Chapter 3

Sleepy Jungie

Sleepy Jungie: White

"Nooo nooo nooo!" A voice could be heard within the dark hallway of T-ara's dorm.

"Where's that coming from??" Eunjung wondered. She was feeling a bit creeped out considering the darkness engulfing everything. She followed the voice until she found herself in front of Jiyeon's room. She carefully pushed the door and peaked in.

"Omo Jiyeon-ah! Are you watching scary movies again?" Eunjung breathed a sigh of relief knowing that nothing serious was actually happening.

"Noooo Jungie! You're dying..." Jiyeon didn't even look at her Unnie, her eyes were attached to the screen. She reached out with one of her palms and gently the television screen.

"What are you watching?" Eunjung asked. The room was dark and the only source of light came from the television. She gave up trying to look for the DVD case. "Yah! Are you watching White?" Eunjung quickly ran to the screen and covered it with her body.

"Jungie! I'm watching!" Jiyeon whined.

"Stop watching me die... it's embarrassing!" Eunjung switched the TV off and the lights. "Wae? Are you crying??"

"..." Jiyeon sobbed a few times.

"The movie wasn't that great anyway, it's okay Jiyeon," Eunjung walked over to her maknae and put her arms around her back.

"That's not it Eunjung-unnie!" Jiyeon suddenly became angry, "How am I supposed to protect you??"

"Protect me? From what?" Eunjung chuckled, "Don't worry about me, it's just a movie!"

"Don't leave me okay? Promise me..." Jiyeon hugged her unnie as tightly as she could.

"Okay okay," Eunjung rubbed Jiyeon's back, "I'll be safe because I know you'll protect me,"

_____

The crowd could be heard cheering from miles away. It was the night of the end of the year k-pop special concert and everyone was excited. Most of the T-ara members were in their changing rooms and were in the process of putting on their make up and performance attire. Jiyeon looked at her face in the mirror and adjusted her microphone.

"All set," Her make up coordinator had just finished the last touches.

"Kansamnida," Jiyeon thanked her. She got up from her chair and walked over to Eunjung who saw her coming and waved to her. "Are you okay Jungie?"

"Dae dae, stop worrying and have fun!" Eunjung reassured her, "It's about to be New Years!" She spun around in her chair. After a successful on performance of Cry Cry on stage, Jiyeon began to relax, nothing dangerous had happened so far and it would be unlikely for anything to happen now, or so she thought.

Jiyeon happily walked along the hallways backstage until she overheard a conversation between several backstage managers.

"Eunjung slipped and fell?"

"She'll be okay, we have special slippers prepared..."

"Yah! What do you mean??! What's going on? Where's my Jungie!" Jiyeon cried and surprised the managers. She stormed off before they had a chance to respond to her. All they did was look at each other with wide eyes.

"Aish.." Jiyeon made a face of distress and discomfort. She sped walk through the halls looking for Eunjung. Her performance attire was starting to irritate her and her eye makeup began to leak down her face because of her tears. "There! I found you!" Jiyeon ran towards Eunjung who was sitting down on a bench rubbing her ankle. "What happened?" The maknae shook her unnie's shoulders.

"Yah, stop it Jiyeon," Eunjung brushed Jiyeon's hands off her shoulders, "I'm okay, I just twisted my ankles when walking down some stairs. Jiyeon slowly grabbed a Eunjung's ankle and examined it, after a while, she looked up with pleading eyes, "Please take a break Eunjungie, you need it..."

"Arasso, I promise," Eunjung sighed, "But I have to go MC now okay?" She gave Jiyeon a sisterly kiss on the forehead before heading out.

_____

A few months later..

"It's c-cold.." Eunjung was shaking in the snow even though she was already wearing multiple layers.

"Haha Eunjung-unnie, we're almost home," Hyomin said as she walked beside her, "Be careful there's a lot of snow and ice covering the ground," she warned. It was a dark and snowy night and T-ara had just finished their daily schedule. The two of them walked ahead of the group, Eunjung looked behind her to see Jiyeon enjoying herself laughing with Boram and Hwayoung. Jiyeon had been worrying too much about her recently. She hoped that her maknae would finally calm down.

