "So ready for the tests next week?" He asked glancing at them, but no answer came, well how awkward.





A slap echoed through the house, making Kris drop his glass into the sink "!" Fear pumped through his veins, and his heartbeat increased as he flew up the stairs. It was a terrible idea, he knew. But he thought they would just shut up at some point. Right as he was about to open the door, it was ripped open, and out dashed Tao "I'm going home" he muttered as he passed Kris, tears falling from his eyes "Wait! Tao!" But Tao was already gone and the sound of the front door slamming echoed in the silent house. Kris finally turned back to his room and saw Somi standing still "What the hell happened?" He half yelled at her, but as he walked inside, he stopped and stared at her.





The air was tense but more awkward for Kris. When he looked up all he saw was Tao and Somi looking down in the books with a glare. They didn't answer when he asked them about anything. It confused him a bit why they hated each other that much. He didn't expect Somi to be so mad about the whole rejection thing, but that Tao yelled back took him aback. Tao's a person who controls his temper and rarely loses it. He has rarely ever seen him get that mad, and he's not even gotten that mad at his father, so why? 

In the minutes of silence and glancing at the two he came up with a plan. "I'm gonna get some water, want anything?" 
"Snacks" Tao said with a monotone voice not even looking away from his book. Kris closed the door after him and locked it, maybe it'll work, hopefully, it'll work. He went downstairs and got a glass of water and a bag of chips for himself, and waited.

Tao sat and wondered where Kris had run off to. It's been over 5 minutes, and it doesn't even take 2 minutes to grab water. He looked around, then at his phone "Why are you so uneasy?" Somi asked with a laugh "Because I'm alone with you" he answered in a monotone voice
"I'm taken"
"Oh please, I would rather be in torture for 1000 years than ever be near you!" He said and got up "I'm gonna check on Kris"  But when he turned the handle, it was locked "The ?" he whispered, loud enough for Somi to hear
"What's wrong?"Somi asked, but Tao ignored it and yelled "YAH KRIS THE ?!"
"What's wrong Tao?" His voice sounded from the other side "What's going on?" Somi asked again "Kris locked us inside"

"WHAT?" She got up "YAH KRIS"
"Sorry, not letting you out, 'till you get along" Tao took a hand to his head "what the hell I might as well jump out of the window"
"The window is still jammed, Tao!" Kris said with a laugh ""
"And I have the extra key with me"
"Omg Kris I ing hate you right ing now"  but the said one just responded with a laugh "I'll be downstairs if you need me" then he disappeared "Start talking!" Was the last thing he said 

"I'm not gonna talk to you" he said to Somi and continued studying "Like I would talk to you either!" Somi crossed her arms and looked offended, typical girls. Tao could see how much she wanted to yell at him 

"Just spit it out!" She sent him a glare, and Tao let out a sigh "Is this about the rejection?" He asked, he was growing pretty tired of this piss "Well if you choose to stay silent, please do, just remember" he looked her directly in the eyes "I will never treat you well, just because you're his girlfriend! You're an eyesore! I'll never accept you! Just break apart already or I'll make you!"
"Pfft, as if!" Did she think he was joking because he wasn't "What?" He laughed at her, the humiliation in his voice was clear "Do you really think you can work out? Oh please, you're only one in many girls thinking that" He straightened his back and continued to look at her, he could see how she was slowly breaking under him "Why are so against his girlfriends Tao?! Please don't tell me you're jealous"
"You're both guys!"
"What are you saying, I don't get you"
"But I guess it makes sense. 'Cause WHO WOULD REJECT A GIRL SPILLING HER HEART OUT"
"I WOULD! I ING WOULD. WHY THE ARE YOU SO PISSED OVER THAT SOMI! WHAT THE HELL DO YOU HAVE AGAINST ME!" Tao didn't have the energy for this, but somehow he couldn't stop "You! You are a ing ! You don't even try to love those who love you! YOU PROBABLY CAN'T FEEL LOVE CAN YOU?!"


"I CAN, I ING CAN SOMI. DON'T SAY THAT TO ME. IF ANYONE KNOWS LOVE IT'S ME!"
"AS IF. ALL YOU ING DO IS JUDGE EVERYONE GETTING CLOSE TO KRIS. DON'T BE SUCH A ING LOSER. YOU ONLY ING KNOW HATE"
"YES, MAYBE I ING DO! BUT-But" Tao had nothing to say, and it annoyed him 

"No comeback? Thought so. You knowing love. Please!" Her laugh was sickening, he wanted to disappear "Oh god what a joke. You and love as if you've ever been in love" Tao froze a bit 

"I've been in love! I'VE BEEN MORE IN LOVE THAN YOU HAVE. I AM IN LOVE MORE THAN KRIS IS IN LOVE WITH YOU" Then he shut up. He had nothing more to say or so he thought "Did you really think you had a chance with him? You really did, didn't you?" Somi looked away "Yeah okay, I guess you're all happy that you got to be with him, cause he's popular! Sorry to break it to you sweetie, but really you'll be gone soon. Believe me, I know, cause I know how he works, I know why he breaks up with girls, and around what time he will! And well your time is running out!" 

Tao saw her look onto the floor, was she crying? "God you sound like a jealous girlfriend Tao, omg don't tell me" She turned around with a manic expression, was she laughing, or pitying someone, pitying him?
"What are you talking about?"
"Are you, are you ing GAY?!" He froze "Omg, it's true, isn't it? Omg" She started laughing at him, the humiliation was there. He wanted to disappear. He knew what kind of girl Somi was, if she knew, soon everyone would "Wh-what? Of course, I'm not. What the !" He tried to say it without breaking his voice, but failed "Oh really?! So you're not?! You just act like a possessive girlfriend all the time!?"
"I'M NOT GAY! STOP SAYING NONSENSE! DO YOU REALLY WANNA DIE?!"
"Omg!" She stops
"Don't tell me. Don't tell me you're in love with Kris!"
"Didn't I say-"
"Omg!" Tao was starting to panic "STOP TALKING SOMI"
"Omg no, I won't stop. Dude! That's sick! Omg! And you're the heir! Omg. I don't pity you at all. It's ing disgusting. Even crushing on your childhood friend omg! Poor Kris!" Tao really wanted to die, right now, just smashing the window open to get out seems logical "So-Somi, Sh-shut up!" Her expression kept changing, scaring Tao, what was she gonna do?
"is that why you keep breaking Kris' relationships?! That's ing sick! You're ing sick Tao! You ruin their luck because YOU ARE jealous, YOU can't get him!"
"SHUT UP"
"NO, YOU ARE SICK TAO! SICK! IT'S DISGUSTING! YOU CAN NEVER BE LOVED BACK TAO! YOU ARE A BOY!"
"SHUT UP SOMI SHUT UP" 

But did she? No.

Should she? Yes

"YOU ARE SICK"

"YOU ARE SICK" 

with every yell, her voice got higher and higher. At this point, tears started falling from Tao's eyes. Rejection, rejection, repeated itself in his head. It's the one in a few things he fears. She continues to yell it over and over "Shut up, please"
"YOU ARE SICK-" she shut up, a red mark started forming on her cheek, and Tao could see tears starting to fall, "I said shut up!" He packed his stuff, took out a key from his bag, another key for this bedroom, why he has it, he doesn't know. He turned the handle, and ripped it open and saw Kris on the other side of it "I'm going home" he mumbled and ignored how Kris yelled after him. When he was outside, he put a hand over his mouth as he broke down into tears. Please don't say anything he begged please don't.


"He's-" her voice came out broken "I know, be good and don't tell anyone okay? Please" he looked into her eyes as she nodded with tears in her eyes.