"Here we are at the steps," Hyomin announced, "Umm.. watch out Jungie!"

Eunjung was too caught up in her thoughts about Jiyeon, she failed to notice the black ice she was about to step on. Her foot slipped, causing her to fall and smash her knee on the concrete ground below. "Aaaahhh!!" Eunjung was on the ground holding her knee.

"Omo!" Hyomin quickly went by Eunjung's side, "Are you okay? Is your knee okay?"

"I-I think I broke something.." Eunjung was breathing heavily, she looked into the distance, the rest of the T-ara members were still far away. The pain in her leg caused her to wince. "Hyomin-ah, please don't tell Jiyeon...she's going to freak out..." Eunjung pleaded. Hyomin nodded and slowly helped Eunjung sit up to examine her knee but it was too late, Jiyeon had already seen everything.

"Unniiieeee!" Jiyeon ran up to Eunjung with an open jaw and wide eyes, she waved her hands frantically in confusion wondering if she should touch her unnie or not, "Eotteokhae??" She panicked. Hyomin grabbed one of Eunjung's arms and instructed Jiyeon to do the same. As they helped her up, she felt sad that she was worrying her maknae again, but she also smiled knowing that she had loving members taking care of her. Howerver, Jiyeon was still being overly paranoid she thought.

_____

Yet, more months later after the Sleepy Jungie incident...

"I don't want to be enemies in our sleep!" Jiyeon cried.

"We're not, we'll never be!" Eunjung hugged her maknae Jiyeon tightly.

That night, Jiyeon was afraid to fall asleep, she didn't want the J-oppa within her to wake up and hurt people again, especially Eunjung. She lied in bed for as long as she could remember, trying to keep herself awake, but eventually her sleepiness had taken hold of her.

She saw a girl in the distance, a girl who looked exactly like her but with a boyish hair cut and a deepness in her eyes that couldn't be explained. She held a pistol in one hand and was walking swiftly towards Jiyeon. They were about a few feet apart when the girl brought the pistol up and pointed straight at Jiyeon's face. "Why won't you let me out?" J-oppa asked Jiyeon.

"I will never sleep walk again," Jiyeon stated boldly, unwavered by the pistol's threat, "I won't let you make us hurt Eunjung!"

"She's standing between us and Qri!" J-oppa yelled, "Don't you understand?!" Unconsciously, Eunjung and Jiyeon were in love with Qri.

"I made a promise that I would protect her!" Jiyeon responded, staying by her conviction.

Her alter ego, only looked at her and laughed, "Protect the girl who attacks people in her sleep? At least I know my target!" J-oppa sighed and responded coldly, "If I ever see Eunjung during one of our sleep walks, I'll shoot her on the spot."

Jiyeon woke up with a cold sweat, she shivered, and really really hoped that she wouldn't end up with Eunjung's blood on her hands. She had a made promise that she would protect her unnie no matter what, even if it was against herself. Her paranoia brought her to walk into Eunjung's room first thing in the morning to find Eunjung on her laptop.

Eunjung was busy typing away with her eyes glued to the screen. Her bangs were getting in the way so she reached up and pushed them aside accidentally scratching her forehead with her nails, leaving a cut. Next, shifted her legs to a more comfortable position but yet again, scratching herself. "Aigoo!! Why do I keep getting cuts!" Eunjung muttered to herself.

"Omo! Where!?" Jiyeon rushed in with napkins and band aids in her hands.

"S-s-stop!" Eunjung raised both her palms signaling for Jiyeon to calm down, "We need to talk Jiyeon-ah! You have to calm down, these are just small cuts, you are being overprotective!"

"Well you keep getting hurt! What am I supposed to do??" Jiyeon answered on the verge of tears.

"You should be more worried about yourself!" Eunjung answered with concern, "I still can't control my taekwondo in my sleep..." She remembered the incident a few nights before, who knew when she would sleep walk again.

"Same with J-oppa.." Jiyeon muttered. She referred to the Cry Cry version of herself who came out whenever she slept walked as well.

"Who?" Eunjung had almost forgotten.

"I become J-oppa when I sleep walk sometimes, she's scary, I really hope she won't find a real gun to carry around," Jiyeon explained. The two of them sat in silence for a minute, contemplating their situation, the sudden remembrance of their schedule brought Eunjung back to reality.

"We should probably go now, we have a photoshoot today!" Eunjung quickly packed her stuff and grabbed her things.

"Arasso.." Jiyeon agreed but her mind was still elsewhere.

_____

The next day...

As Boram walked around the dorm, she noticed Eunjung walking around a bit dazed. "Hm..? What's Jungie doing?" She squinted her eyes to get a better look at Eunjung from a safe distance, "Is she sleep walking again?" She noticed Eunjung's dim eyes and could instantly tell something was amiss. Fearing for her safety, Boram ran behind the couch and hid, but not without making noise..

"Who's there??" Eunjung sounded frightened. "Where am I? Where are you guys? Jenny? A-rang? Shinji?"

Boram thought to herself, she heard those names somewhere before but she couldn't pinpoint it. She slowly stood up from behind the couch to face the dangerous Sleepy Jungie. "I-I'm Boram, remember?" Boram explained nervously, "Are you okay Eunjung-ah?

"Eun...jung??" Eunjung repeated with confusion.

Hyomin walked into the living room to see Boram stand there nervously, she walked closer and saw Eunjung with her dim eyes. She instantly ran by Boram's side and whispered to her, "Is Jungie sleep walking again??" Boram nodded slowly in response.

"Wah, please don't hurt us!!" Hyomin pleaded.

"My name is Eunju, not Eunjung"

"Dae?!" Hyomin and Boram were surprised simultaneously.

_____

Jiyeon yawned and walked out into the living room where she saw her unnie's sitting around a table and chatting. She noticed Hwayoung walking by and decided to ask her a question, "Psst Hwayoung-ah, what's going on?"

"Oh Jiyeon!" Hwayoung proceeded to explain, "Jungie is sleep walking again, but this time, it's like she's another person!"

"Wah really?" Jiyeon walked to the table and sat down, staring at Eunjung, surprising everyone.

"Oh? Annyeong, my name is Eunju," Eunju greeted Jiyeon.

"Did you say Eunju??" Jiyeon instantly remembered the movie she watched a few months ago, "From the movie White?!?"

"Ohhh that's what it was!" Boram finally remembered, "You were looking for your other members!"

"My life.. is a movie?" Eunju became confused.

"Kyaaa! Jungie! You've really become someone else this time..." Jiyeon spazzed.

"Ahem, as I was saying before Jiyeon sat here and interrupted me.." Hyomin continued explaining to Eunju what T-ara was, "We don't have main singer or dancer because all seven of us are equally talented and lovely~"

"Ah really? That's great," Eunju smiled. "I'm glad to see that I'm part of a group that actually respects each other.." Jiyeon observed Eunju's demeanor. She was more reserved and possibly even more polite than Eunjung. She smiled, wondering what she would tell Eunjung once she woke up. Jiyeon laughed to herself quietly, she had so many questions to ask Eunju.

"Wait here I'm going to get the movie!" Jiyeon ran to her room in search for her DVD. "Aish, where did I put it...ah there!" She looked at her DVD collection and found White: The Melody of the Curse. "Daebak! Let's go!" She rushed back into the living to find that Eunju had left and Hyomin and Boram were talking to each other.

Back in the living room..

"Yah! Where did she go?" Jiyeon yelled at her unnie's.

"Calm down.." Hyomin stared at her excited dongsaeng.

"I can't! I've been told that so many times!" Jiyeon pouted.

"Eunju went for a walk," Boram answered her question finally, "She said that it was too hot in here?"

"You guys let her go by herself while she's sleep walking?" Jiyeon panicked, "Wait..." She remembered those infamous lines from the movie, it hit her as if a light bulb had lit and burst into millions of sparks. She bolted for the door. "Eunju!!!!"

_____

"Is that T-ara's Eunjung?!" A fan shouted from across the street?

"Really?"

"Where?"

"OMG I need an autograph!!"

A fury of fans ran after the unsuspecting Eunju, her dim eyes looked at the crowd running towards her. "Ah..."

The crazy fans began to tug at her arms begging for autographs, there were about thirty people crowded around her, shoving each other, some were taking pictures, others were just hoping for a glimpse of their favorite idol. Some were even there to take notes so they could write better fanfics.

Jiyeon ran as fast as she could in search of Eunju, she heard shouting and screaming in the distance and knew instantly where she had to go. She wore her wig from Cry Cry, giving her a boyish look, along with a cap and some shades to hide her identity.

"Those crazy fans are hurting her!" Jiyeon sprinted straight into the crowd, pushing the crazy Diadems aside. The crowd made a circle and gave them space. Jiyeon stared at the person on the floor, it was Eunju!

"Eunju-ah!" The maknae knelt down and held her unnie's head.

Eunju coughed, she looked really messy and possibly hurt, she was beginning to close her eyes. Jiyeon stared at those dim eyes, she had been trying to protect Eunjung all this time, and in the end, she couldn't keep her promise.

"Ji...yeon... I haven't known you for long," Eunju mustered her last few breaths, "But I can tell, you're the best friend anyone could have.." She smiled before drifting back into her slumber.

"I couldn't even show you your own movie..." Jiyeon whispered in sorrow.

"Kyaaaa~ that was so cute and epic!" The fans screamed at the moment they shared, gasps were heard multiple times, "Park Jiyeon is here now!!" Suddenly dozens of hands pulled Jiyeon into the crowd.

"Aahh stop it!" Jiyeon pleaded her fans to stop. She felt dizzy and fainted amongst all the clamor.

A few minutes later...

"Yaaaaahhh!!" Fans flew to the side as Eunjung kicked them away one by one. Her skilled taekwondo helped her create a path to Jiyeon. "So many people to kick, so much fun!" the Sleepy Taekwondo Jungie was back.

A single bullet shot straight up into the air, J-oppa had arrived... again. Their dim eyes met for a moment and the two of them laughed. The two of them had their backs to each other, fighting the crazy fans who came their way.

"I brought a real gun this time," J-oppa said with an amused expression.

"Don't talk like we're friends," Taekwondo Jungie said coldy but with a slight smirk on her face, "We still have the Q-oppa matter to settle,"

Once they had cleared the area of all crazy Diadems, J-oppa pointed her pistol at her enemy.

"So that's how it's going to be?" T-Jungie stared at J-oppa.

"Well, I did promise Jiyeon that I would shoot you on the spot," J-oppa said with a straight face, but soon, a smile formed on her face, "But she promised that she would protect Eunjung so I guess we'll have to settle this another time." She walked up to her enemy and hugged her.

"W-what are you doing?" stammered T-Jungie.

"Just this once, for Eunjung and Jiyeon"

_____

"Jiyeon..Jiyeon! Wake up!" Eunjung shook her maknae. They were both hugging each other in their sleep.

"Hm..where are we?" Jiyeon opened her eyes, "Omo! You're back to normal!" She was glad to see Eunjung awake again. They were outside around the shopping mall district.

"Aigoo, did I sleep walk again?" Eunjung sighed, "I hope I didn't hurt anyone..." She looked at Jiyeon. "Hey why do you have a gun??"

"Wah!" Jiyeon gasped and carefully placed the gun down, "J-oppa..." She took off her Cry Cry wig to feel fully like herself again. The disguise didn't help her escape the crazy fans anyway. She couldn't believe that she had slept walk again.

"While we're here, let's go shopping!" Eunjung laughed.

"I think the others will be looking for us..." Jiyeon thought out loud, "But who cares!" She wanted to spend time with her unnie. "I've finally protected you~" She danced around happily.

Eunjung sighed with relief and thought to herself, "Hopefully she'll stop trying so hard now..."

The End

(Don't worry, T-ara still loves us! Even if it's harsh love.. lol)